Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Some mindless drivel for y'all today.

drewmar74

disgruntled
Putting off some stuff at work that I don't want to do and found these two tidbits that at least reference us.

Per Adam Schein (link at bottom of post):

Tampa should deal Chris Simms ... now!

Ok, so Simms shouldn't have said he felt like Jon Gruden is holding him hostage, not with the money he's making and troops overseas.

But Simms' point happens to be correct.

Jon Gruden values him as the fifth quarterback on the roster.

Something would have to happen to Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown and Gruden's old favorite, Brian Griese, for Simms to even be reconsidered for the starting job. And with Gruden foaming at the mouth over youngster Josh Johnson, Simms really is a nonentity.

There is no way you can get equal value for Simms. When he's healthy, he can be a top 32 quarterback. But he has endured a lot of physical, mental and emotional pain over the last two years in Tampa.

It's not worth keeping a player on the team who the coach doesn't believe in anymore and whose situation has become an omnipresent distraction. It's amazing to think how different folks in Tampa would think of Simms if Edell Sheppard held onto a potential touchdown pass a few years ago versus Washington.

Deal him for a late-round pick and end it. Seattle, Houston, Miami, Oakland and the Giants could have interest.

Buffalo needs a veteran, backup running back

With a potential suspension hanging over Marshawn Lynch's head, Fred Jackson would be the starting running back in lovely Western New York. While the Coe College product performed adeptly when Lynch was hurt last season, Dick Jauron needs someone who's been through the battles before.

Buffalo doesn't need to get a big-time player or time. Think someone like Ron Dayne, who proved to be a super sub in Houston last season and is currently unsigned.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8277036/Nine-offseason-moves-that-must-be-made

Dayne to Buffalo makes sense (if I'm Jason Peters, I'm cringing) but Simms to Houston? Wha? Huh?

:um: Simms??? Don't see that happening. As far as Dayne, I thought for the most part he did what was asked of him... A super sub?? Not sure about that...

*thanks God that HOU-TEX is in Hawaii and not reading this*

I could see Simms coming here if it facilitated a trade of Sage. However, we would have to get a whole lot for him if it meant losing a very capable back up who knows the system for a guy who has to learn the entire playbook from day 1.

...I don't see it happening personally.

Back