Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Richie Ross?

I see we just signed a 6'4 WR out of Nebraska-Kerney

Could he be fast and good enough to make himself a starter on our team.
Maybe even put up numbers like Randy Moss.
Take away his R and put an M and hes the next Richie Moss.

Like I said earlier could this guy move up to starter since Jerome Mathis will miss sometime because of his motorcycle accident.

DominickDavisFan76 said:

Like I said earlier could this guy move up to starter since Jerome Mathis will miss sometime because of his motorcycle accident.

He was undrafted for a reason, and he will probably be practice squad material because AJ and Moulds will start with Walter at 3 and Armstrong at 4, Mathis at 5 and maybe Anderson at 6 if we keep 6. I just don't see any room for him on the roster.

Trust me if he's good enough they will def. make room for him. I hope he can play good like Moss. I hope we add lots of GOOD depth to our receiviong core.

I mean if the only reason that I thought we could get into the rotation is because, T.O

Yes we all know Terrell Owens, maybe the best WR in the NFL

Does anyone know what Round he was taken in????

No..............

2nd or 3rd.

The best WR in the NFL was taken in the 2nd just because he went to Tennessee-Chattanooga, and Richie Ross went to Nebraska-Kerney so, just remember kids "Anything is possible."

TexanFan80 said:
2nd or 3rd to not getting drafted at all is a big difference buddy

So u dont think this guy will do good at all??

and another example

Matt Hasselbeck, getting taken in the 6th round

6 years later, Playing in the Super Bowl.. say something now u :loser

So dont say that their isnt a chance

DominickDavisFan76 said:

and another example

You can get better value at QB than WR in the late rounds of the draft considering there are a lot more WRs than QBs.

TexanFan80 said:
yes but the odds are against him, there hasnt been that many great players not drafted say something now u :loser

I agree that the odds are against him, however...

Rod Smith - Undrafted FA - 1994 - 11th Pro season - 3 Pro Bowls - 108 consecutive games with a reception - 3 catches shy of being the only undrafted free agent with 800 career receptions.

I am a completely different loser than the one you were replying to, and am not responding for him or any other loser. I just thought I'd throw a fun fact at ya.

DominickDavisFan76 said:

And I'm the fairy Godmother. :pigfly:

From the Dallas Morning News's preview of the WR's before the draft...

MOST PRODUCTIVE: Richie Ross was an all-state high school basketball player in Lincoln, Neb., who went to South Dakota to play college ball. After one year there, he transferred home to Nebraska-Kearney and began playing football. He wound up starting all four seasons at wide receiver, earning All-Rocky Mountain Athletic honors three times and NCAA Division II All-America honors twice. He's the most productive receiver in this draft, with 279 career catches for 4,882 yards, 50 touchdowns and 18 100-yard games.

http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/d...ories/041606dnspodraftreceivers.375ef99b.html

DominickDavisFan76 said:

and another example

You forgot Tom Brady and Terrell Davis...I believe both of them MIGHT have won a Super Bowl or two. But you might not have heard of them...

Master Po said:
From the Dallas Morning News's preview of the WR's before the draft...

MOST PRODUCTIVE: Richie Ross was an all-state high school basketball player in Lincoln, Neb., who went to South Dakota to play college ball. After one year there, he transferred home to Nebraska-Kearney and began playing football. He wound up starting all four seasons at wide receiver, earning All-Rocky Mountain Athletic honors three times and NCAA Division II All-America honors twice. He's the most productive receiver in this draft, with 279 career catches for 4,882 yards, 50 touchdowns and 18 100-yard games.

http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/d...ories/041606dnspodraftreceivers.375ef99b.html

So someone come and honestly say he wont get a chance.

DominickDavisFan76 said:

Starter? There are only 2 "starters" and he isn't going to AJ or Moulds' job in this lifetime.

I asked Shanahan Jr. about Mathis' accident on draft day. It was mostly scrapes and bruises, nothing structural.

FYI Ross ran his 40 in the 4.6 range so comparisons to Moss are not very applicable. There is definitely a chance he could be a solid player, but there were several big WRs in the draft that were better, so I'm not counting on him producing much if he even makes the squad, but if he does it's a nice little bonus for us.

Position: WR
Class: 6Sr
School: Nebraska-Kearney
Conference: Rocky Mountain
Ht., Wt.: 6-4, 209
40 Time: 4.68

Grading System

BIO: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference honors since his junior campaign. Named All-American last year. Senior totals were 87/1,360/19 after 75/1,482/12 the prior year.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized pass catcher with natural receiving skills. Displays good eye/hand coordination and makes the difficult, over-the-shoulder-reception downfield. Gets vertical adjusting to the errant throw and extends to make the reception from his frame. Plays with outstanding body control.

NEGATIVES: Lacks top-end speed and does not get separation down the field. Not an aggressive or voluntary blocker. Must improve his route-running skills.

ANALYSIS: Sized well and possessing natural hands, Ross has an opportunity to be a fourth receiver in a West Coast offense.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47973.html

I wish him the best of luck..

Yea, this guys a lock to be amazing, most teams just passed on him so they could say we passed on the great Richie Ross :brickwall

The guy will get as much of a chance as any other undrafted free agent, but i think its a little early to be making Randy Moss, T.O., or Rod Smith references.............

Richie Ross may have had a great college career, but it doesn't always mean he will have a good pro career, case in point. There were hundreds of scouts and all 32 teams evaluating every single player available, and I think there is a reason why he wasn't drafted by a team. I don't think some undrafted free agent can come in here and even be a #4 WR. If an undrafted free agent can do that, it just shows the lack of WRs on that team, and I don't think we have that here. David Anderson is a better player than Richie Ross so at best he would be the #7 WR, and teams don't keep 7 WRs on there team, if you don't get the point...

Back