Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"...still pretty sloppy at times," Kubiak said.

Luv_ya_blue

Truth, Love, Faith & Obedience - Christianity 101
Just wanted to get your attention.
This is a really positive article on the Texans game.
It's worth a look!!!

Here are a few quotes...

Williams assisted on one tackle in a quarter of play in Houston's 24-14 preseason win over the Kansas City Chiefs. Shuffled all around the defensive line, Williams looked tentative at times and was stood up on a couple of plays.

``I kind of got too excited and that made me get a little tired,'' Williams said. ``But I was not nervous at all.''

``I have a lot to learn,'' Williams said. ``I was moving up and down the ball. I'm used to just coming off the edge and it's a lot different here.''

While Williams' debut was forgettable, another Houston rookie - sixth-round draft pick Wali Lundy - had a head-turning first outing.

``I'm just happy I'm getting an opportunity to play in the NFL,'' Lundy said. ``Anything I can do to help this team...that's what I'm going to do.''

``I like how hard we played,'' Kubiak said. ``I thought we were still pretty sloppy at times.''

Houston's first team managed to move the ball well in its first game under Kubiak. David Carr was 3-for-5 for 23 yards and added 20 yards rushing in the first.

After being sacked more than 200 times in his career, Carr stayed on his feet Saturday - a prospect that excites the quarterback.
``We didn't have a sack in the game and it's been a while since we've done that here,'' Carr said. ``Keeping the quarterback clean, we're going to be able to score points.''

Nothing better than straight from the Horse's mouth!
Now let's play some football TEXANS!!!!!
36_8_1.gif

You will need to scroll down a little to see the article, once you click on the link!!!

Good to know that we have decent coaching now. Its gonna be nice to see kub and company in action. I think we can now see consistent improvement from week to week and hopefully the momentum will build and manifest in the eagles game GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!

All the negative Mario talk is getting really old. All those spouting negative comments need to re-watch the footage. They will see what was really going on.

unfortunately, there are just those that want to see the system fail, mostly Reggie and VY lovers. So hold your breath, it won't be happening.

Yeppppppppp i think it is pretty lame to diss a rookie in his first pre season game it is either the trolls or like the old oilers fans who loved warren moon when he did good and hated him when he did bad alot of those fans are still here and are now texans fans.....

Domanick_Davis_Ownz said:
Yeppppppppp i think it is pretty lame to diss a rookie in his first pre season game it is either the trolls or like the old oilers fans who loved warren moon when he did good and hated him when he did bad alot of those fans are still here and are now texans fans.....

Yep, sad but true! I think the end is near bcuz of one preseason game & the first ever pro game the rookie ever played in! Just call Mario a BUST & induct Reggie to the NFL Hall-OF Fame now! :crying: :shades:

Luv_ya_blue said:
I don't know if you guys are directing your comments to me, but I posted this article because I felt like it was A REALLY GOOD article that showed the Texans in a POSITIVE LIGHT FOR A CHANGE!

No negative MW comments in this one.
Just put that quote in the Thread Title to get attention so everyone would look.

I think texanfan4ever posted on the wrong thread last night there was lots of mario bashing going on last night by one guy in particular who was a saints fan. Your thread focuses on good things about the team and has nothing to do with mario bashing

Being realistic about evaluating Mario Williams' performance is not bashing him. He did look like a rookie being manhandled out there, but it is no big deal. He's got a lot to learn after all.

Good article, Luv ya blue. Nice to see some of the positive perspectives and what to look forward to as we enter this season.

Double Barrel said:
Being realistic about evaluating Mario Williams' performance is not bashing him. He did look like a rookie being manhandled out there, but it is no big deal. He's got a lot to learn after all.

Good article, Luv ya blue. Nice to see some of the positive perspectives and what to look forward to as we enter this season.

I think this is the area Kubiak shines in... the mental aspect. He's motivating these players to elevate their game. Physically, the players don't need anything. They know how to play. Now it's just believing they CAN play. Think about it... does anyone really think Kubiak taught Elway, Young, and Plummer HOW to play? No... it was the Cheech Marin Tin Cup move the change to your other pocket kind of thing.

Back