Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Since the schedule has been released....

So when is the Battle Red jersey?

There's alot of stuff going on with that MNF game. Old Oilers, The Oil Derrik will in some way be present, Bruce Matthews will be there. Could some demons be excercised for us in that game?

I can just about guarantee there will be demons "exercising" on this board if nowhere else.

I'll throw my hat in the ring:
Jets W - Too many new parts for the Jets. We'll get them before they get a chance to fully gel.
@Titans L - The did win the divison last year
Jags W - Rebuilding year for them, I don't see them being that good.
Raiders W - Vengeance for last year
@Arizona L - We have a chance but I'll play it safe
@Bengals W - They get Carson back but no TJ and there are rumors about Ocho Cinco being traded
49ers W - At home and this team is not that good
@Buffalo W - Could be tight but I think we pull out a close win here
@Indy L
Titans (MNF) W - We seem to play our best in primetime plus it's at home
Colts W -Split
@Jaguars L - Maybe too conservative but I'll say split for now even though we should win
Seahawks W - Another close one but I don't believe in Hasselbeck anymore
@ Rams W - We better not lose this one
@ Dolphins W - We always seem to win against the dolphins
Patriots L - We have a chance but they're the favorites against us no doubt

I have us at 11-5 going 3-3 in the division. The AFC East and NFC West just don't scare me. We have a legitimate shot at 10 wins and we should be in the playoffs this year.

Mercy!
Who ARE you people? :hmmm:
And what did you do with my regular message board friends??

I haven't seen this much optimism since I last watched PollyAnna
pollyanna-poster3.jpg

whaddabuncha :homer:s
:D

Last edited:
Jets W
@Titans L
Jags W
Raiders L
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy L
Titans W
Colts L
@Jaguars W
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L
Patriots W

9-7

Mercy!
Who ARE you people? :hmmm:
And what did you do with my regular message board friends??

I haven't seen this much optimism since I last watched PollyAnna
pollyanna-poster3.jpg

whaddabuncha :homers:

Well, there was a lot of optimism last year at this time. The start of the season immediately ended some of that with a harsh dose of reality.

This coming season should be one of no excuses though. The schedule isn't "too hard" like the first few games last year. If Schaub gets hurt for any length of time well, who didn't see that coming?

No excuses.

So now that we've all looked at the Ws and Ls, let's start picking which games will not be televised in Austin because Dallas plays on the same channel.

First one I see is that 49ers game.

I'm going to take a macro view of the schedule. It is easier than last year. I think taking this "degree of difficulty" into account should give the Texans a base record of at least 9-7 and probably 10-6 if all else stays the same.

Given that, anything less than 11-5 is showing no improvement against the league. 8-8 would be a big step back.

I'll say 8-8 is a distinct possibility.
Anywhere between 6-10 to 11-5

The schedule is not easy as it looks.

Quite a few of those teams suffered a lot of injuries/mishaps last year.
Some of them have already bolster their depth in the off-season.
Some will add a few pieces through the draft.

The Rams, the Seahawks, the Bengals, the Raiders, the Jags, the Niners, the Bills, the Jets should all be better.

The Colts, the Titans, the Dolphins, the Cards, and the Pats will move along.

Well, there was a lot of optimism last year at this time. The start of the season immediately ended some of that with a harsh dose of reality.

This coming season should be one of no excuses though. The schedule isn't "too hard" like the first few games last year. If Schaub gets hurt for any length of time well, who didn't see that coming?

No excuses.

Okay. I say 11-5.
yeah, I'm a :homer: too.
Breakdown follows.....

9/13 - vs. Jets --- Win. ...because I'm posting this NFL.com headline in our locker room...
Jets: Ryan's squad faces favorable schedule
New coach Rex Ryan's first Jets schedule is book-ended by games against the Texans and Bengals, and New York has its share of breaks in between. A late bye in Week 9 should help for a better performance down the stretch.
...WTF? what are we, chopped liver? We win. ...just to P.O. the East Coast media.

9/20 - @ Titans --- Loss. ...because they're at home and coming off a semi-bye; remember their opening game was on Thursday.
9/27 vs. Jags --- Win. ...We're pretty good at home and we seem to have the Jags' number.
10/4 vs. Raiders --- Win. ...gotta have this one if we're serious about a playoff run.
10/11 @ Cards --- Loss. They're pretty damned good at home. Unless things have changed, we suck on the road. I'll believe that when I see it.
10/18 @ Bengals --- Win. We have to win sommmme road games. This is one of them.
10/25 vs. 49ers --- Win. Tough call. They're coming off a bye and Samurai Mike should have them playing tough. But we're at home and their QB is still suspect. I think we win.
11/1 @ Bills --- Win. T.O. has started whinning and yelling at Trent Edwards by now. We win as they self-destruct. :D
11/8 @ Colts --- Loss. This is their end of a home & home split.
11/23 vs. Titans --- Win. Because we're at home, in Battle Red, playing on Monday nite. ...did I mention we're coming off of a bye week?
11/29 vs. Colts --- Win. Our turn in the home & home split.
12/6 @ Jags --- Win. W/O Fred Taylor, MJD is banged up by now so their play-action won't work. We win in going away. Jags fans will point to this loss as the one that gets Jack Del Rio fired.
12/13 vs. Seahawks --- Win. New coach, they're still rebuilding, and we're glad to be back home.
12/20 @ St. Louis --- Loss. Although we should win this one, we're on the road. This sure smells like a "trap game" to me.
12/27 @ Miami --- Win. Somehow, some way, we've always beaten them. I see no reason for that to change. Plus we're rebounding from that trap game.
1/03 vs. Patriots --- Loss. They've already clinched the AFC East ...like a month ago. We're tied with the Colts for the division lead. For all intents and purposes, this is our first playoff game since we're playing for home field. Our post-season inexperience shows against Brady & co.

there comes a point in time where we can not settle for 3-3 in our divison

I say we are going to sweep 1 of them if not 2

and go 5-1 in our divison

1 Sep 13 NYJ @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - W- Tough first game for new jets coach

2 Sep 20 HOU @ TEN LP Field 1:00 PM CBS -L- Tenn wins at home

3 Sep 27 JAC @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - W- Battle Red day..

4 Oct 04 OAK @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM CBS -W- Raiders are a mess and the Texans owe them an arse kickin'

5 Oct 11 HOU @ ARI U. of Phoenix Stadium 4:15 PM CBS - L- I am iffy on this. I think the Cards are beatable

6 Oct 18 HOU @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - L- Another one gets away on the road

7 Oct 25 SF @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM FOX - W- Win at home

8 Nov 01 HOU @ BUF Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - W- They seem to pull these type of games out somehow

9 Nov 08 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 1:00 PM CBS -L- Close but no cigar

11 Nov 23 TEN @ HOU Reliant Stadium 8:30 PM ESPN -W- Monday night Battle Red

12 Nov 29 IND @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - W- No Rosencopter to bail out #18

13 Dec 06 HOU @ JAC Jacksonville Municipal Stadium 1:00 PM CBS - W- J'ville seems to be good every other year though

14 Dec 13 SEA @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM FOX - W- Long trip for the birds

15 Dec 20 HOU @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM CBS - W- The better team grinds one out

16 Dec 27 HOU @ MIA Dolphin Stadium 1:00 PM CBS -L- Dolphins will be ready and owe the Texans one

17 Jan 03 NE @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM CBS -W - to gain some steam and NE has a spot already locked up. Brady sits in the 2nd half.

My guess was 10-6 but as I break it down I can see 11-5.

How about a prediction thread?:whip:

Jets W
@Titans L
Jags W
Raiders W
@Arizona L
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo L
@Indy W(first win in Indy, we're due)
Titans W
Colts W
@Jaguars L
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ Dolphins L(we're due to lose against the Dolphins)
Patriots L

10-6 record

3179_86776140989_710275989_2351525_688799_n.jpg

11-5 ...i think we get Jax both times this year..

Jets W
@Titans W
Jags W
Raiders W
@ArizonaW
@Bengals W
49ers W
@Buffalo W
@Indy W
Titans W
Colts L
@Jaguars W
Seahawks W
@ Rams W
@ DolphinsW
Patriots W

Polo, have you been hitting the mushrooms?

Back