Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tailgate Info for a group of out of towners

Mitchell Long

Practice Squad
I am driving down next weekend for the Raiders game from St Louis with a group of avid tailgaters. We hit up a new stadium each year and do our own food, drinks, games, music, and setup. For noon games we usually arrive by 5am, we were excited the game was changed to 3:25 so that we could get in an all day tailgate. According to NRG website tailgate spots open 4 hours prior to kickoff and 5 hours prior in platinum section. We were hoping to start our tailgate at 8:00 am and do breakfast and lunch and make an entire day out of it. Most stadiums we went to previously have other lots further away from the stadium that open earlier and allow for this. Are there any lots that open that early and provide a good place for tailgating and hanging out with other tailgaters(which is our favorite part). Or do you recommend we get the parking pass for the platinum section and just arrive 5 hours prior? Thank you in advance and I can't wait to see Watson, NUK, Watt, and the rest of the gang destroy the Raiders!

I am driving down next weekend for the Raiders game from St Louis with a group of avid tailgaters. We hit up a new stadium each year and do our own food, drinks, games, music, and setup. For noon games we usually arrive by 5am, we were excited the game was changed to 3:25 so that we could get in an all day tailgate. According to NRG website tailgate spots open 4 hours prior to kickoff and 5 hours prior in platinum section. We were hoping to start our tailgate at 8:00 am and do breakfast and lunch and make an entire day out of it. Most stadiums we went to previously have other lots further away from the stadium that open earlier and allow for this. Are there any lots that open that early and provide a good place for tailgating and hanging out with other tailgaters(which is our favorite part). Or do you recommend we get the parking pass for the platinum section and just arrive 5 hours prior? Thank you in advance and I can't wait to see Watson, NUK, Watt, and the rest of the gang destroy the Raiders!

Nope, platinum is your best bet. Just tailgate in your hotel parking lot at 8AM then move to your lot when they open. Since it's an afternoon game the traffic will back up and most of the time the gates will open about 20 to 30 minutes earlier than normal but you won't find any lots at 8AM

Back