Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steel B's Final Mock

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1-2 Will Anderson,Edge, Alabama, star level player
1-12 Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas, star level player, can be used like McCaffrey/Deebo
2-33 Jack Campbell LB Iowa, reminds me so much of Ryan's, one of the smartest players in this draft. One of the best testers in the shuttles and 10- yd splits
3-64 Luke Wypler, Center, Ohio State, Team leader, will be a 10 year starter.
3-73 Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion, big powerful TE that's the fastest TE in this draft. Great receiver and adequate blocker. Who has the frame and ability to improve. Huge guy
4-103 Byron Young, Edge, Tennessee, fastest Edge in draft, a little undersized, but held up well in SEC against the run. Great 1st step
5-161 Jake Haener, QB, Fresno State, Smart accurate tough and experienced. Has a strong enough arm to make NFL throws, this yrs Purdy, I would trade up for him. Provides competition for Mills.
6-188 Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue Can play slot or outside. One of his biggest strengths is his stamina, he's just as fast in the 4th quarter as he is in the 1st quarter. This is a very underrated asset. Very good route runner, can KR/PR. Underrated speed, gets in and out of his breaks without losing speed.
6-201 Joey Fisher, OG, Shepherd, big tough developmental IOL. Strong and plays with a nasty demeanor. Surprisingly nimble feet. Will take time to get adjusted to speed of NFL game.
6-203 Josh Vann, WR, South Carolina, playmaker who always seems to be able to get open. Very sudden in his movements and fast. Knows how to setup CB's, Has good hands.
7-203 Alex Forsyth, Center/OG Oregon, leader, strong with good movement skills, only reason he falls this far is injury history. More IOL help, no more McCray as backup IOL.
B.J. Foster, Safety, Sam Houston State. Highly rated coming out of local highschool. Underachieved at UT and transferred to SHST. Talent is there though. Late rd flier.

Thoughts,

1-2 Will Anderson,Edge, Alabama, star level player
1-12 Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas, star level player, can be used like McCaffrey/Deebo
2-33 Jack Campbell LB Iowa, reminds me so much of Ryan's, one of the smartest players in this draft. One of the best testers in the shuttles and 10- yd splits
3-64 Luke Wypler, Center, Ohio State, Team leader, will be a 10 year starter.
3-73 Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion, big powerful TE that's the fastest TE in this draft. Great receiver and adequate blocker. Who has the frame and ability to improve. Huge guy
4-103 Byron Young, Edge, Tennessee, fastest Edge in draft, a little undersized, but held up well in SEC against the run. Great 1st step
5-161 Jake Haener, QB, Fresno State, Smart accurate tough and experienced. Has a strong enough arm to make NFL throws, this yrs Purdy, I would trade up for him. Provides competition for Mills.
6-188 Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue Can play slot or outside. One of his biggest strengths is his stamina, he's just as fast in the 4th quarter as he is in the 1st quarter. This is a very underrated asset. Very good route runner, can KR/PR. Underrated speed, gets in and out of his breaks without losing speed.
6-201 Joey Fisher, OG, Shepherd, big tough developmental IOL. Strong and plays with a nasty demeanor. Surprisingly nimble feet. Will take time to get adjusted to speed of NFL game.
6-203 Josh Vann, WR, South Carolina, playmaker who always seems to be able to get open. Very sudden in his movements and fast. Knows how to setup CB's, Has good hands.
7-203 Alex Forsyth, Center/OG Oregon, leader, strong with good movement skills, only reason he falls this far is injury history. More IOL help, no more McCray as backup IOL.
B.J. Foster, Safety, Sam Houston State. Highly rated coming out of local highschool. Underachieved at UT and transferred to SHST. Talent is there though. Late rd flier.

Thoughts,
Would be happy with this haul.
Jake Haener is a bit of a sleeper - will be following his career - as I will Clayton Tune.
WR Iosivas is another fast option.

I like the guys you took. I don't know the last four but the rest...good choices. I'd be pumped about 1.12 the most, although it's a real luxury pick.

That said, this feels more like SB's draft if, in an alternate reality, he took the GM job. I don't think it comports as well with reality. They will do something at QB in the 1st 3 picks.

All in all, good job. I'll post my 3.0 version soon, maybe later today if I have time. My final won't be until Mon-Wed.

I like the guys you took. I don't know the last four but the rest...good choices. I'd be pumped about 1.12 the most, although it's a real luxury pick.

That said, this feels more like SB's draft if, in an alternate reality, he took the GM job. I don't think it comports as well with reality. They will do something at QB in the 1st 3 picks.

All in all, good job. I'll post my 3.0 version soon, maybe later today if I have time. My final won't be until Mon-Wed.
I see Bijan as a multi use weapon. His hands are better than most WR's in this draft.

Agreed, this is what I would do.

I think they trade down from 1-2 and either end up with Anderson or Wilson and pick Hooker at 1-12. I could also see picking Levis at 1-2 and trading back up for Wilson.

Looks good to me. The only knock I have is you took 2 shorter receivers. Would you swap one of them for Puka Nakua or Andrei Iosivas?
Iosivas was a guy I considered in the 4th.

My mock adds badly needed speed to the team.

I see Bijan as a multi use weapon. His hands are better than most WR's in this draft.

Agreed, this is what I would do.

I think they trade down from 1-2 and either end up with Anderson or Wilson and pick Hooker at 1-12. I could also see picking Levis at 1-2 and trading back up for Wilson.

Definitely get the thought process on these picks. I'm coming around to Hooker as well. When I do mocks, I'm trying to predict what they will do...not necessarily what I would do. Different style. Both have merit.

Got me to thinking who does Hooker comp to 🤔
Then it came back to me, tall African American QB, big arm, nice spiral with decent accuracy, 2nd round pick and the first QB in Texan history, Tony Banks.
I’d be very happy to have a leader and high quality back-up like Hendon Hooker just not for my starter.
Pure pocket QB, slow footwork, needs premium protection, just doesn’t fit the Athletic profile of Slowick/49’er system.
Still Banks played 12 seasons his last being with Texans in 2005.

Got me to thinking who does Hooker comp to 🤔
Then it came back to me, tall African American QB, big arm, nice spiral with decent accuracy, 2nd round pick and the first QB in Texan history, Tony Banks.
I’d be very happy to have a leader and high quality back-up like Hendon Hooker just not for my starter.
Pure pocket QB, slow footwork, needs premium protection, just doesn’t fit the Athletic profile of Slowick/49’er system.
Still Banks played 12 seasons his last being with Texans in 2005.
I didn't see slow foot work. I did see a QB with good movement skills that kept his eyes down field. I know this is different than the slow foot work you're talking about.

Go back and watch some of his Virginia tape and his footwork with far less talent around him than he had at Tennessee.

I didn't see slow foot work. I did see a QB with good movement skills that kept his eyes down field. I know this is different than the slow foot work you're talking about.

Go back and watch some of his Virginia tape and his footwork with far less talent around him than he had at Tennessee.

Would you accept heavy feet? There is just not a lot of resetting, planting with fluidity and alignment matching up with target. Of course he tore his acl trying to plant and change direction, maybe cleat got stuck, but it was immediate he tore it in open space.

Great Mock Steel: it's provocative in a couple of ways but coming from you I'd be disappointed if it wasn't.
Some folks might complain about your decision to avoid a high-profile QB, but Anderson ( at the very least the best defensive player in thIs Draft) & UTs Robinson (potentially the next great NFL back) might put more butts in NRG than any QB would.
Zierlein likes Haener better than he did Purdy last year, and who am I to say because Haener might be he our Brock Purdy, so
I'd actually be pleased and excited if Demeco & Casserio used your mock as a template for their Draft in KC this week.

Great Mock Steel: it's provocative in a couple of ways but coming from you I'd be disappointed if it wasn't.
Some folks might complain about your decision to avoid a high-profile QB, but Anderson ( at the very least the best defensive player in thIs Draft) & UTs Robinson (potentially the next great NFL back) might put more butts in NRG than any QB would.
Zierlein likes Haener better than he did Purdy last year, and who am I to say because Haener might be he our Brock Purdy, so
I'd actually be pleased and excited if Demeco & Casserio used your mock as a template for their Draft in KC this week.
Don't pass on star level players and long time starters to fill needs.

Swap out Anderson for Stroud or Richardson, and I would love it. Like everything 12 and below. Anderson isn't a scheme fit IMO, and playing a season without a starting caliber QB is a no-go for me.

Robinson could carry the offense on his back, which would probably get the Texans to a record just good enough to miss out on the 2024 QBs.

As much as I like Bijan, I can't draft him early in the 1st rd any more than I could draft Green. Pierce ,Singletary, and a rookie can get you 2200 yds as a team rushing provide the defense isn't a sieve

What are you expecting to win in 2023 even with Stroud/Richardson?

6 to 8 wins probably. If the Titans lose Henry, they are spoting the Texans two wins alone. Wins aren't really as important as starting the development of a young QB. If you don't get your QB this year, then you are basically hoping you or the Browns suck enough to get one of the 2024.

6 to 8 wins probably. If the Titans lose Henry, they are spoting the Texans two wins alone. Wins aren't really as important as starting the development of a young QB. If you don't get your QB this year, then you are basically hoping you or the Browns suck enough to get one of the 2024.
I'm thinking the new coaching staff can get 5-7 wins with the new offense and improved defense. I don't want them to take a QB just because they need one. Not any year, but certainly not this year

An explosive edge defender with disruptive play qualities, Young is still in the process of learning how to play his position. His rush hands lack skill and he’s missing go-to counters, but that could be coachable for him. He creates chaos when using his twitchy first step to slant and twist but still needs to tune up the stack-and-shed technique and build out a cohesive rush approach. He will be a 25-year-old rookie with a lack of polish for his age, which could be a deterrent for some teams, but a fully fueled motor and strong desire to make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage give him a shot to become a capable pro.
I don't follow college ball like you do Steel so you've introduced me some pretty interesting prospects in your mock, especially Byron Young who IMO has Dwight Freeney written all over him as he's built along Freeney's dimensions and he's also very fast and twitchy (Young laid down a 4.43 40 which is flying for an edge rusher).
Damn would love to add this guy to our defense !

Love it! A bit nit picky but if Texans draft Anderson i’d like a bigger DE if they draft two. I hope they get at least two DL in top 104 picks. One that has size/versatility to bump inside and another designated pass rusher type like Ogbo last year. Or if they get a stud DE like Anderson, Wilson, or Murphy then add a DT that can beat out Lopez for meaningful reps and take over for Collins or Rankins next season.

Love it! A bit nit picky but if Texans draft Anderson i’d like a bigger DE if they draft two. I hope they get at least two DL in top 104 picks. One that has size/versatility to bump inside and another designated pass rusher type like Ogbo last year. Or if they get a stud DE like Anderson, Wilson, or Murphy then add a DT that can beat out Lopez for meaningful reps and take over for Collins or Rankins next season.
You're looking at drafting Wilson then at 1-2 and I wouldn't be against this. I'm looking to add speed to the team and I've drafted Bijan, Campbell,Young,Kuntz and 2 WR's that help accomplish this goal.

I like Wilson too, but his injury history worries me and Anderson is a clean medical prospect. I'm trusting that Ryans can find a way to use both Anderson and Young to their full potential. I really don't look like the dt class all that much. I would rather take a shot on a guy like Hinish or Stallworth improving. I think with them playing less snaps behind Rankins/Collins/Ridgeway they will be more effective.

You're looking at drafting Wilson then at 1-2 and I wouldn't be against this. I'm looking to add speed to the team and I've drafted Bijan, Campbell,Young,Kuntz and 2 WR's that help accomplish this goal.

I like Wilson too, but his injury history worries me and Anderson is a clean medical prospect. I'm trusting that Ryans can find a way to use both Anderson and Young to their full potential. I really don't look like the dt class all that much. I would rather take a shot on a guy like Hinish or Stallworth improving. I think with them playing less snaps behind Rankins/Collins/Ridgeway they will be more effective.
So you're going into the season with Haener,Case,and Mills?

So you're going into the season with Haener,Case,and Mills?

Yes, and I'm drafting a QB in 2024 if I dont like what I see at the QB position this yr. Let them fight it out for the starting position and let the chips fall where they may. In the meantime I've added 3 star level players and a 10 yr starter at center in this draft. Plus added the fastest TE/Edge in the draft and added a couple of fast guys to add to the WR room that are good route runners. You could do a lot worse. I'm thinking long term.

Love this draft example more than any other I have seen yet, professional or otherwise.

The key is there is a plan. I don't have to agree with individual picks or even the plan itself, but having a plan and knowledge of the team makes this a good mock.

I saw a couple of national 7 round Texans mocks that were terrible. I won't mess up this thread linking those here.

Yes, and I'm drafting a QB in 2024 if I dont like what I see at the QB position this yr. Let them fight it out for the starting position and let the chips fall where they may. In the meantime I've added 3 star level players and a 10 yr starter at center in this draft. Plus added the fastest TE/Edge in the draft and added a couple of fast guys to add to the WR room that are good route runners. You could do a lot worse. I'm thinking long term.
So, who you drafting next year at qb? Lets go ahead and assume with your 3 star players you've added, and the team is better coached and win 6 games. Who are you drafting at qb #8 or 9?

So, who you drafting next year at qb? Lets go ahead and assume with your 3 star players you've added, and the team is better coached and win 6 games. Who are you drafting at qb #8 or 9?

I'm thinking they will be picking 9th like the Panthers were and I'm going to offer what the Panthers traded to the Bears to move up to either 1-1 or 1-2 and get my QB. If that doesn't work then I'm drafting McCarthy. BTW, Vegas has them tied for worst record in the NFL with the Cards at 5.5 wins. So getting 1-1 or 1-2 is more likely than not, so they most likely wont need to make much of a trade if they need to make one at all.

Williams/Maye 1A/1B love both of them
McCarthy

I'm thinking they will be picking 9th like the Panthers were and I'm going to offer what the Panthers traded to the Bears to move up to either 1-1 or 1-2 and get my QB. If that doesn't work then I'm drafting McCarthy. BTW, Vegas has them tied for worst record in the NFL with the Cards at 5.5 wins. So getting 1-1 or 1-2 is more likely than not, so they most likely wont need to make much of a trade if they need to make one at all.

Williams/Maye 1A/1B love both of them
McCarthy
If Williams and Maye are who you think they are, there isn't enough draft capital you can offer to get up there. The only way you can get there as a team is if a team with a young qb gets injured and doesn't want to draft a qb. So basically your plan is hoping for a perfect storm? Are you prepared to go into next season with the exact same qb room? That's why you can't forecast the possibility of moving up next year not knowing who is picking at the top.You think GB is going to take your picks or tennessee and they have both qbs rated as high as you assume? What about Tampa and them shedding players and cap space?

Last edited:
At what price would the Jags have traded their pick in '21?
There wasn't one. To further spread what is posted on the board, when was the last time a qb has been succesful coming from lincoln Riley or Mack Brown system in college? That's why thinking like waiting until next year doesn't hold water. Tampa and Green Bay are in rebuild mode. If they're drafting in front of Houston, they ain't giving up that pick under any circumstances.

If Williams and Maye are who you think they are, there isn't enough draft capital you can offer to get up there. The only way you can get there as a team is if a team with a young qb gets injured and doesn't want to draft a qb. So basically your plan is hoping for a perfect storm? Are you prepared to go into next season with the exact same qb room? That's why you can't forecast the possibility of moving up next year not knowing who is picking at the top.You think GB is going to take your picks or tennessee and they have both qbs rated as high as you assume? What about Tampa and them shedding players and cap space?
If they play as though they're projected to play they will be there and there's no reason to trade. 5.5 wins.

There wasn't one. To further spread what is posted on the board, when was the last time a qb has been succesful coming from lincoln Riley or Mack Brown system in college? That's why thinking like waiting until next year doesn't hold water. Tampa and Green Bay are in rebuild mode. If they're drafting in front of Houston, they ain't giving up that pick under any circumstances.

Whoa!
Keep Mack Brown's name out of your analysis.
1682226737022.png
#2006 Rose Bowl

Whoa!
Keep Mack Brown's name out of your analysis.
View attachment 11946
#2006 Rose Bowl
Mack can coach, but more importantly he can recruit. Before UT, he was putting guys in the NFL from UNC and he's doing it again. That's my peeve with UT in that Brown should've left on his own terms, but the politics of UT forced him out and they haven't been the same. Hopefully Sark can rekindle that Dallas Cowboys feeling UT seem to embrace

If Williams and Maye are who you think they are, there isn't enough draft capital you can offer to get up there.
Does it matter? If we draft Young or Stroud this year we don't get Williams or Maye. The point is the person in question does not believe Young or Stroud is Williams or Maye.

I really don't understand this "just draft Manziel this year because he's the best in this class."

You're not drafting well if you're drafting players you don't believe in. & the guy you're talking to doesn't believe in Young or Stroud but you feel compelled to convince him to draft Young or Stroud.

Why? This is his thread, this is his mock, this is how he wants to build this team...

I understand discussion, but this ain't that.

Go back and read my post again.

If Vegas is right then there will be no need for a trade

McCarthy is the fallback option if Vegas is wrong and you're right in that they can't trade up.

Mack can coach, but more importantly he can recruit. Before UT, he was putting guys in the NFL from UNC and he's doing it again. That's my peeve with UT in that Brown should've left on his own terms, but the politics of UT forced him out and they haven't been the same. Hopefully Sark can rekindle that Dallas Cowboys feeling UT seem to embrace
The reason Mack got forced out is that the Longhorns didn't have many players getting drafted and the year he was let go they didn't have any players drafted. Mack got fat, happy, and complacent. He was signing almost the entire next year's recruiting class a week after signing day. He got lazy. Que the Longhorn trolls....

Does it matter? If we draft Young or Stroud this year we don't get Williams or Maye. The point is the person in question does not believe Young or Stroud is Williams or Maye.

I really don't understand this "just draft Manziel this year because he's the best in this class."

You're not drafting well if you're drafting players you don't believe in. & the guy you're talking to doesn't believe in Young or Stroud but you feel compelled to convince him to draft Young or Stroud.

Why? This is his thread, this is his mock, this is how he wants to build this team...

I understand discussion, but this ain't that.
Manziel is not of this qb class ilk in no form or fashion. Why you brought him up is beyond me. Steelb and have conversations about alot of things draft related. If he didn't want any comments, he wouldn't have posted it. Since he did post it, I wanted to hear his reasoning. His reasons were he doesn't like any qbs this year so he's going to use the draft capital he got from the Watson trade to move up. If Williams and Maye, which I don't believe, especially Maye is better than the top 2 prospects this year, then no teams are going to give that up. The only scenario is if a team with a young qb gets hurt and they suck again like Cincy did. So that doesn't happens, what's the plan? Coaches nor gms look at next year for players they can draft now if they have a high grade on. In 2010, when gms drafted pass rushers,wrs,or whatever, they didn't say, we will draft another position or player because Von Miller and Aldon Smith are coming out next year. I still believe they're going to draft a qb high this year. I dunno who or how high, but I refuse to believe they signed Case Keenum as their qb to battle Davis Mills for next year.

Manziel is not of this qb class ilk in no form or fashion. Why you brought him up is beyond me. Steelb and have conversations about alot of things draft related. If he didn't want any comments, he wouldn't have posted it. Since he did post it, I wanted to hear his reasoning. His reasons were he doesn't like any qbs this year so he's going to use the draft capital he got from the Watson trade to move up. If Williams and Maye, which I don't believe, especially Maye is better than the top 2 prospects this year, then no teams are going to give that up. The only scenario is if a team with a young qb gets hurt and they suck again like Cincy did. So that doesn't happens, what's the plan? Coaches nor gms look at next year for players they can draft now if they have a high grade on. In 2010, when gms drafted pass rushers,wrs,or whatever, they didn't say, we will draft another position or player because Von Miller and Aldon Smith are coming out next year. I still believe they're going to draft a qb high this year. I dunno who or how high, but I refuse to believe they signed Case Keenum as their qb to battle Davis Mills for next year.

Carolina traded up for Young/Stroud
Houston traded up for Watson
Steelers
KC traded up for Mahomes
Rams traded up for Goff
Philly traded up for Wentz

It happens.

Everyone has a price. And we have two firsts next year.

Carolina traded up for Young/Stroud
Houston traded up for Watson
Steelers
KC traded up for Mahomes
Rams traded up for Goff
Philly traded up for Wentz

It happens.

Everyone has a price. And we have two firsts next year.
Again, I never said it never happens, what I stated was there has to be a perfect storm. For some reason, none of the top 10 teams in the Watson/Mahomes draft viewed tose 2 as top qbs. Of course time was told they were. In fact Mahomes stated he thought he was going to Chicago. Carolina traded up because Chicago had Fields. If the Texans had the top pick, do you think they would've moved out of the spot this year? I can't guarantee, but apparently they probably wouldn't have. Again, its based on who grade of the oraganization. Maybe, none of the top 5 or 10 teams view Williams and Maye as high as people on this board or the draftniks. We will see. If the Texans stay where they're at and draft a qb then that means their grade on the qbs are higher than what everyone on this board thinks. Nobody is looking at next years class of qbs except us.

Manziel is not of this qb class ilk in no form or fashion. Why you brought him up is beyond me.

You're not seeing Manziel. Steelbtexan is. That's the point. You don't understand how Steelbtexan sees Manziel when you see Pat Mahomes. It's a mystery, I get that.
If he didn't want any comments, he wouldn't have posted it. Since he did post it, I wanted to hear his reasoning.

Youv been having this "conversation" for months. Makes sense in the other threads. Here it feels more like beating a dead horse. This is his opinion, in his thread. Why can't you let him have that?

Do you like his draft, or not?
If Williams and Maye, which I don't believe, especially Maye is better than the top 2 prospects this year, then no teams are going to give that up.
Asked & answered. Even before I started this discussion with you. He answered it again, explicitly since...

You don't agree. Surprise.
I still believe they're going to draft a qb high this year
Bully for you. Has nothing to do with this thread. You've expressed as much in other threads, why can't we leave those excellent opinions & arguments in those threads & allow Steelbtexan to share his opinion in this thread he started for this purpose?

Yes, this MB is about sharing our thoughts about the direction of this team. I'm not suggesting you stop sharing yours.

Am I wrong about you having shared this very same opinion in multiple other threads?

Is it imperative that Steelbtexan share your opinion before the draft?

What's the point of knocking his plan for building this team with your QB assessments? Are you afraid someone on this board isn't clear where you stand on the subject? Are you opposed to starting yet another thread where your position can be clearly stated?

PM me & I'll be happy to start one for you. I'll even add a poll.

This is a really good mock Steelbtexan one that I'd expect coming from you and all your years of experience and being a faithful Texan fan.

Will Anderson, Alabama (ties to DeMeco past) make most sense in light of current circumstances. I have no issue if this is the direction Texans go.
Bijan Robinson would be a great selection if he slides to #12. Defense/Offense is exactly what Caserio did in last years draft.
Jack Campbell is old school MLB. Sure DeMeco would love to coach him and run his defense through his leadership and work ethic.
Luke Wypler is considered one of 3 or 4 top Centers in the draft, well worth spending a 3rd round pick on.
Zack Kuntz tested off the charts with a high RAS (perfect 10.0) meaning has elite athleticism and hopefully upside next level.
Byron Young is great value in a speed to power edge rusher especially this late in the draft. Have 3rd round grade for him.
Jake Haener is going to fly off the board much earlier than this, his mental testing and ability to run a pro style offense should also bump him up to the 3rd round.
Charlie Jones is flying under the radar to last this long, proven ultra-competitive should have a longer and more successful NFL career than most drafted in front of him.
Joey Fisher, OG & WR Josh Vann, honestly know little about. Maybe you've uncovered some special sleepers who can make this roster, certainly possible?
Alex Forsyth if not for injury history would have been taken in 4th/5th round range, very experienced, battle tested and smart.
Mr. Irrelevent B.J. Foster. Highly recruited out of High School. What buzz have you heard about him?

Again, I never said it never happens, what I stated was there has to be a perfect storm. For some reason, none of the top 10 teams in the Watson/Mahomes draft viewed tose 2 as top qbs. Of course time was told they were. In fact Mahomes stated he thought he was going to Chicago. Carolina traded up because Chicago had Fields. If the Texans had the top pick, do you think they would've moved out of the spot this year? I can't guarantee, but apparently they probably wouldn't have. Again, its based on who grade of the oraganization. Maybe, none of the top 5 or 10 teams view Williams and Maye as high as people on this board or the draftniks. We will see. If the Texans stay where they're at and draft a qb then that means their grade on the qbs are higher than what everyone on this board thinks. Nobody is looking at next years class of qbs except us.

It doesn’t have to be a perfect storm. You just need to plan on opportunity and have the collateral to trade.

Every year there is a random outcome and teams drafting high that don’t need a QB. Chicago and Arizona this year. I am too lazy to look at previous years but I bet it is more likely that there is at least one team every year in the top three draft spots than not. Sometimes it’s at the first spot, sometimes at 2 sometimes at 3.

Either way I think it is more possible than what you believe. But we just have a different opinion. Which is ok.

Back