Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rivers signs with Oakland

No big loss here. We have our big blocker in Bruneur(sp) and our recieving threat in Putz and our rookie (cant remember his name). I watched too many balls hit him in the hands and then sorrowfully fall to the groung well past the first down marker. Make you want to :shots:

TexanFan881 said:
We just drafted Daniels and we've already got Bruener, Putzier, and Joppru so it doesn't matter.

Does Joppru count? He's been hurt since he got drafted. I'd like to see who plays in the NFL first, Joppru or Kellen Winslow. I do hope Joppru does get to play though. I can't imagine being hurt for 3 straight years. The guy isn't a quitter that's for sure. I don't care about Winslow though. I remember some stupid comment he made while at Miami talking about how they are soldiers or something out on the field. At least we have a classy Miami guy in AJ.

Matt Murphy apeears on the outs as well. Houstontexans.com has him on the roster as #79, and he was #81 last year if I recall... Owen Daniels is the new #81.

No big loss, but a sign of things with regards to TE.

i say thats a good thing...i believe he really camr into his own towatrds the end of last season and deserved to get picked up.

Just to let you MB guys know, Marcellus Rivers just signed a one-year deal w/ the Raiders according to ESPN's website. I'm too lazy to post a link, but it's one of the headlines on the NFL page at ESPN.com.

Back