Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Round 3 Commentary Thread

Hulk75 said:
I am telling you now we have a GREAT CHANCE TO TURN this whole thing around.

I am giving the coaching staff and CC/Mr.McNair a lot of PROPS they did a GREAT JOB today, that COULD VERY WELL BE all starters next year this changes everything next year.

I AM PUMPED!
I feel the same way.

I know it is part of the plan to reestablish a line and a good defense. I see us having a .500 season at least the next coming year. I am so freaking pumped up about watching football and the Houston Texans...

mexican_texan said:
I worked on mine through tears last night.

I like it, but Byron looks waaaaaay too skinny.

Yea I know, I might need to move goomba's head up some so I can increase Byron's size. I had to bring it down some to keep it reasonable. I did try to get his manboobs in the picture though.

ledzeppelin269 said:
Yea I know, I might need to move goomba's head up some so I can increase Byron's size. I had to bring it down some to keep it reasonable. I did try to get his manboobs in the picture though.

Speakin' of Man-Boobs, does Byron still have the best set in the NFL, or does Lendale lay claim to the title.

Hulk75 said:
I am telling you now we have a GREAT CHANCE TO TURN this whole thing around.

I am giving the coaching staff and CC/Mr.McNair a lot of PROPS they did a GREAT JOB today, that COULD VERY WELL BE all starters next year this changes everything next year.

I AM PUMPED!

Hulk I know you were a RB guy but I think it is cool that you have got on board.

I agree this was an awesome day for Texans football.

Hoth-Boy said:
Speakin' of Man-Boobs, does Byron still have the best set in the NFL, or does Lendale lay claim to the title.

They're going to have a wet t-shirt contest when the Titans visit Jax to decide...Tickets are on sale at Alltel Stadium and ticketmaster.com...

Hoth-Boy said:
Yeah, how many scouts told him to wear a bra? Before his weight gain.

from nfl.com- just a little bit on our least known pick

15. Charles Spencer, Pittsburgh (6-4¾, 352; 5.33)
Had a complete workout at the Combine. His 40 times were 5.28 and 5.35, 4.64 short shuttle and 7.74 cone drill. He also had a 27½-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-3 broad jump and did 30 lifts. Played both offensive and defensive line in high school. Started three years in basketball and played tight end in prep school. Redshirted in 2001, played defensive line in 2002 and 2003. Started 12 games at offensive guard in 2004. Started 11 games at left tackle in 2005. He's best suited at guard in the NFL. Has long arms (33 5/8). Has played on the offensive line for only two years. Not a lot of lower-body strength. Needs to be meaner; too nice. Has the size you want for the guard position.

I guess I'm just not as sold on him as they are.

But they get paid for it and I don't, so I guess I'll let them do their thing.

bout time they made some good choices. now with those 2 oline men maybe we can do some damage. especially because we have flanagn at c. now david carr can throw to his 2 top receivers in johnson and moulds and continue to get the ball to davis. we can even throw to a good te. i just hope williams can help the dl . let's go texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Texans have made awesome improvements to the team. Both on defense and offense. I'm glad they focused on defense early, given that they got some offense through FA.

I'm really excited about this pick.

CaptainPatriot said:
both O-Line men are ranked 3rd at their postion on scout.com

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=3

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=6

Texans needed a pass rusher BAD!!! And some O-line men. Looks like the have done good so far!!

:redtowel:

What I like about Winston's profile:

Biography:
Held down a little bit as a draft prospect as he continued to recovered from 2004's knee injury. Bounced back during the course of the year and was named to the AFCA All-American team. Strong pass blocker who allowed just a half-sack all season. :redtowel:

hadaad said:
Receiver for the Browns. Too bad -- they need a QB.

Charlie Frye had a decent rookie season so they're not too bad.

but it just got me thinking- would we be interested in a wr in the 4th(if we trade down)- theres a few nice 1's still out there-stovall,aromashuda etc. theres been very few taken so far actually but do we need another guy for slot competition etc

ps who are the best rb's left- that may be our pick also

Ibar_Harry said:
The only choice I have questions about is our 2nd round pick. I worry about his speed. But who am I to say.

I doubt his speed will be an issue...

Anybody who has been compared to Ray Lewis is fine by me...

I don't think either Bing or Simpson will be available for our 4th rounder.

I'd love to see it, though.

Sarg's Best Available (for the Texans):

1. FS Ko Simpson...2. SS Darnell Bing...3. WR Martin Nance...4. WR Derek Hagan...5. FS Pat Watkins...6. TE Dominique Byrd...7. WR Maurice Stovall...8. CB Dee Webb...9. WR Demetrius Williams...10. TE David Thomas

Hulk75 said:
4.6 aint bad for weakside.

From what I understand while Mr. Ryans may not have the speed he is full of the intangables, football knowledge and is a leader on the field, something our D sorely needs...

killerklown24 said:
We need one of the Safeties available...Bing or Simpson!!!!!

bing isnt what we're looking for-bad coverage skills- he's a bit like thomas davis from last year-Ko ,Watkins and Smith are who we should be looking out for

I'm praying for Ko in the 4th...

I thought he'd be a steal at 33, so for him to be available at 98 is unfathomable...

Sarg01 said:
Sarg's Best Available (for the Texans):

1. FS Ko Simpson...2. SS Darnell Bing...3. WR Martin Nance...4. WR Derek Hagan...5. FS Pat Watkins...6. TE Dominique Byrd...7. WR Maurice Stovall...8. CB Dee Webb...9. WR Demetrius Williams...10. TE David Thomas

i suppose scott is now out of the reckoning. kai parham may be a nice mlb to pick up. bad(terrible to be honest-4.9/5)) 40 but continually impressive on film and scout say he plays faster than measured

Hoth-Boy said:
Wow, I quess Ko's 10 on the Wunderlic isn't detering y'all.

Honestly, no...

Wonderlic's are really only pertinent when discussing QBs, OL, and sometimes LB...

On average DBs and RBs usually have the lowest Wonderlics, so it's no big deal...

killerklown24 said:
No way...we are better than the Titans, thats for sure...
Didn't I hear this during the draft last year? I think it will be 2007 before we can really compete.:twocents: Not trying to be negative, just being realistic. The Titans had a pretty good draft today. I am willing to bet Vince plays at least one game next year.

I still have Scott, Parham, Wilkenson, DE Anderson and LB Havner rated above the last of those 10, but the Texans no longer need them having drafted players there already.

Hoth-Boy said:
Wow, I quess Ko's 10 on the Wunderlic isn't detering y'all.

its the 4th round- he plays FS-its fairly simple. its not like he got 6 and he plays in a position where mental awareness is vital-like a qb or something, and hes a really high pick:spy:

just stirring-but the 1st part was serious

IF you can somehow take Bush out of the picture, I have to say Great draft so far. :yahoo:

If Allen Zemaitis somehow makes it out of this round, I would pee in my pants. :redtowel:

Sarg01 said:
I still have Scott, Parham, Wilkenson, DE Anderson and LB Havner rated above the last of those 10, but the Texans no longer need them having drafted players there already.

oh crap yeah, good point, i forgot all about gerris- he's another 1 to watch

Back