Snippet on Duane Brown

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Jackie Chiles, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Pretty cool quote from PFW about Duane Brown:

“The most physically gifted (offensive) lineman in the draft was (Carl) Nicks. There is no doubt in my mind. If he straightens out, he will be a Pro Bowler as long as he wants to be. And I’ve heard he is moving people for (the Saints) when he lines up with the ones. Then I would have said the next was (Texans OL) Duane Brown. He has more substance to him than a lot of people gave him credit for. I was hoping he would fall to us.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2008/audibles2309.htm

For those that don't want to read the other stuff in the article the quote about Brown is from a scout/coach/some font office personnel speaking on the condition of anonymity.

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

08 will be remembered around draft tables as year of the tackle. despite early injurys to Chris Williams & Branden Albert the first overall pick, Jake Long, has established himself anchoring the Dolphins line revitalizing Ricky Williams career, Clady is starting LT for the Broncos, Gosder Cherilus has replaced George Foster @ RT for Detroit & could swing to LT, Jeff Otah well he was mentioned here
    Sam Baker has also done a good job landing a starting LT spot, then of course Duane Brown starting LT for your Houston Texans. thats a total of 8 first rd, tackles drafted a record for one draft.