Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rob Ryan May be Available

Changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 assuming that is what Ryan would want to run would set the team back another year or two while the personnel changed over and learnt the system.

I would rather Kubiak and Smith bring in an established 4-3 DC and use what talent we have. Let's be honest our best defensive talent is in the front 7 and suited to the 4-3 best.

I know, but thinking about it...how much more set back can you be with the 31st overall defense...

It was much better last year with basically the same personnel and staff minus a few DBs. Maybe it is secondary talent that is needed most not coaching changes.

It was much better last year with basically the same personnel and staff minus a few DBs. Maybe it is secondary talent that is needed most not coaching changes.

You say it like it's so minor....

Those few DB's seemed to have made a big difference...

The Texans DB's havent been very good but they havent gotten much help either.

The LB's couldnt cover a baby with a blanket much less a RB or TE.

0k0ye doesnt have the ability to push / collapse the pocket. The scheme also asks him to penetrate rather than push .... this is probably the single biggest issue with this defense.

The coaching staff cant seem to get the DB's to solve the problem of getting beaten between the zones - How many times have we seen recievers make plays behind the LB and in front of the CB or behind the CB in front of the safety ?
Teams flat out manipulate the Texans zone into favorable positions with some very well designed and precisely run routes. Add that to the ability of the QB to step up at will in the pocket and you get the results we have seen all season long.

As for Ryan , he doesnt strictly use a 3-4 , you often see his defense line up in a 46 or 4-3. He comes up with some nice wrinkles .... I wouldnt mind seeing him as the Texans DC but I kinda think he ends up in Dallas if is let go.

No my point is, that the coaching staff we have in place and the system two years ago looked solid and competitive.

Personal decisions have made things go backwards not coaching itself.

No my point is, that the coaching staff we have in place and the system two years ago looked solid and competitive.

Personal decisions have made things go backwards not coaching itself.

Not arguing about the coaching, but let's be honest, our strength of schedule last year had alot to do with our "apparent" success.

I'd love to have Rob Ryan as our HC but he's by far the last guy our "sweet cheecks" owner would touch. Won't ever happen.

Changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 assuming that is what Ryan would want to run would set the team back another year or two while the personnel changed over and learnt the system.

I would rather Kubiak and Smith bring in an established 4-3 DC and use what talent we have. Let's be honest our best defensive talent is in the front 7 and suited to the 4-3 best.

Didn't Ryan coach the Raiders who were a 4-3 base defense? If so, Ryan would be a good hire because he can run different schemes with success.

BS

This defense cant be set back any further than they already are.

They are historically bad. Anything would be an upgrade.

Rob Ryan would bring a toughness that this defense is currently lacking.

I dont think so - they have the LB's to make it work. You could move MW or Barwin to an OLB spot with Cushing , Sharpton and most likely Ryans at the other three LB spots.
They could probably make better use of MW in this scheme to boot ....

0k0ye and Antonio Smith as your DE's - the only thing missing in the front 7 is the prototype 3-4 NT in the middle. 0k0ye may actually be better suited for that than the 4-3 DT.

Set what back? There is no step below Texans D 2010. The only progress that could be inhibited would be that of Quin, but then who knows if he pulls a Fred Bennett next year.

Back