Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Roof Status?

When do they announce whether or not the roof will be open for tomorrow's game?

I only get to go once a year and tomorrow is it and was wondering if it will be cool enough for the roof to be open.

I am thinking not since the high is supposed to be on the mid 80's and their policy states is has to be between 50 and 80 at game time.

I can't wait!
:wild:

Pesonally, I wish they'd weld that sucker shut. I lik having a loud stadium.

It is nice to have a home-field advantage like that.

But football was meant to be played outdoors. Picture-perfect days like today (and tomorrow) are what football fans (and players) live for.

Weather.com has the temperature at noon 80° and rising. So, bet on the roof being closed.

I'd like for the roof to be open. But then, my seats aren't in the direct sun. I can understand why those folks would prefer the roof closed.

But football was meant to be played outdoors. Picture-perfect days like today (and tomorrow) are what football fans (and players) live for.

That's what road games are for. Denver on Dec 26th!

thank you. i am the same way. i bet any amount of the money the ppl complaining about the temp in the stadium stand out in hundred degree weather and tailgate. we never get weather this great very often, open the roof and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks for the link, Stemp - I'll check again before I leave.

I have only been there once with the roof open and it was a cold Monday-night game - great weather!

With the lower humidities we have been having I would think it would be nice to have the roof open tomorrow but it will be great either way - just happy to be getting to go and enjoy it in person!
:fans:

thank you. i am the same way. i bet any amount of the money the ppl complaining about the temp in the stadium stand out in hundred degree weather and tailgate. we never get weather this great very often, open the roof and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!1

It's 84 degrees outside at 2:23pm as I write this post. It's a spectacular day and, clearly, the noise in the stadium hasn't done diddly to help the good guys win.

Is 84 degrees really too much to bear? Especially when the humidity isn't a factor?

I just can't believe Houston paid all that money for a state of the art retractable roof and then we leave the damned thing closed all the time. Silly.

Back