Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

So far, the year is a disappointment

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
In your heart of hearts you know that. We beat the Chiefs, but that was really a bit of a fluke - be honest. The team really competed in the 4th quarter and pulled the game out. But we got some breaks (to say the least),
so we could hang in there for the second half. At the very least, we should
have split with SD & Detroit. That's the big rub because the disappointmet is, I don't think were quite as good this year as I thought we would be - we aren't progressing at the rate some said we were. No problem - just gonna take a little longer for this team to get where we all want it to be. Gonna take
another draft (or 2) to get there.

That's just the story of the NFL, you win some you should lose, and you lose some you should win. Besides it's not how you start, it's how you finish. 13 more to go.

it sure would help if we made this the loudest stadium the raiders have ever been in. HA like our club level people would help in that effort

Yes and No.

Disappointing that we arent on our way to a 16 win season.. yah ok.. but honestly im not disappointed yet.

If you would have asked me on a sunday after we lost.. yah i was disappointed as hell.. but thats usually how it goes.. now that I have had time to simmer down and look at things, really we arent in a bad position.

We hit our stride around mid season.. that is when we start to play like we are really capable of. Every team is like that. In the past.. we have played bad at first.. and played pretty good in the mid to late season, losing alot of close games.

This year.. what will make or break the season for me is whether or not we pull those close games out this year. Already we have started this season stronger than any past season.. Our wins may not show it.. but those first two weeks we were really playing well. What I will be looking for is consistency and even better statistics.. id like to see us be ahead in the first quarter and stay well ahead all the way through the game. Id really like to see us have our first blowout. All in all.. id just be happy if we come away with a better record than last year, and we win those close games.

really though.. even if we end 4-12 or 5-11 again.. it may be hard to watch, but we would end up with a good draft pick and that is actually pretty important for us right now.. its obvious that we are not yet a top tier team.. we are still missing some peices.. and we need some good drafts to get there.

It hasn't been a disappointment. Just because a team loses to a team they should beat doesn't mean the season is going down the drain. Besides...like someone said earlier- 13 more games to go...including the Raiders.

I can't call this season a disappointment at the 3 game mark. It's a slower than expected start, nothing more. If the team finishes strong and they take out the Titans at least once then that''s a good season. It's not a great season but it'll do for our 3rd year. I expect to see a lot of the youngsters really grow up this year and start to display some of the potential we've been talking about. If Capers has them winning by the end of the year (even if they're out of it by that time) then that's going to be the basis for where we start in 2005.

We are 3 games into the season. A little early to say the season is a disappointment. Take away half of our turnovers and we could be 3-0 right now and people would be posting how awesome we are.

The game this weekend will not be a pushover. The Raiders are improved and I may be the only person besides Al Davis that thinks this but I like the hiring of Norv Turner. I think he'll take them back to the playoffs, if not this year, the next.

The Texans need to play good, error-free ball to win. I'm expecting a real good game.

Actually, the Raiders are probably going to beat us. In my opinion they probably "should" beat us. I think they're overall probably a better team with a little more consistency than the Texans have, better talent at some postions, and just generally they're more established in what they're doing. That doesn't mean they will beat the Texans though. The Texans CAN win this game. The only question left is will they step it up and rise to 2-2.

And I don't think that there's any way in the world that the Texans should be 3-0 right now. The intensity that they showed in the 4th quarter of the K.C. game was a direct result of the way the season began (0-2). If the Texans had walked into Arrowhead with a 2-0 record to play against an 0-2 Chiefs team with it's back against the wall I believe that the Chiefs would have won that game. The Texans had their back against the wall in that game.

nunusguy said:
In your heart of hearts you know that. We beat the Chiefs, but that was really a bit of a fluke - be honest. The team really competed in the 4th quarter and pulled the game out. But we got some breaks (to say the least),
so we could hang in there for the second half. At the very least, we should
have split with SD & Detroit. That's the big rub because the disappointmet is, I don't think were quite as good this year as I thought we would be - we aren't progressing at the rate some said we were. No problem - just gonna take a little longer for this team to get where we all want it to be. Gonna take
another draft (or 2) to get there.

Bah! Humbug!

Hervoyel said:
Actually, the Raiders are probably going to beat us. In my opinion they probably "should" beat us. I think they're overall probably a better team with a little more consistency than the Texans have, better talent at some postions, and just generally they're more established in what they're doing. That doesn't mean they will beat the Texans though. The Texans CAN win this game. The only question left is will they step it up and rise to 2-2.

And I don't think that there's any way in the world that the Texans should be 3-0 right now. The intensity that they showed in the 4th quarter of the K.C. game was a direct result of the way the season began (0-2). If the Texans had walked into Arrowhead with a 2-0 record to play against an 0-2 Chiefs team with it's back against the wall I believe that the Chiefs would have won that game. The Texans had their back against the wall in that game.

I agree with Hervoyel as far as the Raiders game. I think the Raiders are a team that probably should beat the Texans at this point, they have alot of talent and I think Kerry Collins will do very well with their passing attack. Their defense is solid and they have the ability to do alot of things with their offense. However, it's a home game for the Texans and if they could just put up a consistent game and play to their optimum level for 4 quarters, we could take the win.

Also, I think we probably lost the two games we should have won, and won the game we should have lost so far. Kind of strange, but could haves and should haves don't count for anything in this league.

Didn't Kerry Collins play with the Giants when they played at Reliant?

He certainly looks like an important pickup for the Raiders right about now.

Yeah he did play with the Giants when they played at Reliant. He threw a couple of interceptions, and I think Foreman caught the INT that clinched the victory for the Texans.

key words-SO FAR- yeah its a big dissapointment SO FAR being 1-2. Now if the Texans win tomorrow against the Raiders and the record is 2-2, that would be so satisfying :thumbup

Its difficult to express the feeling when the Texans keep losing games they should win at home or failing to win back to back, especially when you pay the big bucks for tickets, set-up @ the tailgate, more cold beverages & food inside, Texan gear etc......not to mention your heart & soul. All good things come to those who are patient, which I think all true Texans are willing to do, I have confidence in the the organization the players & the fans that we can do better than we have SO FAR

texansfan88 said:
it sure would help if we made this the loudest stadium the raiders have ever been in. HA like our club level people would help in that effort

I'll put the Club level section I am in against any other section in the stadium....frickin' loud dude....you ought to change to another section or come by ours! You don't have a clue about what you talkin' about!!

Back