Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TC tickets FUBARED as usual

I disagree you have no idea what we encountered there and the guy told us that the reason why they were giving out a limited number of tickets was because last year someone in the Texans admin office found out that people were selling the ticks when they got them for free.

I disagree you have no idea what we encountered there and the guy told us that the reason why they were giving out a limted number of tickets was because last year someone in the Texans admin office found out that people were selling the ticks when they got them for free

Nevermid, I was being an a s s. I should just let people vent.

The way they handled the personal information stuff last year made more sense. (At least they handled it the right way where I went).

You got the tickets without filling anyting out. If you wanted the t-shirt, you filled out personal information.

Win-win. You don't have to fill anything out to just get your tickets. If you didn't mind getting your privacy invaded, you could choose to get a t-shirt.

Tell you what, I went back to the same bank today and got some more tix cause I realized needed some more, filled out form with bogus info, got tix and left. It's okay to complain, but there is gonna be more complaining if they stop having open practices. Let's make this positive and support our TEAM even if there is some inconvenience involved in dealing with the bank people.

Right I am a little ticked off about the unseen fine print as well...There was a max of 12 tickets per location...I ended up getting 4 tickets to the last 3, since I will be in town for those other dates. They also made me fill out some form...I did not give my correct information...

Why when I called the TC hotline- 832-667-2007- it sounds like only the kids will be able to get autographs...Sounds like I need to babysit somebodies child on these dates....

I really wish they would just be upfront about everything...then there would be no room for complaining.

:highfive: :winky: :) now that is funny

alrighty I went to the new watchovaya bank at the league city branch off 646 and asked for tickets as i am sure everyone else did. They asked how many and to which ones. and being the greedy chit I am I say I want em all... so they explained you get 6 tickets to 2 of them... as opposed to 2 tickets to 6 of them... ok so I get asked to fill out the paper as does everyone and then get talked to like a dog for being a Texans fan ( Cowgirls Fans ). So... I start to tell them to start naming me some players that play for the COWGIRLS which usually shows they don't even know anything about the team they jeer for. The only player they could name was Homo or Romo or whatever his name is. Alrighy back on track I think I converted the whole bank into being Texans fans and now I think they are out of tickets b/c the rest of the people there wanted to go to the TC to watch.

ah I just get aggrivated with people who have no clue about football but sit and dog on the texans and then you ask them their team and say name 3 people that play for them. Most can't and go well... ummm ... yeah. I love to see a PSUEDO-FAN crawfish.

Do you still need training camp tickets. I have some that am sure I won't use. Call me if you don't have any yet. 713-298-8862 Julius

Do you still need training camp tickets. I have some that am sure I won't use. Call me if you don't have any yet. 713-298-8862 Julius

I might take you up on that. They caught me off gaurd today when they told me to pick 2 dates. I wasn't sure my work schedule due to shift work and then going on turnaround in another month or so. I kinda just guessed at a couple dates "I thought I was off".

I walked into the Wachovia on 1960 yesterday and waited for my turn with the associate in charge of TC tix.

It was a painless process.... the only information I was reluctant to give out was my phone number, since the fine print at the bottom of the sheet indicated that "Only Wachovia and their affiliates will contact you by this number", or something to that effect.

The associate told me that I could have a choice of any 12 tickets available. I asked if I could have 4 tickets to the three weekend morning camps, and he gave them to me. In fact, he even gave me an extra ticket to the 28th camp by accident.

The long drive down 1960 paid off! I hope you guys have some more luck.

I should have written FUBAR'ed. Similar to SNAFU, I think it was in Full metal Jacket?

blanked Up Beyond All Recognition

FYI - From a reply email I got regarding this mess...

"The Training Camp hotline has been changed and it now informs the public that autographs are open to fans of all ages pending on team schedule." :fans:

Im glad autographs were changed to all ages...I am looking forward to getting some of my stuff signed. I heard (to late) at last years TC you have to get a ticket each morning to get in line ....what time do you all recommend getting there to get one of these tickets?:texflag:

Im glad autographs were changed to all ages...I am looking forward to getting some of my stuff signed. I heard (to late) at last years TC you have to get a ticket each morning to get in line ....what time do you all recommend getting there to get one of these tickets?:texflag:

Sadly, too early. Let's say gates open at 3. People arrive as early as noon to wait outside the gate. The first 50 people to the autograph line get a red ticket.

The first "X" many people in the autograph line (meaning they never moved from their spot during the entire training camp) will get ________ (insert good players here) while the rest of the people will get people who likely won't make the team.

Not that this is a bad process, but essentially if you want Andre, or Mario, or Green's (etc.) plan on waiting in line (2 different lines) for about 6 hours total. If you have multiple people in your party, you can take turns waiting in the second line (the autograph line), one person holds the spot, one person watches camp, swap.

Last year we were given a time to get the tickets for the autographs. When we got there the tickets were already given out. This went on for all the practices. People were very angry.

You guys need to try a small town. I went to Cleveland only because it is close - relatively speaking - to Lake Livingston where I live.

Yes, I had to fill out a form but I was also handed the entire box of tickets and told to take what I wanted as the lady was helping a gentleman.

I took 6 to each practice as I thought that was the rule - silly me.

If anyone wants tickets - just pm me your address and I will send them. I'm only planning on attending the 28th pm and 29th am at this point - it is a long drive.
Received today. Wow. I sincerely appreciated this. There are some really good people on this board. I'm really glad to be a part of this board and certainly will return the favor once I'm capable.

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. To attend the Eagles TC you get in the car, drive to Lehigh U., park the car, walk to the practice field and watch practice.

That's it. No tickets, no forms. Just a lot of people, kids and a dog or two running around.

You guys deserve better.

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. To attend the Eagles TC you get in the car, drive to Lehigh U., park the car, walk to the practice field and watch practice.

That's it. No tickets, no forms. Just a lot of people, kids and a dog or two running around.

You guys deserve better.

No, we're grateful. Many teams have their TC's at remote locations AND/OR charge!! I like having it in town and for free :) There are just issues every year with getting the free tickets.

You guys deserve better.

There's limited seating at the practice facility (~2500). If they didn't control attendance by requiring tickets there would probably be more people show up than there are seats, aka chaos. I've been to every public tc session and most, if not all have 'sold out.'

This isn't like the old days with the Oilers when we used to drive to San Marcos or San Antonio to watch training camp and there were 30 people in the stands.

There's limited seating at the practice facility (~2500). If they didn't control attendance by requiring tickets there would probably be more people show up than there are seats, aka chaos. I've been to every public tc session and most, if not all have 'sold out.'

This isn't like the old days with the Oilers when we used to drive to San Marcos or San Antonio to watch training camp and there were 30 people in the stands.

Ok, I see the need for tickets. Didn't know you had seats.
Someone said something about charging for tickets for TC. I am not good at finding links, but I think about 5 years ago, Snyder of the Redsikns charged $10 to get into the TC.
He was shocked to find when he did so, scouts from Dallas, the Giants and the Eagles were among the fans. Found out that they had a right to attend if they had to pay to get in, but were barred if the camp was free.

Back