Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Something positive

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I was glad to see that Cushing actually did something today and had a great game....really closest thing to someone in Beast Mode on the D today IMO from the front 7.

:kingkong:

Other than that..... :lion:

Texans at Ravens next week will be what they call in Mexico "The Donkey Show" if the Texans play like this again.

They'll need a plug for the plane ride home.

/end

I think our defense played well today. Even after Mario went out they got some pressure on Campbell and they stopped the run all game long. Allen was definitely the weak link, but he wasn't awful. Definitely not KJ bad. 8 punts by the Texans + the turnovers means the D is going to give up something eventually.

I think our defense played well today. Even after Mario went out they got some pressure on Campbell and they stopped the run all game long. Allen was definitely the weak link, but he wasn't awful. Definitely not KJ bad. 8 punts by the Texans + the turnovers means the D is going to give up something eventually.

Agreed...I'm not bitching about D...rather complimenting Cushing as a stand out. The poof lion :lion: was just about the game in general.

Walter looked good in an otherwise shitty WR corps.

Dreessen is a viable threat.

Cushing and JJ24 looked on D.

Didn't hear Casey's name much at all, did he get injured?

Apparently someone said he did in another thread....but haven't heard details.

Casey got flagged and was taken off field.
Joseph looked good more by luck (balls over thrown and WRs not making plays) than his skills. Walter looked good but how many "looks" did he get?

Cushing and Ryans played well. I would even say our defense as a whole played well. It took the Raiders a while to get their first down. Our defense so far has kept us in every game and our offense has failed to step on the gas and finish it off.

Cushing and Ryans played well. I would even say our defense as a whole played well. It took the Raiders a while to get their first down. Our defense so far has kept us in every game and our offense has failed to step on the gas and finish it off.

And thus the probloem: its the COMPLETE opposite of last year. Everyone thought wow now are finally comlete and it all starts falling apart.

I think Cushing led the team in tackles today, and it's not the first time this season. I'm too lazy to check the states right now, but he may be the overall team leader in tackles to this point of the season.:kingkong:

Jacoby Jones' contract only has $3 million guaranteed, meaning we can cut him without any dead money next year. Other than that, can't think of too much.

He's a bad route runner.

Today, I think I figured it out. He's running bad routes.

When Schaub throws it too high to him, it's maybe because Jacoby has broken off his route too early.

When you see Schaub "underthrow" Jacoby, like he did two times today where it appears the ball is thrown at JJ's feet, maybe it's because Jacoby has run the route too far down the field.

Schaub is throwing it to a spot where Jacoby SHOULD BE and Jacoby is too shallow or too deep. Everyone else is always seemingly right where they should be except for when our o-linemen are scratching their ass instead of blocking for their QB...and then it's a jailbreak for everybody.

I mean, this **** has been happening ALL SEASON long this year. Has it not?

Jacoby Jones is done here. The project has reached Solyndra levels, IMO. And hell I was even thinking this year he would really do some consistently good things for us. Nope. My bad. That's what I get for thinkin'.....

He's a bad route runner.

Today, I think I figured it out. He's running bad routes.

When Schaub throws it too high to him, it's maybe because Jacoby has broken off his route too early.

When you see Schaub "underthrow" Jacoby, like he did two times today where it appears the ball is thrown at JJ's feet, maybe it's because Jacoby has run the route too far down the field.

Schaub is throwing it to a spot where Jacoby SHOULD BE and Jacoby is too shallow or too deep. Everyone else is always seemingly right where they should be except for when our o-linemen are scratching their ass instead of blocking for their QB...and then it's a jailbreak for everybody.

I mean, this **** has been happening ALL SEASON long this year. Has it not?

Jacoby Jones is done here. The project has reached Solyndra levels, IMO. And hell I was even thinking this year he would really do some consistently good things for us. Nope. My bad. That's what I get for thinkin'.....

You and your thinkin :toropalm:

Bright side? OK.

Cushing played a helluva game. That's the best we've seen from him since his rookie season.

Jonathan Joseph continues to justify his signing. He's not Deion Sanders, but he's near the top of the next tier, and that's what we were hoping for. He's done nothing to make me think it was anything but a fantastic signing.

Demeco, while still not back to his old form, flashed a couple plays that reminded me why he's a top MLB when he's healthy. He'll get better over the course of the season, and then he and Cushing will dominate.

The defense in general did a good job. They got pretty good pressure, stopped the run, and kept the offense in the game. They also held the league's leading rusher to 59 yards.

Owen Daniels is really starting to look like the Pro Bowl version of Owen Daniels. That catch today where he came in front of the DB that thought he had it showed what attacking the ball looks like. JJ could take a lesson in that department. He blocked well also, and has been doing so all season.

Winston made a good tackle on the LB that intercepted Schaub early in the game. It's not a play you want your OL to have to make, but Winston held on and got him down.

Arian Foster went for over 100 receiving yards. When you shut him down on the ground, he'll get you in the pass game. His hamstring looks like it's holding up and he's making nice cuts the last couple weeks.

Well, it's the best I got for the offense, anyway.

The defense looks for real! They shut down the league's best rushing attack. They sacked Campbell more times in one game than he has been all season long. JoJo continues to shutdown receivers. They got 3 & outs when the team needed it the most.

For once in a long time, you can say it wasn't the defense's fault.

I was glad to see that Cushing actually did something today and had a great game....really closest thing to someone in Beast Mode on the D today IMO from the front 7.

:kingkong:

Other than that..... :lion:

Texans at Ravens next week will be what they call in Mexico "The Donkey Show" if the Texans play like this again.

They'll need a plug for the plane ride home.

/end

WTF?! He's been doing GREAT since week 1....

Back