Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Russell Declaring For Draft!

LORK 88

Wreck'em Ŧech!
Russell Declaring for the Draft

Russell Coming Out

LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has signed with agent Eric Metz, a league source tells us.

And this means that Russell will forego his final year of eligibility and enter the 2007 draft. Once a college player signs with an agent, there's no going back.

Coming off of a great performance in the Sugar Bowl, the 6-6, 260-pound Russell could be one of the top picks in April. He might even leapfrog Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.

I think he is the best qb in this draft class....so at this point I don't see any way he drops to us at 8, but the good news is that he pushes one more top prospect down to us that wouldn't be there before he entered the draft. I'd love to have him here but the it is rare when a draft class is loaded like last years QB draft class...we may not have another shot at a premier QB unless we trade up in the future since we were too slow to understand what we have last year.

It's unlikely that JeMarcus Russell falls to the 8th spot. Unless we trade up or he falls dramatically due to some reason he won't be a Houston Texan. And that's too bad because he's going to be a stud qb in the league. But the bright side is that this gives us more options now. A player who might not have been available might fall towards us.

I wish Jamarcus would come back for one more run at a championship but he made the right decision if true. its been fun to see him develop over the last three years and i wish him the best.

Why do you want Flynn over Perilloux who is a better QB than Russell and Flynn? Perilloux is the next great QB of football IMO. What him.

My guess is he's a pissed off longhorns fan. Perriloux verbally commited to Texas, then when he announced it on TV, he took off his Texas shirt to reveal an LSU shirt.

Titan "Tack" Fan;564925 said:
My guess is he's a pissed off longhorns fan. Perriloux verbally commited to Texas, then when he announced it on TV, he took off his Texas shirt to reveal an LSU shirt.

I remember him switching last second, but I didn't know he did it quite like that. That's pretty messed up, but luckily, I don't like either school more than the other and neither at all really, so I just look at the players and potential in the NFL. That is why Perilloux is the QB I'm watching.

I remember him switching last second, but I didn't know he did it quite like that. That's pretty messed up, but luckily, I don't like either school more than the other and neither at all really, so I just look at the players and potential in the NFL. That is why Perilloux is the QB I'm watching.

He's really good. I was at LSU's spring game last year and he tore it up. He's really quick and has a great arm. I wish JaMarcus was staying, but Perriloux is going to be really good.

Titan "Tack" Fan;564930 said:
He's really good. I was at LSU's spring game last year and he tore it up. He's really quick and has a great arm. I wish JaMarcus was staying, but Perriloux is going to be really good.

Perilloux is a JR next year right? I'm hoping he takes charge of his team and has a big year, gets some hype, comes out and we take him. I think he is twice the QB prospect Russell is, and I like Russell.

Perilloux is a JR next year right? I'm hoping he takes charge of his team and has a big year, gets some hype, comes out and we take him. I think he is twice the QB prospect Russell is, and I like Russell.

Perilloux is a jerk...has a massive ego and is the next Jeff George.

Perrilloux is a RS Soph next year.

Perriloser lied to the Texas coaches right up until signing day. He remained "committed" to Texas while as the same time secretly trying to recruit players to go with him to LSU. He is a really bad person, I don't care how good he is. Oh and then at his signing day press conference he trashed Russell and Flynn, saying he could come in as a true frosh, take the starting job and win a couple of Heismans in the process. He'll be a redshirt soph this coming fall, hopefully Flynn wil take the starting job then Jarrett Lee takes the job as a RS freshman in 2008.

it looks like it will be Flynn's job to lose and he will probably be the starter at the begining of the season. as long as lsu doesn't run a two qb attack i will be happy.

I know I have asked this question before but never really got an answer, what is wrong with Troy Smith? Soon to be national champ, heisman trophy winner, no one seems to be talking about him. Mobile, fast, accurate, a winner.

Better than Brady Quinn. Quinn in my opinion stinks. He, like Smith, had all kinds of talent and a great coach but can't win big games.

However when its all said and done I throw my hat in for Gains Adams. The missing piece in my opinion for a decent pass rush.

I know I have asked this question before but never really got an answer, what is wrong with Troy Smith? Soon to be national champ, heisman trophy winner, no one seems to be talking about him. Mobile, fast, accurate, a winner.

Better than Brady Quinn. Quinn in my opinion stinks. He, like Smith, had all kinds of talent and a great coach but can't win big games.

However when its all said and done I throw my hat in for Gains Adams. The missing piece in my opinion for a decent pass rush.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but his problem is that he is 3-5 inches too short.

I've haven't seen Quinn play much, but when I have seen him I've been been completely underwhelmed. I haven't been able to understand why he's been projected by so many as the first pick in the draft. I know his size and measurables are outstanding, but his play hasn't been all that great, at least not when I've seen him.

I don't see Russell falling to #8, but I'd love to take Smith in the 2nd round if he's still available. I don't care if he's short. Drew Brees is also short, and I'd take him any day of the week.

Back