Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Schaub out for a month

It's not like that one game was against Sage's norm, and I don't mean just his play here in Hoston. In case you didn't know, and I'm assuming you don't, Sage was also given every chance to win the starting job in Miami before coming to Houston. Any guesses as to how that turned out? When Minnestoa offered a draft pick for Sage, I was shocked that there were any teams left in the NFL who thought he good be a started in this league.

I prefer Schaub becuase he I think he has potential that he has yet to meet, unlike Sage who I don't think will get any better. Also you are right that I like Matt over Sage bacause Kubiak called him the starter after a gold game, and so should you; unless you think you know more then the HC.

And please drop the all bolded posts. It's only slighly less annoying then the all caps post.

Shaub has had some great games and then quite a few bad ones. He can't stay healthy. THAT, he has proven. Sage is just as good as Shaub. And you expect me to believe Shaub is the guy just because Kubiak thinks so, even though he was afraid of making Shaub compete for the job? Lol! Sorry buddy, but I'm not sold on Kubiak either and neither are a lot of people.

And the bold posts will stay as I mentioned before. They are no different than yours. Pathetic how you try and use that instead of the argument. I've been here for months and I haven't changed it for any of you whiners, so don't think it will now either.
:spit:

Shaub has had some great games and then quite a few bad ones. He can't stay healthy. THAT, he has proven. Sage is just as good as Shaub. And you expect me to believe Shaub is the guy just because Kubiak thinks so, even though he was afraid of making Shaub compete for the job? Lol! Sorry buddy, but I'm not sold on Kubiak either and neither are a lot of people.

And the bold posts will stay as I mentioned before. They are no different than yours. Pathetic how you try and use that instead of the argument. I've been here for months and I haven't changed it for any of you whiners, so don't think it will now either.

LOL. I am thrilled that you are on this board.

You don't capitulate. Good for you.

8th game of the year, the midpoint of the season, and we are (drum roll, please) right back where we were last season: Watching Schaub as he watches from the sideline.

Man, I didn't see this one coming. :shades:

The QB situation is like a boxing match: One second, one guy is going down. The next second, he's back up and hammering on the other guy. Back and forth, back and forth. And neither of the QBs can seal the deal on locking the starter position up.

QB is now THE need on this team. No doubt about it.

What we need on offense is a David Garrard or Jeff Garcia type of QB. Basically a guy that runs the offense, makes the short necessary West Coast types of passes but can stretch the field when necessary. We need a guy that doesn't take sacks, doesn't throw risky passes, but instead manages the game efficiently. Thats the guy we need. When healthy, Schaub can be that guy. Unfortunately it seems that he cant stay healthy.

I'm frankly relieved that he is injured. It looked to me like he just had a bruise and was limping around like a baby, using it as an excuse. He took two pretty good shots by Jared Allen on the knee, so I don't know that this confirms that he is too fragile- though it does continue the concern.

By the way, how neither of those were called penalties is beyond me- particularly the second one where he was hit high and low clearly very late.

the Texans cut both Boyd/Brink when setting roster to final 52. then a few weeks ago they resigned Alex to the practice squad, not sure if Shane Boyd was eligible?

I will say a couple things, Alex knows the offense & I beleive he can manage a more run orientated variation of the ZBS. Now we'll really get to see how good this coaching staff is at adapting to circumstances :whip:

Boyd was eligible, but as you say, the Texans chose to go with Brink.

Last year when we were in the same situation (Schaub out for a few games, and no QB on the active roster other than Sage), we brought in Boyd - a street free agent whose only previous experience with the Texans was as the opposing QB in a preseason game. When we signed him, Boyd had never played a down in an NFL regular season game (still hasn't for that matter).

Given the circumstances are pretty similar, and it's pretty clear the Texans prefer Brink over Boyd, I'd imagine that we'll see Brink added to the active roster this week. My guess for the guy who will make room is N.D. Kalu - other possibilities are Breuner and Studdard.

Lets recap:

People like you really trip me out. All you can do is point to that one game, completely ignoring what Sage has done for most of that game and in many others. Then you totally ignore Shaub's TO's and his deer in headlights syndrome where he drops the ball the moment a D lineman touches him.

Keep sounding like a broken record talking about the Colts game all you want. It gets stale and old. Move on. Sage can make plays. He isn't a great QB, but Shaub really isn't any better than Sage. Look at the numbers between the first and 2nd half of that game. Sage moved the chains a lot better than Shaub did. Will he in every game? Dunno, but he has proven that he can play at least as good as Shaub. Shaub was a back up just like Sage was. You and many others only like Shaub so much because Kubiak called him the starter after a golf game.

I can point to several games, including the one this past Sunday, when Sage has made expensive turnovers by forcing plays. Schaub's interception Sunday, was an underthrown pass, caused by throwing off an injured leg. Sage's was trying to force a play and throwing into tight double coverage. What about last year's Titan's game? Yes, Sage brought us back to an almost miraculous comeback - but he got us into a deep hole in the first place with interceptions. Sage seems very prone to brain farts, he will move the ball - but he will make stupid mistakes. I think that is what most of the Sage naysayers see - preventable mistakes. Do NOT fool yourself into thinking there is only ONE game Sage has thrown away - literally.

Maybe I should bold this so you can understand it.

I never said that Sage was a savior or the team's franchise QB. He runs the offense more efficiently though. He can make more plays against the tougher defenses. I notice it every single time he goes in there.

I really don't think Sage or Shaub is much better than the other depending on who you really think is better or worse. They are both back ups. The point is that Shaub going down right now really doesn't hurt the team. Our offense will look the same with Sage if not maybe a LITTLE better, but not a lot. So this isn't that big of a deal.

And no I wouldn't agree with your points if they were bolded. It's hilarious that guys like you still try using that as an argument against my posts when you've not nothing else. Get lost.

I was responding directly to your saying that Sage only played badly in one game. Stay on point and don't change arguments in mid stream.

LOL. I am thrilled that you are on this board.

You don't capitulate. Good for you.

8th game of the year, the midpoint of the season, and we are (drum roll, please) right back where we were last season: Watching Schaub as he watches from the sideline.

Man, I didn't see this one coming. :shades:

The QB situation is like a boxing match: One second, one guy is going down. The next second, he's back up and hammering on the other guy. Back and forth, back and forth. And neither of the QBs can seal the deal on locking the starter position up.

QB is now THE need on this team. No doubt about it.

Couldn't have explained it any better GP. Who will last longer? Who will be more consistent? Who knows? I'm not worried about having Shaub out a few games though. I don't think this team will miss a beat from what it can do any way. We've got two back ups that have extreme HIGHS and extreme LOWS. I do like our weapons on offense though and they are a fun bunch to watch finally. It just sucks that we continue to have the QB issues to take the next step. I think it will be very interesting to see what Sage does in these next few games.

PS. And I like the BOLD baby! Maybe I should change mine to Texans blue.

How many games of Sage's have you seen? Just the ones when he was a Texan? Which would include the epic loss to the Colts and the 4 INT loss to the Titans and yesterday's equally brillliant 2 sacks in three plays agaisnt the Vikings.

Once again, Sage was given multiple chances to win the starting before becoming the back-up here is Houston. He failed. It is also important to remember that he was signed to be the back-up, and not to compete for the starting job. I agree that Kubiak may not be the HC we all hoped he might be, but that does not diminish his abilities as a QB coach or an OC; and it's those parts of his coaching knowledge that I trust over quite a few poeples when it comes to Matt v Sage.

The comments about the bolded text were more of a post script, as if you go back and re-read my psot you'll see that I did indeed adress your so called "points". But I'm starting to fell that you bold your posts in either an attempt to gather attention or to further highlight that you post a contraian message. Either way it is now, and will forever be annoying.

Matt would do himself wonders if he could move around in the pocket better...

On that strip sack that Allen had, Schaub could've avoided it if he had just stepped up a bit and let Duane continue to push him upfield...

Easier said than done tho'

I have no problem with his footwork in the pocket. I have a problem with a gimpy Schaub in the pocket, which he was. He should have never been in the game at that moment.

Lets recap:

I was responding directly to your saying that Sage only played badly in one game. Stay on point and don't change arguments in mid stream.

When did I say that he only played bad in one game? I didn't.

My point is that all I hear from many of you that seem to hate Sage is that Indy game where he blew up at the end. Okay, he screwed it all up. You don't care that he played probably the best game any Texans QB ever has against INdy in the history of the Texans franchise up until the ROSENCOPTER WAS BORN. Lol! (A little joke) Yeah, that sucked, but he played one hell of a game until then. I don't think that he would ever repeat a catostrophic melt down like that again. I'm sure that learned from it.

Rosencopter has played quite well in the past though. Don't forget that he had to play quite a few games last year without AJ, and had to work with Walter and Davis and he played pretty well. He is no star. He may be a back up, but he isn't any worse than Shaub. I think he brings a little more of an IT factor than Shaub does or ever will. To me, Shaub seems like a QB that has to have great blocking to play well. He just doesn't get into a rythem when there is constant pressure. I like Shaub, but I'm not blind to some of his inefficiencies nor am I to Sage's either.

Sage will be the guy for the next few weeks. Let's give him support and hope that he does well instead of constantly hammering the memories of the Colts game. It's over and done with. He just threw for around 250 in the 2nd half against a team that we weren't moving the ball that well on in the 1st half yesterday. He made quick throws. Give him a shot.

I have no problem with his footwork in the pocket. I have a problem with a gimpy Schaub in the pocket, which he was. He should have never been in the game at that moment.

Exactly. Literally left in a position to do little else but fail. I spent the better part of that quarter wondering why in the hell he was still out there. I'm still trying to figure that out. Sometimes the decision making on this team just blows my mind. We are down to Slaton and Moats at RB, we've got Green doing his gimp routine again (big surprise) and we've sent Walker and Taylor both packing.

To top it all off we could have had Cedric Benson who went for 104 yards on 24 carries running behind that pile of poo the Bengals call an offensive line but we couldn't sully ourselves with his presence following a couple of (ultimately dismissed) charges of intoxication. The Texans can't run the ball, can't depend on Green, and were too good for Cedric Benson to play for?

Once again, Sage was given multiple chances to win the starting before becoming the back-up here is Houston. He failed. It is also important to remember that he was signed to be the back-up, and not to compete for the starting job. I agree that Kubiak may not be the HC we all hoped he might be, but that does not diminish his abilities as a QB coach or an OC; and it's those parts of his coaching knowledge that I trust over quite a few poeples when it comes to Matt v Sage.

The comments about the bolded text were more of a post script, as if you go back and re-read my psot you'll see that I did indeed adress your so called "points". But I'm starting to fell that you bold your posts in either an attempt to gather attention or to further highlight that you post a contraian message. Either way it is now, and will forever be annoying.

So because Kubiak thinks Shaub is the man, posters on this board are not allowed to say they disagree? There are a ton of coaches that I don't trust in their opinion to pick the right starters. Childress was one of them, but he quickly took Jackson out of there and put in Ferrott and the team has played much better on offense. Billick was supposed to be an offensive genius when he went to Balitmore and year after year had the wrong guy at QB, and would never learn or admit when he made a mistake or picked the wrong guy. Gruden seems to know offenses pretty well, but never can seem to know what QB to use even when he knows it will hurt the team.

And going back to the bold, I could care less what you think about it. I've always had the bold on other boards and I've never heard this type of whining and complaining of it. It helps me to find posts after mine when I go back into threads. It is easier and more convenient. Do you see me telling you how annoying your ridiculous avatar is? No. You have what you want, just as I do whether it is screen name, avatar, sig, or font. Dread Head uses bold sometimes, while a few other posters in here use different colors for their words. You don't see me whining to them. The funny thing is that I've had several posters PM and tell me keep the bold when whiners like you complain or try bringing it up. Several people like it, and if you don't again I don't give a rat's ass.
:tiphat:

It does totally piss me off that they did not get Schaub out of the game immediately when he was hurt. I was surprised at the time that they were not even evaluating him on the sideline, when it was obvious - to everyone watching on TV anyway - that he was hurt. I don't like to run around casting blame - but what were the trainers and coaches thinking. And I'll bet dollars to donuts it was made worse by leaving him in.

It does totally piss me off that they did not get Schaub out of the game immediately when he was hurt. I was surprised at the time that they were not even evaluating him on the sideline, when it was obvious - to everyone watching on TV anyway - that he was hurt. I don't like to run around casting blame - but what were the trainers and coaches thinking. And I'll bet dollars to donuts it was made worse by leaving him in.

This is the second time that this has happened this year. Another bad game by Kubiak.

This has nothing to do with being injury prone and has everything to do with having a crappy OL and a cheap DE (Jared Allen went low on Schaub a TON)

I agree. Given the premise Schaub is "ruined" (I don't think he is), why should we bring in and ruin a 3rd QB? Let's fix the o-line.

At least no one can say that Schaub isn't tough. He got hit twice in his knee, and still finished the half. Afterwards, he kept his helmet on, ready to go.

All with a torn MCL

This has nothing to do with being injury prone and has everything to do with having a crappy OL and a cheap DE (Jared Allen went low on Schaub a TON)

DING DING DING We have a winner folks, Schaub showed true grit in my opinion Kubiak said after the game that Schaub wanted to stay in. The o-line let Schaub get killed plain and simple. When Schaub throws for 300+ yards and 3 TDs he's a hero. But when he has a bad day so called fans want to burn him at the stake. Stupid fairweather fans!

Exactly. Literally left in a position to do little else but fail. I spent the better part of that quarter wondering why in the hell he was still out there. I'm still trying to figure that out. Sometimes the decision making on this team just blows my mind.

SO many times during games I feel like Kubiak is so busy playing OC he forgets to be the head coach and manage all the coahes and team.

Brings up another point, why do we have an OC?

Totally agree with you here. What I wonder though is what was Shaub saying? What if the coaches wanted to take him out and he wanted to still go? Did Shaub insist on playing knowing that he really couldn't handle the pain? Or was it just a horrible move on the trainers and the coaching staff?

The coaching staff should have yanked him for sure, but did he insist on staying in the game is my question and if so why didn't the coaches take him out any way?

Totally agree with you here. What I wonder though is what was Shaub saying? What if the coaches wanted to take him out and he wanted to still go? Did Shaub insist on playing knowing that he really couldn't handle the pain? Or was it just a horrible move on the trainers and the coaching staff?

The coaching staff should have yanked him for sure, but did he insist on staying in the game is my question and if so why didn't the coaches take him out any way?

It doesn't matter what the players says. Any player worth his salt will tell the coach he wants to play, he said boldly.:shades:

So because Kubiak thinks Shaub is the man, posters on this board are not allowed to say they disagree? There are a ton of coaches that I don't trust in their opinion to pick the right starters. Childress was one of them, but he quickly took Jackson out of there and put in Ferrott and the team has played much better on offense. Billick was supposed to be an offensive genius when he went to Balitmore and year after year had the wrong guy at QB, and would never learn or admit when he made a mistake or picked the wrong guy. Gruden seems to know offenses pretty well, but never can seem to know what QB to use even when he knows it will hurt the team.

And going back to the bold, I could care less what you think about it. I've always had the bold on other boards and I've never heard this type of whining and complaining of it. It helps me to find posts after mine when I go back into threads. It is easier and more convenient. Do you see me telling you how annoying your ridiculous avatar is? No. You have what you want, just as I do whether it is screen name, avatar, sig, or font. Dread Head uses bold sometimes, while a few other posters in here use different colors for their words. You don't see me whining to them. The funny thing is that I've had several posters PM and tell me keep the bold when whiners like you complain or try bringing it up. Several people like it, and if you don't again I don't give a rat's ass.
:tiphat:

You can say you disagree, just don't be surprised when people say that they take the opinion of Kubiak over yours. And also don't be surprised if somebody calls you on it. You do not have a tenth of the knowledge, resources, expeirence or contacts of the worst coach in the NFL.

Speaking of coaches knowing when to pull players and going back on previous descisions; wonder what you think of all of Sage's previous coaches. You know the ones who all came to the conlcusion that Sage was not starter material.

The difference between my avatar and your bolded text is, that you are not forced to read my avatar if you want to carry on a conversation with me; while I have to read the bolded type to converse with you. You say it so you can find your posts easier, doesn't your avatar and username fullfil the same purpose? And I don't find it surprising that there are people who tell you that the bold is "leet".

You get what you get with Rosenfels. He's someone who can throw great timing passes, but is immobile and can't make quick decisions on his own. In his own words, he did poorly on the fly on that end zone interception when he had to make the play call. So you get precise patterns and big yardage, but poor decisions lead to turnovers. He's always been like that, and it's unlikely to change.

Schaub, on the other hand, has a stronger arm, quicker feet, and makes better on-the-fly decisions. He has also improved every single game. His only real mistake against the Vikings was the fumble. That pick was not completely his fault. I don't think he (or Kubiak) realized the severity of his injury until that play. Leach was wide open by about five yards, and Schaub shortchanged it by five yards. That wasn't a bad play; that was unexpected pain when he tried to plant for that throw. He didn't have the strength.

I'm not making excuses; I'm laying out what we've got. Schaub is great when he has protection, and good when he doesn't. Problem is, our o-line got absolutely MANHANDLED by the Vikes, and our QB paid the price. Out for a month against a pretty tough stretch.

Here's to hoping he's back in time to start the MNF game and have our coming-out party. Playoff expectations were a bit much for this year, and we all knew that. But we can show the world we're a legit NFL team on Dec. 1.

I had a feeling he hurt something badly on that play. I dont like Jaren Allen and feel that he caused an injury to a QB after the ball was gone and unneccesary.

Sage will win a few games, probably go 5-3 or 4-4 giving us an 8-8 or 7-9 record for the year.

I would advise picking him up as a backup in your FF league. :P

I think Matt was wearing his helmet the second half, and standing on the sideline, because Kubiak probably told Matt that he had to go back in if something happened to Sage that was worse than what happened to Matt.

We have no 3rd string QB that was active. Kubiak is stubborn: He mentioned in the offseason that he "didn't ever want to go through that again..." making reference to how close he cut it with Schaub getting injured last year and then having virtually nobody behind Sage if something had happened in-game to Sage.

Well, here we are. Doy!

I had made this image back when Kubiak was still searching for lightning in a bottle at RB, before Slaton had emerged. I think I'll resurrect it again for his QB search. It's Whitesnake and their song "Here I go again, on my own..." Lyrics pasted beneath the image. I put my own twist on some the lyrics (bolded in red).

Kubiak_Whitesnake.jpg

I don't know where I'm goin
but I sure know where I've been
hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
but here I go again, here I go again.

Tho' I keep searching for an answer
I never seem to find what I'm looking for.
Oh Lord, I pray you give me strength to carry on
'cos I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here I go again on my own
goin' down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone.
An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time.

Just another heart in need of rescue
waiting on love's sweet charity
an' I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days

Like a BACKUP TO ELWAY I was born to walk alone.
but here I go again, here I go again,
here I go again, here I go.

Like a OC UNDER SHANAHAN I was born to walk alone

Like a HC IN RELIANT I was born to walk alone.
here I go again, here I go,
here I go again

I think Matt was wearing his helmet the second half, and standing on the sideline, because Kubiak probably told Matt that he had to go back in if something happened to Sage that was worse than what happened to Matt.

We have no 3rd string QB that was active. Kubiak is stubborn: He mentioned in the offseason that he "didn't ever want to go through that again..." making reference to how close he cut it with Schaub getting injured last year and then having virtually nobody behind Sage if something had happened in-game to Sage.

Well, here we are. Doy!

I had made this image back when Kubiak was still searching for lightning in a bottle at RB, before Slaton had emerged. I think I'll resurrect it again for his QB search. It's Whitesnake and their song "Here I go again, on my own..." Lyrics pasted beneath the image. I put my own twist on some the lyrics (bolded in red).

Kubiak_Whitesnake.jpg

here I go again

I'm dumber for having to read that and re-live 1982.. (well except for seeing Tawny Kitaen on the hood of a jag) ;)

You can say you disagree, just don't be surprised when people say that they take the opinion of Kubiak over yours. And also don't be surprised if somebody calls you on it. You do not have a tenth of the knowledge, resources, expeirence or contacts of the worst coach in the NFL.

Speaking of coaches knowing when to pull players and going back on previous descisions; wonder what you think of all of Sage's previous coaches. You know the ones who all came to the conlcusion that Sage was not starter material.

The difference between my avatar and your bolded text is, that you are not forced to read my avatar if you want to carry on a conversation with me; while I have to read the bolded type to converse with you. You say it so you can find your posts easier, doesn't your avatar and username fullfil the same purpose? And I don't find it surprising that there are people who tell you that the bold is "leet".

I don't have the resources, experience, or knowledge as even the worst coach in the NFL? DUH! Well neither do you, so what are you even posting your opinion in here for? We should all just accept whatever our coach says and does, because we're fans and he is the coach right? Lol! That worked real well when people like you were saying the same thing when Capers was here and Carr as well. I'm sure you were saying the same things to people back then. Be a homer all you want and do and swallow everything a coach says with a losing record while ha has been a head coach. I don't just buy into any guy that gets hired to coach and assume that he'll make all the right decisions. I never said I was right or that I knew it all either. I just gave my opinion and it is what it is. What size or color font I choose to use when expressing it is my business. Get used to it.

And why you're bashing away on Sage right now, we'll see how ole Sage does in the next few weeks. I'll be rooting him on, why you seem like you're just waiting to bash him some more so you can say "I told you so". You should feel so proud. Personally I'd love for Sage to play well and for Shaub to have a quick recovery and get back on the field and play well right after him because we both know that Kubiak will go back to Shaub no matter how well or how poor Sage plays. It isn't a job that Shaub has to win. It is his as long as Kubiak is the head coach here. Not that it will matter that much though because neither one is hardly better than the other.

Well, here we are. Doy!

Kubiak_Whitesnake.jpg

here I go again

Hilarious GP! I didn't even notice Kubiak in that picture at first either, or those lyrics you threw in there. Lol! Clever.:spit:

I had a feeling he hurt something badly on that play. I dont like Jaren Allen and feel that he caused an injury to a QB after the ball was gone and unneccesary.

Sage will win a few games, probably go 5-3 or 4-4 giving us an 8-8 or 7-9 record for the year.

I would advise picking him up as a backup in your FF league. :P

On team 1 in FF I have Warner and Roethlisbeger
On team 2 in FF I have McNabb and Warner.

I will pass on Rosenfells.

I don't have the resources, experience, or knowledge as even the worst coach in the NFL? DUH! Well neither do you, so what are you even posting your opinion in here for? We should all just accept whatever our coach says and does, because we're fans and he is the coach right? Lol! That worked real well when people like you were saying the same thing when Capers was here and Carr as well. I'm sure you were saying the same things to people back then. Be a homer all you want and do and swallow everything a coach says with a losing record while ha has been a head coach. I don't just buy into any guy that gets hired to coach and assume that he'll make all the right decisions. I never said I was right or that I knew it all either. I just gave my opinion and it is what it is. What size or color font I choose to use when expressing it is my business. Get used to it.

And why you're bashing away on Sage right now, we'll see how ole Sage does in the next few weeks. I'll be rooting him on, why you seem like you're just waiting to bash him some more so you can say "I told you so". You should feel so proud. Personally I'd love for Sage to play well and for Shaub to have a quick recovery and get back on the field and play well right after him because we both know that Kubiak will go back to Shaub no matter how well or how poor Sage plays. It isn't a job that Shaub has to win. It is his as long as Kubiak is the head coach here. Not that it will matter that much though because neither one is hardly better than the other.

First off, I root for the team not any single player; nor do I root against any player.

I'm not bashing Sage, just trying to point out to a few that we have seen Sage's act, both here and Miami, and to expect to change know is akin to expecting the sky to be green tomorrow. Been saying it since this topic came up last season.

I don't think we'll win any of the next four games, and I also don't think that any of the loses will all be the fault of Rosencopter. But I fully expect games like the one against Tenn last year, or in other words Sage will do just as much damage to our chances of winning as he will to help our changes of winning.

Sage is at best a QB who should manage the game, the problem is he thinks he has the ability to be Brett Farve.

On team 1 in FF I have Warner and Roethlisbeger
On team 2 in FF I have McNabb and Warner.

I will pass on Rosenfells.

Sounds like you have your QB situation under control. But not everyone has Kurt Warner, McNabb or Roethlisberger.

1st round QB: there are at least 3 pretty good ones and one should drop to us.
2nd round:DT that can stop an RB or a DE to play opposite... (ok you know how to finish)
3rd round: best CB or safety available. Or maybe it is ok if you score TD off INT and then can't get close to another receiver?
4th round: abig old RB to take AHman Green's place.

For this year... 2 aspirins and call me tomorrow.

2nd round:DT that can stop an RB or a DE to play opposite... (ok you know how to finish)
3rd round: best CB or safety available. Or maybe it is ok if you score TD off INT and then can't get close to another receiver?

I laughed when Tennessee picked LenDale White.

I am not laughing now that he has a speedy Chris Johnson paired up with him. I think a lot of the Titans' success is due to the slashing and speedy Johnson and then in comes the bruising tank that just throttles guys all game long. Defenses are having to be mindful of their tackling styles all game long "Gotta go low on LenDale," and "Gotta beat Johnson to the running lane,") and on top of the mental workout, the defensive players are (A) getting gassed from chasing a speedy Johnson and (b) getting tired of tackling White and taking those licks each time.

They are just running defenses down. And that 4th quarter is suddenly harder to play than normal. Gotta' give props to Jeff Fisher and his squad. VY going bye-bye has also helped.

Our run game looked pretty good when Ahman and Slaton were cycling in and out of the lineup all game long. Imagine a younger version of Ahman Green or someone slightly larger than Ahman.

Kubiak, by virtue of a very crafty and maybe even LUCKY draft in 2009, might be able to trump his own bad game management. But nothing is going to overcome our awful defensive philosophy. It looks like a 4-3, but it's playing out to be a 3-4 in terms of pressuring the QB.

First off, I root for the team not any single player; nor do I root against any player.

I'm not bashing Sage, just trying to point out to a few that we have seen Sage's act, both here and Miami, and to expect to change know is akin to expecting the sky to be green tomorrow. Been saying it since this topic came up last season.

I don't think we'll win any of the next four games, and I also don't think that any of the loses will all be the fault of Rosencopter. But I fully expect games like the one against Tenn last year, or in other words Sage will do just as much damage to our chances of winning as he will to help our changes of winning.

Sage is at best a QB who should manage the game, the problem is he thinks he has the ability to be Brett Farve.

There is some truth to what you're saying. I don't totally disagree with you. However, though he isn't as TO prone and wild as you say. I'll give you the Indy game, but I like the fact that Sage does try and make a few plays. We need a QB that has some moxy. Just not to much for his own good. I don't see how he couldn't have learned some huge lessons from the Indy game. It was awful, but we need to move on. If he comes out stinking things up, then I'll have no problem coming back in here and telling you that I was wrong and you were right. He is going to make some plays though. He will be able to move the ball down the field pretty well. Will it be enough each game with our terrible defense? I dunno, he might HAVE to gun sling a little bit to keep scoring. He can't totally be a game manager when we have a terrible offense though. We will need the offense to put up points, and playing it completely safe just might not get it done. It just depends on different game situations.

Let's give him support though and hope he does well. We will not lose the next four games. And if we do, I will guarantee you that it won't because a ton of Rosencopter mistakes. It will be mainly because of coaching, and this team had better not lose the next four games or Kubiak had better be out of here. This team showed that it has play makers on the offense at least and the D won't get turned around until Kubiak demands that Smith gets canned. We need the D to play better so our offense doesn't have to score so much just to win. Sage will have to gamble on certain plays and then he'll have to be real conservative on certain plays and be a game manager like you say. It will just depend on the game situation which will ultimately fall under the head coach's leadership.

My analysis wasn't only from this game....

Overall Schaub doesn't do that great a job sliding around in the pocket and re-setting to throw IMHO...I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he gets a lot of pressure right in his face though...

O-line definitely has to do a better job of protecting...We gotta do a better job of running it and keeping pressure off the pass game...

1st round I think we need a pass rusher if he is there man. This D needs play makers.

2nd round: Maybe a RB or QB. Depending on who is there. However, we might need to stay with defense. If there is a safety available that is the right guy or even a LB we need to get them.

3rd round: RB or LB. All depends on who we have already drafted.

Sounds like you have your QB situation under control. But not everyone has Kurt Warner, McNabb or Roethlisberger.

Because I'd rather not deal with the cold reality of another Monday as a Houston Texans fan, I'm gonna talk fantasy....

I'm one of those who doesn't have a Warner, Brees, or McNabb and Eli isn't doing much for me. I'd take Rosenfels without hesitation because he has some awesome weaponry to play with and the Texans will throw the ball often. If only I hadn't used my #1 waiver wire priority last week on Ginn. Now I have to sweat it out and pray the six guys in front of me don't want Sage.

nfl.com says Schaub will be out 'up to 4 weeks'...

Thats probably the rest of the season :I

Anyone who wants to see Rosencopter will get plenty of him these next few weeks. It will be interesting I think.

DOnt worry if sage goes down "Knocks on wood"

Old Mr G Kubes will suit up he used to be a QB for denver !!!!!!!! back in the 80's prob :gun:

Back