Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Some team should hire Merril Hodge as a talent evaluator

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Impressive. Man that was a bold prediction. I vaguely remember watching that too and thinking he was an *****. I thought Cutler would be another Kyle Boller, a guy that is picked way too high simply for his arm strength. I didn't think Young would amount to anything as no run first pass second QBs really accomplish much once the D figures them out. As far as Leinart, I thought he was guaranteed to be a star. Boy was I wrong.

Rep your way, but I must spread rep. That was an incredible prediction by Hodge. The same goes for Michael Smith when he was the ONLY one predicting that Mario would turn into Super Mario.

And Salisbury Steak puts his hand on Hodge's forehead as a way to say Hodge is feverish.

Salisbury Steak is right up there with Al Maguire in terms of TV commentators I dislike the most.

The worst of them all is that dingo sitting on the left of the screen.

Trey Wingo is hands down the least knowledgeable person ESPN has ever forced onto the NFL Live set.

Trey Wingo is hands down the least knowledgeable person ESPN has ever forced onto the NFL Live set.

And his subtle east coast accent is as obnoxious as Jim Rome's speech impediment. Each makes me envy the deaf.

I've heard Rome off and on since the late 90s. Not a huge fan but don't hate him either. I was a radio/TV/Film major in college, and I've taken several speech and public speaking classes. I've never detected a speech impediment from him. What is it?

I've heard Rome off and on since the late 90s. Not a huge fan but don't hate him either. I was a radio/TV/Film major in college, and I've taken several speech and public speaking classes. I've never detected a speech impediment from him. What is it?

I guess its not so much an impediment as much as his R's are greasy and overemphasized. You can hear it highlighted if you've ever heard Adam Clanton do his Rome Previews on his radio show. I just get annoyed by greasy analysts like Dingo and Rome.

I guess its not so much an impediment as much as his R's are greasy and overemphasized. You can hear it highlighted if you've ever heard Adam Clanton do his Rome Previews on his radio show. I just get annoyed by greasy analysts like Dingo and Rome.

That is done on purpose by Rome. Met him when MMP opened and he did his show from their and me and a couple buddies (a friend I miss dearly) got back stage passes. when I got my Broadcast Journalism degree certain patterns were gone over and the Howard stern era was just getting off and the speech talk was analyzed which is what Rome has.

The only guy that is in the know as far as NFL goes is Micheal Smith. In college I do not think ESPN has a single objective person, and this includes Lou Holtz who I like cause of ND.

If you search this board you will find a thread on Hodge and how stupid he is and was regarding this. I know there was at the very least one thread about it.

Yes, Hodge got that right, but remember Matt Millen was hired based on what he did on television...just saying.

He's the love child of Cris Collinsworth and Keith Olberman (sp?).

I think you might be right. Wingo is pretty hard to stomach.

Try playing the NFL Tour video game, which he narrates.

Back