Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Running up the Score

Doom Capers

Waterboy
How classy was it of the Chiefs to throw a td while they were up by like 30, with 4 minutes to go? Did they actually had a chance to come back still? Come on. :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:

Doom Capers said:
How classy was it of the Chiefs to throw a td while they were up by like 30, with 4 minutes to go? Did they actually had a chance to come back still? Come on. :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly: :pigfly:

So what!!!! I am getting sick and tired of people, especially in the Houston media, complaining about running up the score. If the Texans weren't so....................................... junior highish when compared to the rest of the league we wouldn't have this problem. Stop sugar coating everything!! Stop complaining!! Tell it like it is!! This is a men's league and people need to start treating it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they suck..........................they suck!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not that I condone what the Chiefs did, but if the Texans don't like it, they should stop it. Thta probably sounds a little harsh, but I have a hard time getting on the Chiefs' case when our team is just plain miserable. Oh well ..... :(

Doom Capers said:
I am embarassed that one of our fans posted this. Come on this is FOOTBALL. Not sewing class. Texans and our fans need to take our beating this season and remember it when it comes time for payback.

I was commenting late in the 2nd quarter that Vermeil couldn't have been actually watching the game with past film study in mind. If he had, he would never have thrown the ball. It's not like the Texans were going to stop that running game. And then the time of possession would have been like 50 minutes to 10 and he wouldn't have run up the score.

yaboycm said:
If they suck..........................they suck!!!!!!!!!!!1

They really really SUCKED last night. Got to where I was just sitting there wanting to start yelling for the Chiefs!

bobby 119C:brickwall

Doom Capers said:
Actually they were 'only' up 21 (38-17). And it's not like they were heaving the ball downfield. It was a 6 yd TD pass.

Doom Capers said:

Grow up! Somebody had to try to entertain the fans at the game and the millions watching it. The Texans certainly weren't doing anything on that end. I don't care if it's 60-0, I don't spend my time and money to see kneel downs. These guys are professionals. They get paid to do this. I find the Texans lack of effort and execution much less classy than anything I've seen from the other side this year.

dalemurphy said:
Grow up! Somebody had to try to entertain the fans at the game and the millions watching it. The Texans certainly weren't doing anything on that end. I don't care if it's 60-0, I don't spend my time and money to see kneel downs. These guys are professionals. They get paid to do this. I find the Texans lack of effort and execution much less classy than anything I've seen from the other side this year.

Amen! It is hard to grade bad playing - but I think this game was the worst ever in a season filled with worst ever games. Kansas is good - but they are no Indianapolis or Seattle. The score should have been much closer.....Shoulda, woulda, coulda........:crying:

Doom Capers said:
How classy was it of the Chiefs to throw a td while they were up by like 30, with 4 minutes to go? Did they actually had a chance to come back still? Come on.

qq, it's the point of the game, like it or... bye bye :)

Doom Capers said:

Put the shoe on the other foot. Still a class problem?

I don't think so. The point of the game is to score, and not stop if you get X amount ahead of the opponent. Is it KC's problem that they could run circles (or TDs) around us last night? No...and you expect them to stop out of courtesy? Pahlease!

It doesn't even matter. Run or pass they would have scored anyway. You can't run backwards, then you make a mockery out of the team (same differnce I guess huh?). The main things is this... It's not their problem, if we don't like it... STOP THEM!

How can any team not run up the score on such an inempt defense such as the Texans. Most teams can score at will against them and do not have to try and run up the score.

Doom Capers said:

It's pretty limp wristed to blame KC for running up the score! Direct your anger in the Texan's direction for putting such a lousy team out on the field. Worried about the score...play better D and don't fault the other team for making you look or feel bad!

It's not about running up the score. It's about stepping on the neck of your opponent and breaking his spirit. KC was professional in their ruthless pursuit of points. That is their mission. The Texan's defense failed in their mission to stop that attack.

Just to put the absolute failure of the Texans into perspective:

Last week KC scored 3 against Buffalo.

Last night they scored 45 against the Texans.

Heck, that does not matter. We probably had a better shot scoring after they scored anyway.

Maybe they weren't trying to run up the score. They just knew we can stop the run, and they were scoring really fast by running the ball. Perhaps they were trying not to score by passing the ball a few times.......lol

Back