Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Some off record comments from Gaffney about Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis007 said:
It wouldn't be smart of Gaffney to let some random people know his true feelings esp about his QB, hello????- a la TO- The Eagles Soap Opera

I beg to differ. I think you would find that many of the players are regular people, and they talk to their neighbors about work just like anyone else. It's not like you run into them at the mailbox one day and they blurt out what they think. I imagine they build up a certain level of trust over time - just like real people.

If it was me, I wouldn't say the player's name if I posted something I heard from one of them; I wouldn't post any identifying specifics either. Of course that anonymity gives people ammo to call you a liar, but what the heck would you care - you talked to the source!

MorKnolle said:
From what you see, which doesn't necessarily mean much since there is so much that goes on that normal fans don't know about. I see as much on the sidelines that implies the team likes him as I see stuff that implies they don't like him, so I don't know where this notion of "everyone hates Carr" started, and if this comment did indeed come from Gaffney I would trust what he says, and I tend to agree with it.

And so basically from what you see means as much as chicken crap from your own admission.

When you can say I heard if from JG , then talk to me, other than that the grapevine talk doesn't hold squat.

Runner said:
I beg to differ. I think you would find that many of the players are regular people, and they talk to their neighbors about work just like anyone else. It's not like you run into them at the mailbox one day and they blurt out what they think. I imagine they build up a certain level of trust over time - just like real people.

If it was me, I wouldn't say the player's name if I posted something I heard from one of them; I wouldn't post any identifying specifics either. Of course that anonymity gives people ammo to call you a liar, but what the heck would you care - you talked to the source!

I beg to differ. Family , yea ok, but neighbors? I'm not saying there won't be a convo about the team but for WR to just blow off his TRUE opinions in the mall to a neighbor he no longer lives next to, I don't think so..esp the "franchise" QB, um not very likely.

Dennis007 said:
I beg to differ. Family , yea ok, but neighbors? I'm not saying there won't be a convo about the team but for WR to just blow off his TRUE opinions in the mall to a neighbor he no longer lives next to, I don't think so..esp the "franchise" QB, um not very likely.

Thanks - that post made by day.

Would you have believed the story if somebody said he knows a player and that player told him Carr should be replaced?

Dennis007 said:
And so basically from what you see means as much as chicken crap from your own admission.

When you can say I heard if from JG , then talk to me, other than that the grapevine talk doesn't hold squat.

Would that make you feel better if I said I had heard from Gaff too? Would that finally qualify my opinions in your mind considering you haven't talked to him either but yet your opinion/observations are better than mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back