Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Running Game & Other Takes on Saints Game

maddogmrb

Rookie
I didn't get to see the Saints game until this mornings replay on NFLN.

Our running game looked as good as the blocking which speaks well for the system. When the blocking was good the RB was good. When the blocking wasn't good the RB didn't gain yards. Pretty simple. I was impressed with Slaton but he had better blocking than the others. Slaton also did an excellent job blocking in the backfield. Taylor and Brown looked just fine when the blocking was there. The Saints #1 DL faired better overall than our #1 OL. Our #2 OL faired better than the Saints #2 DL.

Matt Schaub was impressive as were our receivers and our #81 is poised to be an elite TE in the league.

Duane Brown appears to be the real deal. He and Winston will hopefully anchor our tackles for the next decade.

Vonta Leach looked good.

Eslinger looked good as #2 center.

Our defense is mediocre, at best.

I really like Antwan Molden.

The Jacoby fumble on the end around was more the QB's fault than Jacoby's. Brink put the ball in his chest with a little too much force and it bounced off his pads. He's supposed to slip the ball firmly into his gut. Jacoby needs some reps and a few good things to happen to get his confidence back. He has too much talent to give up on.

I don't agree with Eslinger looking good.

But I kinda agree with everything else you've got there.

When I watched that game, I was thinking, "that's why Chris Brown gets hurt all the time...... he has no clue he's about to get hit."

There were two, maybe three(I can't remember) pretty good hits he took, and you can tell he never saw the guy coming. You know how they say you've got to keep your head on a swivel?? His head doesn't have a swivel.... he sees a whole, and he's going to run straight for it. He doesn't see that guy about to blindside him....... and viola, you've got an injury that might not have happened, if he saw it early enough, to protect himself(or better yet, get out of the way).

I don't agree with Eslinger looking good.

But I kinda agree with everything else you've got there.

When I watched that game, I was thinking, "that's why Chris Brown gets hurt all the time...... he has no clue he's about to get hit."

There were two, maybe three(I can't remember) pretty good hits he took, and you can tell he never saw the guy coming. You know how they say you've got to keep your head on a swivel?? His head doesn't have a swivel.... he sees a whole, and he's going to run straight for it. He doesn't see that guy about to blindside him....... and viola, you've got an injury that might not have happened, if he saw it early enough, to protect himself(or better yet, get out of the way).

I agree on Eslinger. That guy was getting blasted off the line more times than not. One of Slaton's longest runs was almost stopped in the back field due to Eslinger getting blasted so far off the LOS. Slaton bounced off the back of Ez and took off. If it were Dayne running the ball, Ez would've been carted off the field.

I agree on Eslinger. That guy was getting blasted off the line more times than not. One of Slaton's longest runs was almost stopped in the back field due to Eslinger getting blasted so far off the LOS. Slaton bounced off the back of Ez and took off. If it were Dayne running the ball, Ez would've been carted off the field.

I concur.

:includeme:

Back