Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Roy Williams Bitching and Moaning

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
This guys has perfected the art of acting like you are a team guy but saying negative stuff and bitching and moaning. I swear I knew there was an issue when he was on Team TO last year. I get that Romo hasn't been accurate at times but they are doing well a as team so just work it out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4622709

IRVING, Texas -- Roy Williams remains the Dallas Cowboys' No. 1 receiver, at least in his mind.

After putting in a lot of extra offseason work with quarterback Tony Romo, Williams is stunned they haven't made more progress.

"It's just not even close," Williams said. "It's not even funny. Not even close."

Williams does not believe his poor production accurately portrays his performance.

"I'm the No. 1 receiver," Williams said. "But things are just going No. 2's way."

The No. 2 is Miles Austin, who has produced like a Pro Bowler since moving into the starting lineup. Austin has set an NFL record with 482 yards in his first three starts, scoring on five of his 21 receptions during that span.

"He gets the ball thrown correctly his way," Williams said of Austin. "I'm stretching and falling and doing everything. Everybody [else] who's been here's balls are there. Our footballs [from Romo to Williams] are everywhere right now."

This is from a few weeks ago..

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...etimes-you.html

He was then asked about his one-year anniversary with the Cowboys and how he assessed his time with Dallas since being traded from Detroit at the trade deadline a year ago this week.

"It's OK. Very average, if not below average in my opinion. My thing is I do what I'm supposed to do, and I've been patient this year. It's one of those things," Williams said

"You hope that you don't have to do it, but sometimes you have to dial 9-11 and I'm waiting on 911 to be dialed up. 9-11 refers to Romo and myself and not the emergency situation," Williams added, smiling. "I've been waiting ... I'm just throwing it out today so that some day it will be used again."

Williams said it's taken some time for Tony Romo to get used to him and for him to get used to Romo.

"When I first got here, Tony was used to TO and Witten, and I come in with a different speed, a different body language and he has no clue how I am, so he had to learn that and it was hard for him and it was hard for me," Williams said. "It was hard for me to get 19 balls in a year. It's hard for me right now to have 11 balls in a year. That's why it's just OK.

Are you suprised? They gave up WAY too much to geet him, and got lucky Austin is playing well. Otherwise, they would look pretty awfull.

A little at Williams since they saved him from that hell hole Detroit. Just work through it and play. but overall after he got there and I heard a few pressers I wasn't. Too bad.

As for Austin, he wa sa guy they liked and one reason they got rid of TO. They just now are figuring out how to use him.

Overall I am just happy they are playing better and I wish Williams would just keep working and realize he isn't being persecuted.

I knew it was just a matter of time until we'd hear from this guy.

Dallas always turns into the nighttime soap opera sometime every season.

I knew it was just a matter of time until we'd hear from this guy.

Dallas always turns into the nighttime soap opera sometime every season.

Problem is...the team isn't promoting the soap opera this time. Seems to be his own campaign. They took a guy from Detroit and not he isn't happy with how balls are thrown or being on the same page. Overall he doesn't get separation and doesn't run great routes. So until he does something to warrant getting the ball he won't produce. Which is fine because other guys are and he can be a #2 or #3. At UT he was best at post routes and and even in Detroit it was more of that and lobs in the red zone. He just isn't a guy who is making moves gettng off the ball.

The Roy Williams deal was a joke and one of the worst most ridiculous trades I've seen this entire decade. That deal had bust written all over it.

Austin was a guy that I've said had potential for a while now. I didn't think he could break out like this though and be up there with other elite level WR's like he has. He's done all of this in just a matter of weeks as well.

This also just goes back to the fact of what a joke it was for all of the people that swore that ROmo was awful and needed TO to be a productive QB.

Problem is...the team isn't promoting the soap opera this time. Seems to be his own campaign.

Seems to me that the team never promotes the soap opera unless Jerry's involved.

Last year, it was TO that started the soap opera. I'll never understand why Roy signed on for that one.

Roy caught a TD pass last week. And he fumbled the ball going into the endzone but it was ruled he had the ball over the line before he fumbled.

Eh throw to the guy that can get open. That usually works.

Seems to me that the team never promotes the soap opera unless Jerry's involved.

Last year, it was TO that started the soap opera. I'll never understand why Roy signed on for that one.

Terrell would probably give up a year's salary to be a Cowboy again.

I'm just glad I picked up Austin when he took Roy's spot vs KC. First time I have ever had a Cowboy on my ff team, makes it kinda hard to hate them so much.:thisbig:

Give me a break Roy isn't even good. I call him butter fingers because he drops so many passes that are thrown his way it is not funny. Those draft picks Jerry Jones traded away for Roy were quite absured if you ask me he does not have any right to be bitching and moaning. His team is winning football games without him. So Roy is pissed off because Miles Austin the second option is better than him. Just be happy your team is winning dude and you still have a job with the way you're playing. You say you are the number one wideout then shutup and play like one. You as the number one option should catch passes that aren't quite perfect and you haven't done that so far. It's your job homie. You better learn than before running your mouth on national T.V. face it buddy you are nothing but a bust and a baby now and Dallas is playing well and doesn't have to put up with your baggage so either put up or shutup. What baby and TO 2.0 as far as I am concerned.

Just the other day, someone wrote a puff piece on how RW was doing all the little things right. They made it look like he was content.

Miles Austin is hot right now, but how long will that last? He can be a true pro-bowler, or he can be an also ran. It's too early to tell.

If I were Roy, I'd just play the game..... not take the bait the reporters keep throwing out there... & eventually his talent will show.

It'll show for what it is. If he's all that... we'll see. IF he's not.... at least he's got a bunch of money.

On a day my TV broke, and I have to buy one before Sunday, reading about a Dallas problem softens my bad mood just a tad. :)

Just the other day, someone wrote a puff piece on how RW was doing all the little things right. They made it look like he was content.

Miles Austin is hot right now, but how long will that last? He can be a true pro-bowler, or he can be an also ran. It's too early to tell.

If I were Roy, I'd just play the game..... not take the bait the reporters keep throwing out there... & eventually his talent will show.

It'll show for what it is. If he's all that... we'll see. IF he's not.... at least he's got a bunch of money.
If Miles stays commited during practice he'll only get better just like any other player.

Back