Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Steel B's Day 3 Mock

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Rd.4 Savage- BPA and BOB needs a QB.
RD.6 Smallwood- Adds much needed speed to ILB.
RD.6 Pagan - Badly needed depth at DE. Hopefully he's still there. Adds more toughness to the front 7.
RD.6 Goodson- Need a new nickel CB and Goodson has all of the skills to be really good. Speed/vert/good tackler.
RD.7 Patchan- Badly needed OL Depth
Rd.7 Gallon- Perfect Slot WR/KR/PR for BOB's offense. Upgrade over Martin.

So what do you think of Tarpinian & Mohamed? Looks like they'll still make the 53.

have a couple of these prospects in my final mock. trading up for Nicks (which was necessary to ensure they got him) costs Texans 4th & 5th rd. picks so that's one less player, still applaud that move. Guess sticking to my draft board I want Cockrell the CB out of Duke, but we'll see what happens with this QB situation that seems to cloud things up if Zach or Savage (who I had a 4th rd. grade on throughout this process) remain. Matt Patchan would be a terrific RT prospect, knarly dude has some issues both on & off field reason why he is still available this late but certainly looks the part if his head is on straight? Gallon is a terrific, hard nosed slot/retuner. noticed Chip Kelly took one of his former Ducks Josh Huff (Nimitz High School in Houston) very similar, albeit bigger version, tough, unafraid over the middle & plus return skills. After QB secondary is my biggest concern then ILB. would be nice to address those three positions w/RT/RB/DE. so if Cockrell & Savage off the board think I'd bump Smallwood to 4.35.

4.35 Smallwood, ILB, 6022 246, UCONN
6.1 D. Coleman, DE/DT, 6046 314, Cal
6.5 K. Weaning, QB, 6025 212, Ball State
6.35 B. Dixon, CB, 5114 203, NW Missouri State
7.1 K. Bibbs, RB, 5093 212, Colorado St.
Mr Irrelevant J. Gallon 5074 185, Michigan

RD.6 Pagan - Badly needed depth at DE. Hopefully he's still there. Adds more toughness to the front 7.
RD.6 Goodson- Need a new nickel CB and Goodson has all of the skills to be really good. Speed/vert/good tackler.

Nice call on Savage and Pagan!

yes SB nice work. had a feeling about Savage too when O'Brian caught his pro-day then evidently worked him out individually, basically his first contact with a QB prospect the entire draft process, meaning all ready on his radar. watched a couple game tapes, most impressed with his performance against Notre Dame.

Can't believe Smallwood or Bullough went undrafted, at least we got one of them in free agency, both have potential to make it.

Pagan never jumped out to me, of course whiffed & been disappointed with Alabama prospects before. has versatility to play 5 tech or nose, good rotation guy just don't see him as starter material, has some kind of shoulder or medical condition keeping him out of rookie & ota's.

out of this draft I'm most concerned about secondary talent, depth. expect next class to db heavy. :handshake:

yes SB nice work. had a feeling about Savage too when O'Brian caught his pro-day then evidently worked him out individually, basically his first contact with a QB prospect the entire draft process, meaning all ready on his radar. watched a couple game tapes, most impressed with his performance against Notre Dame.

Can't believe Smallwood or Bullough went undrafted, at least we got one of them in free agency, both have potential to make it.

Pagan never jumped out to me, of course whiffed & been disappointed with Alabama prospects before. has versatility to play 5 tech or nose, good rotation guy just don't see him as starter material, has some kind of shoulder or medical condition keeping him out of rookie & ota's.

out of this draft I'm most concerned about secondary talent, depth. expect next class to db heavy. :handshake:

I believe BOB had QB rankings of

1. Bortles
2A. Garappolo
2B. Savage

I look for Bullough not only to make the team but eventually become a starter. (Cushing's yearly injury)

Pagan has 1st/2nd rd talent. He doesn't have much experience but has the size/strength that you look for to hold up against double teams that 5 techs routinely face.. He is also a pretty tough guy, playing thru a serious shoulder injury. (Which shoulder did he injure?) Hopefully it's the one that will allow him to play RDE.

I had Goodsn as my nickel back, Smith chose Hal. Hal has more experience and has the same stature as Goodson. You cant go wrong with all things being equal taking a guy from Vandy.

I definitely agree with the 2015 draft being DB heavy. I also think UDFA Williams has the ability to become a starter some day. So maybe CB wont be as big of an issue as we think it will be.

Over all my view of the draft is that the Texans filled many needs that have gone too long without being filled and added much needed size/toughness that the Texans have never had. If Savage hits this will be a franchise changing type draft.

Back