Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Something is telling me...stadium won't be sold out this year...

texanmojo

Shotgun 30 Time
With the state of the current economy, I had been wondering if the Texans would have a sellout of the stadium again this year. Well, I am beginning to feel that we might not have a sold out stadium this year.

Normally, I have to wait until April to get the Texans to tell me if there are extra seats in my area and I have to initate the call. Each year, it seems that friends want to sit with us. To be fair, I do usually get a call in the late summer to see if I would like some extra seats. Anyway, the Texans contacted me before my payment was due to let me know this year that seats are available in my section if I want them...and to make matters worse, quite a few seats. I am also seeing quite a few people selling their season tickets on this board.

I realize that there is a lot of time between now and opening day to sell tickets, but do you think we are likely to see our 1st non-sold out stadium? What about the chance for our first blacked out home games?

Papa McNair will see to it that this is a sold out season. Corporate sponsers buy up tickets all the time and give them to clients, and/or charities. They have the big bucks, we don't!!!

probably a pretty good chance.

I was laid off from my job several months ago and have been unable to find suitable work. My LP Field tickets are up for sale. I wish to retain my licenses so my plan is to find someone who wants to buy the tickets and just let them pay the invoice and hand them the tickets. I hate that it has come to that but my wife is having a baby in June. Things will get better, but in the short term it kinda sucks.

I'm glad that I am in Chattanooga rather than Nashville so at least in the UNLIKELY event LP Field does not sell out (It will) I will at least not be subject to blackout.

Papa McNair will see to it that this is a sold out season. Corporate sponsers buy up tickets all the time and give them to clients, and/or charities. They have the big bucks, we don't!!!

you have a good point with the corporate buy out thing... but I don't know. Industry usually has big bucks but they usually don't have widespread lay-offs either. Maybe they could include Texans tickets in their severance packages. :thisbig:

I'd like to believe this but the truth of the matter is that many compaies, here in Houston included, are tightening their budgets. They might not spend as much $$$ on things like tickets.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right about Bob, but I really don't feel as optimistic.

I was laid off from my job several months ago and have been unable to find suitable work. My LP Field tickets are up for sale. I wish to retain my licenses so my plan is to find someone who wants to buy the tickets and just let them pay the invoice and hand them the tickets. I hate that it has come to that but my wife is having a baby in June. Things will get better, but in the short term it kinda sucks.

I'm glad that I am in Chattanooga rather than Nashville so at least in the UNLIKELY event LP Field does not sell out (It will) I will at least not be subject to blackout.

That sucks man. Hope you find work soon. Good luck.

Well, the Texans have opted to raise prices right when the rest of the country is opting to lower expenses. The team's reassurance that their price hikes are lower than other teams' is no consolation when you're a family operating on a realistic budget.

With the state of the current economy, I had been wondering if the Texans would have a sellout of the stadium again this year. Well, I am beginning to feel that we might not have a sold out stadium this year.

Normally, I have to wait until April to get the Texans to tell me if there are extra seats in my area and I have to initate the call. Each year, it seems that friends want to sit with us. To be fair, I do usually get a call in the late summer to see if I would like some extra seats. Anyway, the Texans contacted me before my payment was due to let me know this year that seats are available in my section if I want them...and to make matters worse, quite a few seats. I am also seeing quite a few people selling their season tickets on this board.

I realize that there is a lot of time between now and opening day to sell tickets, but do you think we are likely to see our 1st non-sold out stadium? What about the chance for our first blacked out home games?

I want to add a seat and was told where I'm sitting (547), there was nothing available.

Could we be looking at our 1st blackout?

A sign of what's to come may be how Astros tickets are selling, specifically Opening Day. Their tickets went on sale last Friday and normally, the past few years, Opening Day would be sold out within minutes. This year I had forgotten when the tickets went on sale and didn't get around to looking until the following Monday and there were still plenty of tickets available. And this is for the Cubs which usually draws big Cub crowds.

Now the Astros aren't expected to do anything this year so that's probably playing into it. Just sayin'.

I suspect this would be a good year to upgrade your seats, if you can still afford them. Luckily, thankfully, I'm in for another season.

Sign of the times for for now... I was ready to buy and be a first bonafide season ticket holder, but this economy has got me saving and just on high alert for now. So I'll do like last year and just buy those who are selling game by game each week which is still alright by me. Plus that gave me a chance to experience the game from different sections of the stadium. I'm still in the market, but the only if the price is right, meaning straight up face value.

That could be specific to just your section. I don't think Uncle Bob will let a game get blacked out and he's pretty well connected throughout Houston.

It could happen, but as good as our team has been the past few years, I think plenty of people will come and buy any single game tickets that are available before we get blacked out.

Also, if we start off by winning 3 or 4 in a row, you can bet blackouts will need not apply here.

PM me the details on your tickets. My parents may be interested depending on the location.

It's apparent to me that with team tickets continuing to go up while the economy continues to free fall, the common fan's past loyalty and support is of little interest. Even if you can get through the door, don't expect to see the price of your beer, hot dogs, popcorn and soft drinks to go for peanuts......and don't be surprised if they go UP. If the corporations do somehow buy out most of the the non-claimed tickets, the average fan will be relegated to watching their tv's on game day..........or be afforded the premium luxury of watching from the nosebleed sections. Only when the Texans higher ups and corporate entities find their wallets dwindling en par with the "common people," will the game be given back to the real fans.

It's apparent to me that with team tickets continuing to go up while the economy continues to free fall, the common fan's past loyalty and support is of little interest. Even if you can get through the door, don't expect to see the price of your beer, hot dogs, popcorn and soft drinks to go for peanuts......and don't be surprised if they go UP. If the corporations do somehow buy out most of the the non-claimed tickets, the average fan will be relegated to watching their tv's on game day..........or be afforded the premium luxury of watching from the nosebleed sections. Only when the Texans higher ups and corporate entities find their wallets dwindling en par with the "common people," will the game be given back to the real fans.

Oh God, don't tell me the fan next to me will be clutching their Prada/Fendi bag or worried their Banana Republic gear will get dirty worrying about the true fan...oh the horror!

I'm betting the Cowboys and their new stadium are in a worse situation .

Naming rights negotiations with the only interested party just broke down. The support projects that were to be in place by opening day, ie., restaurants, hotels, parking, convention center have all gone by the wayside and are not expected to be in place even by the 2011 Super Bowl.

From what I've read, about 273 of the 300 suites and 85% of the seats have been accounted for. But these numbers may be deceiving, if corporate and personal defaults occur because monies have dried up........and representation of the product(s) have not been met. For those who can manage to hang in there, they can expect to treat themselve to fine dining in such nearby hot spots as CiCi's Pizza and Panda Express.

This LINK will take you to an article which should make even Jones suddenly develop a need for a continuous supply of Maalox and Pepcid.

Naming rights negotiations with the only interested party just broke down. The support projects that were to be in place by opening day, ie., restaurants, hotels, parking, convention center have all gone by the wayside and are not expected to be in place even by the 2011 Super Bowl.

From what I've read, about 273 of the 300 suites and 85% of the seats have been accounted for. But these numbers may be deceiving, if corporate and personal defaults occur because monies have dried up........and representation of the product(s) have not been met. For those who can manage to hang in there, they can expect to treat themselve to fine dining in such nearby hot spots as CiCi's Pizza and Panda Express.

This LINK will take you to an article which should make even Jones suddenly develop a need for a continuous supply of Maalox and Pepcid.

I say relocate SB for Houston in 2011.

Having your fans pay 10% of your season ticket cost less than a month after the superbowl (weeks even!) might have a little something to do with those numbers.

The statements after the article (by the readers) seem to relay that all is not well in Jerry Land. Much like the rest of the country these days.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Six Flags was talking bankruptcy, so there is one less attraction in Arlington if that happens. Not that it was affordable to go there anyway before the economy took a crap.

Tell me about it, I had 7 psl'l last year, now I only have 2. I sold 4 and let one go back to the Texans. I also gave up 2 blue parking passes.

Actually that is part of the problem he is facing. In the current business environment with stock prices falling like rocks companies are sensitve about how they spend their money. There have been many companies who are afraid as being seen as frivolus with their money canceling sponsorship, corporate outings and cutting back on convention attendence. If things turn around somewhat by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2009 they might go ahead as planned but I have heard from several sources in companies they are not getting their usual ticket packages for the Astros and Texans in 2009.

Unfortunatley, I had to sell my PSLs this year. Im still hoping to get game by game seats, or maybe a regular season only season ticket package.

Hopefully things improve, and I can get new PSLs nexy season.

Having your fans pay 10% of your season ticket cost less than a month after the superbowl (weeks even!) might have a little something to do with those numbers.

What other time would they have to send out invoices? At least they break it down to three payments if the owner desires to pay it that way. The 10% locks in your seat, and that gives ya time to get the remaining payments together by their due dates, which is April 1st and May 1st. They have to have all payments paid in full by the end of May in order to get tickets printed, packaged, and out by the middle of July. I have no complaints about the way they ask for payments. If they wanted it all by mid Feb I would be sheeeeeet out of luck, and would be sitting at home come gameday.

The best thing the NFL could do this year is give back the money for the two exhibiton games to the season ticket holders. It is asinine to continue this stupid sham of having us pay for an inferior product.

The best thing the NFL could do this year is give back the money for the two exhibiton games to the season ticket holders. It is asinine to continue this stupid sham of having us pay for an inferior product.

Oh I wouldn't say inferior. Texans are a team that's a business as well and run a very damn good organization. Upside looks good for the team, and the increase is just business. Looks unreasonable with the way times are now, but they gotta make money too. Pre-season is just that, pre-season, game doesn't mean squat so I don't bother. When you think about it, pre-season games are the ONLY games that some folks/families get to see all season in person so I don't mind if they charge for em.

Oh I wouldn't say inferior. Texans are a team that's a business as well and run a very damn good organization. Upside looks good for the team, and the increase is just business. Looks unreasonable with the way times are now, but they gotta make money too. Pre-season is just that, pre-season, game doesn't mean squat so I don't bother. When you think about it, pre-season games are the ONLY games that some folks/families get to see all season in person so I don't mind if they charge for em.

I am talking about exhibition games being the same cost as regular season games and that season ticket holders are mandated to purchase them with the regular seaosn games. I believe you would in the minority in that line of thinking or you are not a season ticket holder.

I am talking about exhibition games being the same cost as regular season games and that season ticket holders are mandated to purchase them with the regular seaosn games. I believe you would in the minority in that line of thinking or you are not a season ticket holder.

I'm a season ticket holder now, but its still part of the business product they run, so I'll take it.

So you believe it is just as good of a product and worthy of the cost as regular season game?

I would rather the preseason games be half the price, but it is what it is and I seriously doubt the Texans are going to lower the cost. As for the product itself, yes I do believe we have a great product in town.

I would rather the preseason games be half the price, but it is what it is and I seriously doubt the Texans are going to lower the cost. As for the product itself, yes I do believe we have a great product in town.

Like I said in my first post, the NFL, not the Texans.

I didn't renew my tickets. I could have fit it into the budget if I really wanted to, but the fact that they (1)charge for preseason games, (2)charge such exorbitant prices for concessions, and (3)raised ticket prices swayed me to not renew.

I'll still buy tickets to a game or 2 and will undoubtedly get free tickets to several games, but I gave up my seats.

So you believe it is just as good of a product and worthy of the cost as regular season game?

I know I don't...reduce the cost...let families who otherwise couldn't afford to go have the opportunity to see and NFL game. Its still a good time, right?

Also...I still hope they change one of the preseason games into a regular season game...

Sorry to hear that man. It isn't so bad watching the games from home some times though. Good luck finding a new gig.

The statements after the article (by the readers) seem to relay that all is not well in Jerry Land. Much like the rest of the country these days.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Six Flags was talking bankruptcy, so there is one less attraction in Arlington if that happens. Not that it was affordable to go there anyway before the economy took a crap.[/QUOTE]

Six Flags has been talking bankruptcy. Arlington was feeling the pinch already last year. So much so that it offered ALL of its tickets for kids' entry fee. Certainly, you don't see similar response to the public by NFL teams.

A well-embedded entity with the New York Yankees told me today, Steinbrenner is seeing a worrisome pattern. A significant number of season ticket holders, who would normally be seeking to upgrade their seats from year to year, are now seeking higher (downgrade) tickets this year.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Six Flags was talking bankruptcy, so there is one less attraction in Arlington if that happens. Not that it was affordable to go there anyway before the economy took a crap.[/QUOTE]

Six Flags has been talking bankruptcy. Arlington was feeling the pinch already last year. So much so that it offered ALL of its tickets for kids' entry fee. Certainly, you don't see similar response to the public by NFL teams.

A well-embedded entity with the New York Yankees told me today, Steinbrenner is seeing a worrisome pattern. A significant number of season ticket holders, who would normally be seeking to upgrade their seats from year to year, are now seeking higher (downgrade) tickets this year.

Oh yeah, its going to be a rough ride, and getting rougher.

As much as it pains me to say it, we will not be renewing our season tickets this year. It was a fun 7 year run...would've been nice if they mixed in a winning season...but no regrets. I'm a Texans fan forever, regardless if I go to the games or not.

But the expenses of my baby girl are far more important than an entertainment diversion, no matter how passionate I feel about enjoying football. Being a dad > being a Texans fanatic.

Maybe next year things will be better and we can get tickets. Time will tell.

As much as it pains me to say it, we will not be renewing our season tickets this year. It was a fun 7 year run...would've been nice if they mixed in a winning season...but no regrets. I'm a Texans fan forever, regardless if I go to the games or not.

But the expenses of my baby girl are far more important than an entertainment diversion, no matter how passionate I feel about enjoying football. Being a dad > being a Texans fanatic.

We will miss you up in Gridiron.... Is the rest of the DC still going to represent?

Damn...all the good ones are dropping out. I understand about that baby girl...mine's 2 now. And she loves football.

We will miss you up in Gridiron.... Is the rest of the DC still going to represent?

Captain is up to his neck in bills from being laid off awhile back, so he's trying to climb out of that hole. Jungle Bob would do it, but he can't afford two seats.

We'll be back, though. Of that I have no doubt...if this economy can actually rebound and keep from crashing on us.

Damn...all the good ones are dropping out. I understand about that baby girl...mine's 2 now. And she loves football.

That's awesome, man. I can't wait to teach her about the sport we love. She doesn't really have a choice. ;)

I do plan on making it to some games, though. When they release single game tickets, we are definitely getting seats for the Titans game.

Being kind of generous with the wording with DB aren't ya??

:bubble:

Hey! :foottap:

Maybe he's talking about the Captain and Jungle!

if my wife ever tweaks a hammy and can't suit up, I'll give you a shout.

:fans:

Thanks, man! That is very kind of you. :friends: :texflag:

A season has not gone by where I have had at least one ticket to four games available in a year, due to people backing out at the last moment. Since I usually know by 7 am on Sundays I will give you a shout, hopefully it should give you enough time to make necessary preparations.

A season has not gone by where I have had at least one ticket to four games available in a year, due to people backing out at the last moment. Since I usually know by 7 am on Sundays I will give you a shout, hopefully it should give you enough time to make necessary preparations.

Thanks, KT! I will sleep with my jersey and hardhat on! :shades: :texflag:

Back