Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sergio Kindle cut by BAL

Everyone knows about the fractured skull and the DUI, but now health is no longer a concern and Kindle has reported to the Ravens facility in Owings Mills after “training his tail off” this winter.
Mink reports that Kindle suffered a loss of hearing as a result of his fall down two flights of stairs. ”It is an issue,” Kindle said.
BR.com reported back in January that Kindle struggled to learn the Ravens playbook in 2011, which kept him off the field most of the season

Link to entire article: http://baltimoresportsreport.com/le...y-thing-holding-sergio-kindle-back-27249.html

Everyone knows about the fractured skull and the DUI, but now health is no longer a concern and Kindle has reported to the Ravens facility in Owings Mills after “training his tail off” this winter.
Mink reports that Kindle suffered a loss of hearing as a result of his fall down two flights of stairs. ”It is an issue,” Kindle said.
BR.com reported back in January that Kindle struggled to learn the Ravens playbook in 2011, which kept him off the field most of the season

Link to entire article: http://baltimoresportsreport.com/le...y-thing-holding-sergio-kindle-back-27249.html

Wade Phillips has no issue with hearing loss. He is the only man in the NFL who has started a player with hearing loss and he has done it twice. First was Kenny Walker on the Broncos and now Connor Barwin with the Texans.

Wade Phillips has no issue with hearing loss. He is the only man in the NFL who has started a player with hearing loss and he has done it twice. First was Kenny Walker on the Broncos and now Connor Barwin with the Texans.
Kindle addresses this in the article saying once he knows the plays it should not impact his play.

IMO picking him up could be one of those low risk, high reward transactions that someone is going to roll the dice on.

I'd be a fan of dropping someone off the bottom of the roster now to see if he could catch on and the FO can head off taking an OLB in the draft next year.

IMO picking him up could be one of those low risk, high reward transactions that someone is going to roll the dice on.

I'd be a fan of dropping someone off the bottom of the roster now to see if he could catch on and the FO can head off taking an OLB in the draft next year.

No go. He's damaged goods. Bobby McBillionaire don't roll with thugs.

What makes you call him a thug?

I can see people saying maybe he's not able to digest a playbook or still have concerns about his injury... but a thug?

DUI and a reputation for being very social on the club scene including toking on the reefer. I deduced that in Bobby McBillionaire's eyes, he'd be a thug. I should have called him a party animal instead. Sorry for any confusion.

Personally, I'd love to give him a shot.

Championship teams have depth. And if we can roll into the playoffs with a rotation of Barwin, Reed, Kindle, Mercilus at OLB, I'd definitely take that.

Does he have to clear waivers first? I don't know how the process works.
Being in the league for less than 4 full seasons, Kindle will pass through waivers with all 31 teams having a chance to claim his contract. The Texans will have the penultimate waiver wire position. If Kindle passes through waivers unclaimed, he becomes a free agent.

Does he have to clear waivers first? I don't know how the process works.

Yes - Either a team claims him on waivers and picks up his current contract - if multiple teams claim I believe the lower seeded team would take priority.

If he clears waivers without a claim you could sign him to a new contract.

Dude has talent , but ..... reminds me of VY. Spoiled at UT and wont ever live up to the potential because of lifestyle choices.

vince_young_drunk.jpg

And the injuries dont help matters .... :barman:

Thug? He had a DUI but I know of nothing else. I must have missed what you are referring to

He has had two DUI's thus far, and a third suspected one in 2009 that he fled the scene where he plowed into an apartment building. He said he was texting and driving. Dude is a lush, no go.

Sergio Kindle’s time in Baltimore isn’t over just yet.

Kindle, the Ravens’ first selection in the 2010 NFL draft, was waived on Saturday to make room on the 53-man roster for Terrell Suggs. But now that Kindle has cleared waivers and become a free agent, the Ravens are bringing him back for the practice squad.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said at his press conference today that the Ravens were optimistic that Kindle would be back, and Jason La Canfora of CBS reported this afternoon that Kindle is, in fact, signed to the practice squad.

Kindle missed his entire rookie year after he suffered a fractured skull in a fall just two months after the Ravens drafted him, and since getting cleared to play in 2011 he’s been a major disappointment, appearing in just three games. But the Ravens are still holding onto some hope that he can do something in Baltimore, and the practice squad is his last chance to prove that he wasn’t a complete waste of a second-round draft pick.

Welp, Kindle was cut again. Heck, if he can bounce on and off their PS every year. Why can't we bring him in after the season? He might be a sandwich short of a picnic, but "the light's" bound to come on eventually.

Yes - Either a team claims him on waivers and picks up his current contract - if multiple teams claim I believe the lower seeded team would take priority.

If he clears waivers without a claim you could sign him to a new contract.

Dude has talent , but ..... reminds me of VY. Spoiled at UT and wont ever live up to the potential because of lifestyle choices.

vince_young_drunk.jpg

And the injuries dont help matters .... :barman:

UNfortunately you are correct, and probably will be for the future. As great of a player that Kindle was at Texas he never even tapped into his full potential even there. I don't think I've ever seen a LB better on film then Sergio Kindle if you watched his HS highlight reels. He looked like the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor. He was great at Texans, but could have been waaayyy better. I'd give him a shot. Don't see how it would hurt, but I agree with Nitro that his checkered past would never get him through the door over here, and it probably doesn't matter at this point as he is most likely damaged goods.

DUI and a reputation for being very social on the club scene including toking on the reefer. I deduced that in Bobby McBillionaire's eyes, he'd be a thug. I should have called him a party animal instead. Sorry for any confusion.

Personally, I'd love to give him a shot.

That is beyond wrong about McNair. He has already stated what would prevent a player from becoming "Texans Worthy" and they were something like

1: Cannot hit women

2: Cannot be addicted to any kind of substance, weed was not
considered addictive in his eyes.

3: Cannot continuously break the law and NFL rules

was on a radio interview

That is beyond wrong about McNair. He has already stated what would prevent a player from becoming "Texans Worthy" and they were something like

1: Cannot hit women

2: Cannot be addicted to any kind of substance, weed was not
considered addictive in his eyes.

3: Cannot continuously break the law and NFL rules

was on a radio interview

Shoot and Bob even came out as an advocate for legalizing marijuana. Makes me wonder if the old man has been puffin the cheeba...

Why wouldn't we pick him up? So much potential. If he screws up again, let him go, simple as that. Great teams have depth. This is an easy way to possibly pick up a great player for cheap.

Back