Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Scouts Inc. McShay 4/21 buzz

Dr. Toro

Rookie
It's ESPN Insider so I'll recap

Relevant highlights:

-Texans interest in Williams is only in a trade down scenario. Leverage.

-Jets "aggresively seeking a deal" (#4, #29, #35, #103). Thinks that package would be very enticing given Domanick Davis' presence and our many needs. Lists a potential package of prospects, Ferguson, Youbouty, Hali, VT OLB Anderson, as guys we could get at those picks.

-Titans interest in Young over Leinart likely a smokescreen.

-Raiders have "serious interest" in moving up to #2 to take Young (#7, #38, #69, and future 2nd or 3rd rounder). Use him situationally as a rookie.

Dr. Toro said:
Jeremy Green corroborated that the Raiders are trying to trade up to #2 in his chat today.

If they're trading up to take Young then Texan fans should pull for this to happen like there's no tomorrow. If we pick at #1, then it's of no consequence (other than shutting John McClain up). If we trade down past #2 then 1 excellent prospect is pushed up to us .....

Hmmm....

1 Bush
4 Williams

The rumored Jets' package is close to the ballpark of what I would expect if a trade is made. The key, if the Texans want to be able to come away with Williams, is that someone trades up and takes a QB with the 2nd pick. If the Saints stay there, I think they take Williams. Say the Raider rumor is accurate. Then they take Young at 2, Leinhart goes to the Titans at 3 and the Texans get Williams at 4.

I'm hoping against hope that the Jets offer the four that have been mentioned, and we jump on it without question. Take the picks, run away, and don't look back. It'll turn out better in the long run.

el toro said:
Hmmm....

1 Bush
4 Williams

The rumored Jets' package is close to the ballpark of what I would expect if a trade is made. The key, if the Texans want to be able to come away with Williams, is that someone trades up and takes a QB with the 2nd pick. If the Saints stay there, I think they take Williams. Say the Raider rumor is accurate. Then they take Young at 2, Leinhart goes to the Titans at 3 and the Texans get Williams at 4.

I want Young, but that ship has sailed. If Carr can improve like expected, this team could realistically be .500 or better if we land Mario and those three extra picks. IMO, we would have a premier defensive line and a situational pass rush to rival Indy's. We'd add a solid starter to the secondary, Winston, and perhaps even a playmaker like Moss or Holmes if we really felt like we needed that. Heck, we could add a guy like Addai if we weren't sold on Morency.

If they have 8 picks in the 1st 4 rounds (almost 8 in the top 100 overall picks) then they can afford to use maybe half of those picks to simply take the BPA.

The way I look at it, if you are going to trade the pick, you have to assume that the player is what the hype is. In this case, you are trading the next Sayers or Faulk. You better get something good if you do that, not simply find the 'better fit' or whatever nonsense. You can always adjust after you add a top talent.

You better get better value for that pick than what he's projected to be. Simple enough.

If Jets want Bush that much they will need to give #4, #27, #35 and their 1st round in "07.
Thats the great thing about having a STUD at #1, you throw out the value chart. Someone needs to come up with a "Godfather Deal" or we draft him.

Eyeguy said:
If Jets want Bush that much they will need to give #4, #27, #35 and their 1st round in "07.
Thats the great thing about having a STUD at #1, you throw out the value chart. Someone needs to come up with a "Godfather Deal" or we draft him.
that's also the problem with having a STUD at #1.

Eyeguy said:

Is it me, or does Mckshay contradict EVERY other peice of information ESPN has?

Wether it was Mort saying the Jets "Are not Interested" 3x, or the last article about Bush's contract offer which states no team has contacted the Texans to trade up--- I dont think the Texans will be trading down.

In fact, I think Mckshay was really just board when he wrote that article.

I'd take that deal in a second. give me D'Brick and BPA every pick after that.

heard a stat on Sirius the other day about high first round guys. Turns out that the left tackles have the highest chance of success. RB and QB were way down there. DE pretty high as well.

I say screw the points system...

If it gives us more picks in the draft that we can fill needs with just do it. Jets could also offer us a player with their picks as well. maybe a LB or something to sweeten the deal

I agree the jets walk away with Bush for this simple fact.

The Jets are gonna suck next year. Why not atleast sell tickets to see the most exciting RB drafted in recent memory, knowing that youll be picking in the top of the 07 draft where you can address your QB needs with Notre dames Brady Quinn? Hell know manginis system since his system is the system Charlie weis is running at Notre dame? plus you purchased some fillers at QB there are OT all through the first 2 rounds, why not solidify your backfield with Bush in 06 and Quinn in 07? with maybe a Whitworth, or scott at tackle? Everyone wins, cept the team next season. Pennington and ramsey get their last chance shot, The fans buy tickets to see Bush, Bush learns from one of the iron man Rb in the league Curtis Martin.

outofhnd said:
The Jets are gonna suck next year. Why not atleast sell tickets to see the most exciting RB drafted in recent memory,.

IMO that is exactly why WE are doing it (if in fact we do).

Generates excitement. Sells tickets. Gets fans to the stadium.

I prefer addressing our needs and then winning takes care of itself.

Why could we not work out a deal with the Jets to get Abraham? We could have had a great DE and drafted D'Brick. Outside of QB, maybe the two most important postions on the field.

Texans86 said:
I'm hoping against hope that the Jets offer the four that have been mentioned, and we jump on it without question. Take the picks, run away, and don't look back. It'll turn out better in the long run.

I think the only way the Texans trade is after the first couple picks of the draft and we're assured that we get Mario Williams in the deal (i.e. in this scenario if we take Bush at #1, the Raiders get Vince at #2, which I don't really see happening, if they really wanted Vince they wouldn't need to jump to #2 and I don't see Vince fitting the type of offense they should run with their WR group, the Titans take Leinart, then the Jets grab Mario Williams and then we make the trade with them).

Eyeguy said:

Well said.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

We either take the next "great thing," or we get a heckuva' lot to play with just as the Cowboys did in the Herschel Walker trade.

I pray those are the two options our front office is entertaining: Take Bush, or get someone like the Jets to sell their grandma's kidney (heck, BOTH of them) to get Bush.

Eyeguy said:

The best deal is we take Bush and see if the Jets get Mario at #4, then make the trade. If not I cannot think of a better mistake than taking Bush.

MorKnolle said:
I think the only way the Texans trade is after the first couple picks of the draft and we're assured that we get Mario Williams in the deal (i.e. in this scenario if we take Bush at #1, the Raiders get Vince at #2, which I don't really see happening, if they really wanted Vince they wouldn't need to jump to #2 and I don't see Vince fitting the type of offense they should run with their WR group, the Titans take Leinart, then the Jets grab Mario Williams and then we make the trade with them).

That's probably the safest ruote to go for us: When we're on the clock, a team such as the Jets are calling us to propose the trade. We grab Bush, the media doesn't know what's about to hit the fan at No. 4...and the Jets draft Williams, trading him to the Texans for Bush and we get filthy rich on extra draft picks. Jets win, Texans win. Jets win a few Super Bowls with Bush who is the Michael Jordan of football and I become a two-time degenerate fan slave to the curse that is called Houston Pro Football.

I love this game.

Kaiser Toro said:
The best deal is we take Bush and see if the Jets get Mario at #4, then make the trade. If not I cannot think of a better mistake than taking Bush.

What are you doing up at 1 a.m.?

Do you have someone sit in on the boards under your screen name for you? I knew it, you salty dog.

gpshafer_1976 said:
That's probably the safest ruote to go for us: When we're on the clock, a team such as the Jets are calling us to propose the trade. We grab Bush, the media doesn't know what's about to hit the fan at No. 4...and the Jets draft Williams, trading him to the Texans for Bush and we get filthy rich on extra draft picks. Jets win, Texans win. Jets win a few Super Bowls with Bush who is the Michael Jordan of football and I become a two-time degenerate fan slave to the curse that is called Houston Pro Football.

I love this game.

In the same six minute period you trumpet a Herschel trade and then rail against the scenario. Brilliant.

gpshafer_1976 said:
What are you doing up at 1 a.m.?

Do you have someone sit in on the boards under your screen name for you? I knew it, you salty dog.

Designated driver tonight. I am all hopped up on caffeine and have two estate sales to go to in the morning.

Kaiser Toro said:
In the same six minute period you trumpet a Herschel trade and then rail against the scenario. Brilliant.

Because for the first time since the end of the 49er game...I am beginning to realize that we're not gonna' win on draft day.

(1) I wanted to trade down and grab "Brick and some extra picks.

(2) Saints grab a veteran QB and shoot that dream scenario all to smithereens.

(3) I fall in love with Reggie.

(4) I fall in love with the Jets who might fall in love with Reggie and give us a big payoff for him.

(5) I get sea sick thinking that our front office is probably MORE schizo than I am right now.

(6) I realize this IS Houston pro Football we're talking about...so it dawns on me that we're pretty much screwed any way we go.

(7) That's why God invented Madden football games...so every fan can have his team win a Super Bowl on the "easy" setting.

gpshafer_1976 said:
Because for the first time since the end of the 49er game...I am beginning to realize that we're not gonna' win on draft day.

(1) I wanted to trade down and grab "Brick and some extra picks.

(2) Saints grab a veteran QB and shoot that dream scenario all to smithereens.

(3) I fall in love with Reggie.

(4) I fall in love with the Jets who might fall in love with Reggie and give us a big payoff for him.

(5) I get sea sick thinking that our front office is probably MORE schizo than I am right now.

(6) I realize this IS Houston pro Football we're talking about...so it dawns on me that we're pretty much screwed any way we go.

(7) That's why God invented Madden football games...so every fan can have his team win a Super Bowl on the "easy" setting.

Per usual I agree with most of this. I have no interest in #6 & #7.

al davis is no idiot hes knows its a smoke screen that they want lieinert we wont trade up its all speculation our draft will look like this

1. young Qb

2. Daniel bullocks SS

3.gerris wilkinson SLB

Jets | Team appears to be targeting D. Ferguson or M. Williams
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:06:48 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets appear to be targeting North Carolina State DE Mario Williams or Virginia OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson in the first round of next week's NFL Draft. "We need help right now," said one Jets official, who requested anonymity to avoid revealing the team's thinking. Moving up to acquire USC RB Reggie Bush is intriguing, but NFL insiders say it would cost the Jets their two first-round picks (fourth and 29th), a third-rounder and a second-rounder next season to get the first pick overall from the Houston Texans. The Jets, who need quantity as well as quality, appear more likely to trade down than trade up but are expected to stay put at No. 4.

Is everybody making ******* up.Gonna have to drink a 12 pack before the draft,so I dont go crazy next Saturday waiting to see our fate!

Texans | Team exchanging contract proposals with Bush's agent
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:56:29 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans and USC RB Reggie Bush's agent have exchanged contract proposals for the first time, Friday, April 21. The two sides spent part of the day in talks aimed at reaching an agreement before the start of the NFL Draft.

Tha rizzock said:
al davis is no idiot hes knows its a smoke screen that they want lieinert we wont trade up its all speculation our draft will look like this

1. young Qb

2. Daniel bullocks SS

3.gerris wilkinson SLB
sorry, you guys won't draft a QB. THAT's the smokescreen. i figure raider fans would be used to all these smokescreens by now.

Back