Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Reggie's mess: a scandal we don't need...

Koolaid Time

Drink Up!
I don't care if Reggie Bush is the "second coming" of Gayle Sayers or the second coming of our Lord and my personal savior Jesus Christ...

Reggie is hauling alot of baggage and his mess is a big scandal in the making... A scandal that the Houston Texans don't need.

You think Reggie can give 110% with all this controversy??? Reggie may be in trouble himself, based upon possible misrepresentations he might have made in documents filed with the NFLPA and NFL.

Look at the news wires tonight...

Reggie had an agent lined up in December 2005 in New York to sell his autographed footballs and jerseys...

Reggie knew his parents didn't pay rent on the house in San Diego....

Reggie's NCAA Rules Violations may cause USC to forfeit all their wins in the past two seasons, including their National Championships. This is bad as SMU back in the mid 1980's...

Reggie Bush is trouble in the making. He might have all this talent, but he is hoked up with some sleezeballs... I don't blame McNair for passing on him

The issue had nothing to do with his character however. And rumor has it that the agent for New Era Sports (the company that paid for the house) said that if he didn't sign with him then he would reveal personal information about him. I don't think this is that big of an issue. If it were involving cheating on exams and such, then yes, I would have been worried. But if it does follow him around, it'll be with the Saints. I hope it doesn't though. The Saints have already had enough crap to deal with the last year. They don't need a big, controversial issue such as this.

I'll say this about Reggie. I heard his interview after he was drafted and he said he was excited about going to New Orleans and doing community service to help. That was very classy. Best of luck to Reggie.

Koolaid Time said:
I don't care if Reggie Bush is the "second coming" of Gayle Sayers or the second coming of our Lord and my personal savior Jesus Christ...

Reggie is hauling alot of baggage and his mess is a big scandal in the making... A scandal that the Houston Texans don't need.

You think Reggie can give 110% with all this controversy??? Reggie may be in trouble himself, based upon possible misrepresentations he might have made in documents filed with the NFLPA and NFL.

Reggie had an agent lined up in December 2005 in New York to sell his autographed footballs and jerseys...

Reggie's NCAA Rules Violations may cause USC to forfeit all their wins in the past two seasons, including their National Championships. This is bad as SMU back in the mid 1980's...

Reggie Bush is trouble in the making. He might have all this talent, but he is hoked up with some sleezeballs... I don't blame McNair for passing on him

This in addition to the football facts makes Williams a good choice.

I wonder if anyone in NO will wake up in a couple of mornings .... grab thier head and whisper "What did we do?" silently to themselves?

Koolaid Time said:

Trying to justify the Texans decision and make yourself beleive it was good to pass on him??

Oilers/Texans said:
Trying to justify the Texans decision and make yourself beleive it was good to pass on him??

This among many other reasons already thoroughly discussed.

Brandon420tx said:
I wonder if anyone in NO will wake up in a couple of mornings .... grab thier head and whisper "What did we do?" silently to themselves?

They will do that -- as soon as they get a call from McAllister/his agent.

TexanSam said:
The issue had nothing to do with his character however. And rumor has it that the agent for New Era Sports (the company that paid for the house) said that if he didn't sign with him then he would reveal personal information about him. I don't think this is that big of an issue. If it were involving cheating on exams and such, then yes, I would have been worried. But if it does follow him around, it'll be with the Saints. I hope it doesn't though. The Saints have already had enough crap to deal with the last year. They don't need a big, controversial issue such as this.

I'll say this about Reggie. I heard his interview after he was drafted and he said he was excited about going to New Orleans and doing community service to help. That was very classy. Best of luck to Reggie.

The whole story has yet to come out. This is liable to get really messy. This plus all the other football reasons for not picking Bush will make the pick look even better than it looks right now.

TexanSam said:

According to NCAA rules, Bush AND his family are not supposed to have ANY contact with ANY agents, or accept ANY benefits in any way shape or form while Reggie is still playing football for USC.

Reggie clearly broke this rule...

I don't mind the kid wanting the money... this is his life dream.. he hit the "Jackpot".....

But when Reggie's parents get involved with these "sleezeball" agents who resort to blackmail, and later when Reggie met with these "agents" after they made their threats to his family last month (instead of immediately calling NFL Security and informing them of the matter)...

Reggie became damaged goods.. just as if he blew out a knee....

Agreed KT. We don't need anymore win-suck energy surrounding this team. We're on the path to bigger and better times ahead.

Bobo said:
The whole story has yet to come out. This is liable to get really messy. This plus all the other football reasons for not picking Bush will make the pick look even better than it looks right now.

You are right... and its getting messier by the minute....

And by the way, how can the Saints even afford paying Bush what he wants, and pay the overpriced running back they already have?

I don't think it will come to this but if his Heisman and USC victories are taken off the records books it would be a mess that could affexct the rest of his career. Heck, maybe it will and we won't look so stupid in the end.

Koolaid Time said:

Anyway.

The Texans made a good pick.

its only one player in USC that had this kind of help...if they find out about other players getting this help then it will be a problem.

I dont blame Bush either if some guy was telling u that i'll give ur parents a house to stay in if u play great football this year and market me u would do it too.

None of this will have any impact on his NFL career. It would have if all this had come out his sophomore year but he is out of college and in the NFL now. None of that matters to any proteams now. If Ray Lewis beat a murder rap(while in the NFL) and was able to be extreme sucessful afterwards, then Reggie Bush will be fine in the pros.

Remember: production cures all ailments.

Koolaid Time said:

Reggie could care less about all this at this point. He says himself, he's just ready to play football. I'm sure he will have plenty of money to settle this case... I'm sure its quite a pain in the ***, but I doubt it would be a distraction...

Back