Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Should we really get our hopes up for somebody?

Ryan

THIS YEAR
After last yr i completely refuse to do it. I got all hyped up and all tingly inside about the fact that reggie bush would be wearing a texans uniform..but while eating at a restaurant the night before the draft and glancing up on a television screen that says "Texans Sign Mario Williams", it really depressed me. But do you think this year we should get our hopes up for a player if our staff will just shatter our dreams again?

It's different this year. Last year we had a choice of players we could choose, knowing they would all be available. Chances are we won't get the number 1 pick this season, so we can only guess which players will be available when we draft.

It is almost a better position to be in. We won't receive as much heat about who we select (unless we somehow screw it up real bad) and their won't be much pressure to select one player over another.

Hopefully this year we can focus on our weak positions and help them by inserting talented and smart young players.

A long time ago in what seems another lifetime a teacher once showed my class a picture of a glass, half full of water. He asked "Is the glass half full or half empty?"

I said "Neither. It's completely full. Half full of water and half full of air".

I'm naturally optimistic. I see no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.

Last year's draft is over, done, kaput.

Try to look at the future on its own merit. Where hope springs eternal, all things are possible.

If you love the NFL Draft (like I do) & you have a team to root for (Texans) this is a rite of spring every year, you always get your hopes up. Sometimes there is a player who you really think the Texans should pick, maybe someone locally you watched develop & grow into a star (like someone we all know) or a player you watch on TV win National Championships or Heisman Trophys & think to yourself, gee I wish the Texans pick him his package is huge that is the thrill of being a fan in Vincetory & Defeat. Last time I checked there is going to be another NFL Draft and more outstanding prospects one of which if the Texans had scored a perfect hit with the last time around would not be available when the Texans try again, I'm prepared for that too, I think :hides:

If you love the NFL Draft (like I do) & you have a team to root for (Texans) this is a rite of spring every year, you always get your hopes up. Sometimes there is a player who you really think the Texans should pick, maybe someone locally you watched develop & grow into a star (like someone we all know) or a player you watch on TV win National Championships or Heisman Trophys & think to yourself, gee I wish the Texans pick him his package is huge that is the thrill of being a fan in Vincetory & Defeat. Last time I checked there is going to be another NFL Draft and more outstanding prospects one of which if the Texans had scored a perfect hit with the last time around would not be available when the Texans try again, I'm prepared for that too, I think :hides:

I'm a draft junkie and honestly enjoy watching players I follwed in college sucede more than I do just watching the NFL. I love to see youth preform well and know that I knew them before most Monday morning GM/HCs

I'm a draft junkie and honestly enjoy watching players I follwed in college sucede more than I do just watching the NFL. I love to see youth preform well and know that I knew them before most Monday morning GM/HCs

your love of the draft shows with your convictions and devoution to the process. Like you said if your serious about the draft you can learn so much about the future stars of the NFL & not only does it add a layer of satisfaction but respect as well :shades:

If we pass on an available Adrian Peterson...we will be the Bengals (Bungals) reincarnated

I agree, if he is available with our pick and we pass over him, I would have to take 2 valiums to get over it...

But I love the draft as much as watching actual football games. My wife and kids don't understand why and sometimes I don't either. But I like to hear Mel Kiper allot. Sometimes he is full of it and sometimes he sounds very smart. I think Kiper helps make the draft.

I also like to sit back and when a team reaches on a player, ask myself, what the heck are they thinking. For example, Dallas picking Carpenter with there first pick instead of a handful of other players available such as D Ryans...

The draft is very entertaining to me.

So right now, I am and will be on the Adrian Peterson bandwagon and no one can knock me off of it unless another team grabs him before we pick...

ESPECIALLY after peterson sat out this season. we need a stud rb.

He may have sat out half the season this year, but we will get to see him in there bowl game before he decides to go pro or stay another year at Oklahoma...

Maybe that 1 bowl game will either make a believer out of allot of people or show us he is not worthy... Time will tell...

I don't think there would be much fall-off between AP vs MB other than one would get paid alot more than the other & require the Texans 1st pick vs 2nd rd. pick :shades:

After last yr i completely refuse to do it. I got all hyped up and all tingly inside about the fact that reggie bush would be wearing a texans uniform..but while eating at a restaurant the night before the draft and glancing up on a television screen that says "Texans Sign Mario Williams", it really depressed me. But do you think this year we should get our hopes up for a player if our staff will just shatter our dreams again?

Im new to this, and Im a pretty big Texans fan... and feel the same as everyone about David Carr... I too was thinking that maybe we should draft Brady Q. from Notre Dame... but then got to thinking... maybe not.... he doesnt have a tight spiral... and has not really done anything to impress me. Now... moving on Im looking at Jarmarcus Russell from LSU... 6foot 6 really good QB... Looks like he ll go a long ways in the NFL. What do you think?

Im new to this, and Im a pretty big Texans fan... and feel the same as everyone about David Carr... I too was thinking that maybe we should draft Brady Q. from Notre Dame... but then got to thinking... maybe not.... he doesnt have a tight spiral... and has not really done anything to impress me. Now... moving on Im looking at Jarmarcus Russell from LSU... 6foot 6 really good QB... Looks like he ll go a long ways in the NFL. What do you think?

I think your right but he is still a Junior so he would have to announce his intentions to leave LSU early. the deadline is Jan 15th.

However would the Texans be big enough to admit they made a mistake by passing on Vince Young? which is what they would be doing by taking Russell (if he declarers) :marionaner:

I really believe he will declare himself available for the draft...Unless he feels the burden of trying to bring a championship back to LSU... and no the Texans will not admit they screwed up passing up Vince and Reggie.

We shouldnt becuase we dont even know where we're picking and whats going on with our activity in FA. What we should be doing is looking at every single reasonable possibility. Then, once FA comes around along with the combine, we should start eliminating the possibilities that doesnt seem reasonable anymore and start narrowing down our ideas. I've been pushing for Landry lately, but I also know that Peterson, Thomas, Russell, Branch, and Hall are all chances and haven't ruled any out. Until we show our true actions and opinions this offseason, its hard to rule any one situation out yet.

So, If Russell comes out, where will he be drafted? I just don't see him making the 1st round (who knows with the combine though). If he slid to the second, I could see us getting him. AP with the first (I would like Joe Thomas also) and Russell with the second. We will need a vet. for him to sit behind for 1 year at least. Keep Carr for one more year to reduce the cap hit or get someone like a Plummer???? What to do.

So, If Russell comes out, where will he be drafted? I just don't see him making the 1st round (who knows with the combine though). If he slid to the second, I could see us getting him. AP with the first (I would like Joe Thomas also) and Russell with the second. We will need a vet. for him to sit behind for 1 year at least. Keep Carr for one more year to reduce the cap hit or get someone like a Plummer???? What to do.

From many of the mocks I've seen recently, Russell is not just a first round QB, but the second one taken, and depending on bowls and combine results, could actually challenge Quinn for the top spot overall. I've read he's the Daunte Culpepper type and pretty ready to go at the next level.

From many of the mocks I've seen recently, Russell is not just a first round QB, but the second one taken, and depending on bowls and combine results, could actually challenge Quinn for the top spot overall. I've read he's the Daunte Culpepper type and pretty ready to go at the next level.

Can you point me to some draft analysis stuff about him? He seems to have the raw tools, but the emphasis should be on the raw from what I understand.

He may have sat out half the season this year, but we will get to see him in there bowl game before he decides to go pro or stay another year at Oklahoma...

Maybe that 1 bowl game will either make a believer out of allot of people or show us he is not worthy... Time will tell...

AP will not pull off a leinart and stay in college for another season..leinart lost a lot of money because of it

Back