Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reggie bush?

While he may not be faster than Mathis, Vick, or DeAngelo Hall, what makes Reggie Bush so dangerous isn't just his pure speed. It is his ability to make cuts and moves while at full speed and his acceleration. Reggie has unbelievable body control and can make crazy moves while keeping his balance and remaining at full speed.

tulexan said:
While he may not be faster than Mathis, Vick, or DeAngelo Hall, what makes Reggie Bush so dangerous isn't just his pure speed. It is his ability to make cuts and moves while at full speed and his acceleration. Reggie has unbelievable body control and can make crazy moves while keeping his balance and remaining at full speed.

I agree with your take on Bush.

THIS!
12825RBushTexan.jpg

tulexan said:

Reggie has a strong, compact upper torso! what throws everyone off is the fact his legs are disproportionately long in relation to his body, giving him WR speed with the timing, strength & agility of a RB.

I have tried to keep away from this topic until he officially declares his intentions (shortly after the Rose Bowl) we should also know by then what draft pick the Texans have then we can discuss what to do.

Somehow all of this hype reminds me of Sean Taylor. Don't you wish we had Taylor instead of Dunte? :brickwall

The Texans will probably win 3 more games and drop out of the first pick. Just you wait and see.

Except mirrored visors are now illegal in the NFL. In fact to get a tinted visor you need to have a doctor's note.

Coach C. said:
wow. It was VY that was god on this board and now it is Reggie Bush who is. This is a weird thing that people dont understand about the NFL. You are not going up against a team that has 5 maybe 6 stars that might make the NFL anymore, you are going against the best of the best. Bush is fast, but he is not faster than Vick, Mathis, or even Deangelo Hall. There are countless LBs that will catch Bush in the NFL. He will not be able to dance in the backfield anymore. Don't get me wrong Bush is a good player and he should have a good career, when I see him play I think of Warrick Dunn. He is close to the same size at 5-11 190lbs. I think he will be that type of pro, with more long runs. Remember W. Dunn is a multiple time Pro-Bowler.

?? Bush is one of the fastest players ive ever seen, hes easily as fast as vick, if not faster. Hall's speed is extremely overrated, moss can attest to that. If he gets to the corner, no LB in the nfl will touch him, i can promise that.

I didnt buy into the hype for a while, but his past 2 games... the moves and speed have been mind blowing.

he isnt 5-11 190, hes 6-0 200 with a frame that can add a little weigth without losing much speed.

Reggie looks fat in that picture.

We don't need one of those backs with weight issues.

Seriously. That's a huge belly.

I am not aware of any rule governing what number a player can wear based on his position, but there could be one.

MorKnolle said:
I am not aware of any rule governing what number a player can wear based on his position, but there could be one.

when was the last time you saw a linemen wearing a single digit #?

the rules as far as i understand them, i could be leaving some out or just be wrong:

0-19: QB, P, K, WR
20-39: RB, FB
20-49: CB, FS, SS
40-59: LB, FB,
60-79: OL, DL
80-89: WR, TE
90-99: DL
100+: Refs

from my understanding, if bush was to play rb AND wr, he could then wear #5 at the pro level.

I haven't seen it but I don't think there is any rule against it, just that those are the normal numbers. WRs never used to have anything outside of the 80s but there are numerous in the teens now. There are some LBs in the 90s too and some OL in the 50s. Like I said, there could be a rule on it but I've never heard of one.

MorKnolle said:
I haven't seen it but I don't think there is any rule against it, just that those are the normal numbers. WRs never used to have anything outside of the 80s but there are numerous in the teens now. There are some LBs in the 90s too and some OL in the 50s. Like I said, there could be a rule on it but I've never heard of one.

There are actual rules for numbers. For some time period Keyshawn was paying a fine each game. About 2 years ago the liberalized the rules some for when a set of numbers ran out, so for instance WR's could have teens if all the 80's were taken up by WR's, TE's, etc.

Remember years ago when Brian Bosworth made a big stink about wanting to wear his college number #44 for the Seahawks? He had to settle for #55 and Bo Jackson running him over for a TD.

infantrycak said:
There are actual rules for numbers. For some time period Keyshawn was paying a fine each game. About 2 years ago the liberalized the rules some for when a set of numbers ran out, so for instance WR's could have teens if all the 80's were taken up by WR's, TE's, etc.

Keyshawn did not have to pay a fine. I just saw a piece on this on Cold Pizza. Like you said, all of the 80's were taken so he was allowed to use 19.

As such, we have to overstock on DBs and RBs if we are to accomodate for the needs of the next great player!

Everyone here keep's talking about "Reggie can't carry 25 times", that he's "To small to be an NFL back". Bullocks. Two of the top four backs in the NFL this year are smaller - Barber 5'11, 200 and Dunn 5'9, 180. So by everyone heres measure those two are to small to be NFL backs, someone should have told them that a few thousand yard seasons ago, saved them wasting their time trying. Reggie, Reggie, Reggie.

YoungTexanFan said:
when was the last time you saw a linemen wearing a single digit #?

the rules as far as i understand them, i could be leaving some out or just be wrong:

0-19: QB, P, K, WR
20-39: RB, FB
20-49: CB, FS, SS
40-59: LB, FB,
60-79: OL, DL
80-89: WR, TE
90-99: DL
100+: Refs

from my understanding, if bush was to play rb AND wr, he could then wear #5 at the pro level.
That's pretty close.

QBs: 1-19
RBs/FBs: 20-49
TEs: 40-49, 80-89
WRs: 10-19, 80-89 (Not allowed to wear single digits)
OLs: 50-79 (Only Cs can wear 50-59)
DLs: 50-79
LBs: 50-59, 90-99
DBs: 20-49
Ks/Ps: 1-19

It'd be cool to see them allow RBs/WRs to wear single digits though.

Huge said:
That's pretty close.

QBs: 1-19
RBs/FBs: 20-49
TEs: 40-49, 80-89
WRs: 10-19, 80-89 (Not allowed to wear single digits)
OLs: 50-79 (Only Cs can wear 50-59)
DLs: 50-79
LBs: 50-59, 90-99
DBs: 20-49
Ks/Ps: 1-19

It'd be cool to see them allow RBs/WRs to wear single digits though.

DL can be in the 90s too (Peppers, Freeney...)

Not that any smart team would use a #1 pick for KR/PR duties, but this Bush is king at everything including KR/PR stuff is out of control. Bush is 40th in college ball at punt returns averaging 9.9 ypr and doesn't even sniff the top 50 at kick returns averaging 17 ypr--heck his long KR is 30--that is basically the same thing Mathis averages.

infantrycak said:
Not that any smart team would use a #1 pick for KR/PR duties, but this Bush is king at everything including KR/PR stuff is out of control. Bush is 40th in college ball at punt returns averaging 9.9 ypr and doesn't even sniff the top 50 at kick returns averaging 17 ypr--heck his long KR is 30--that is basically the same thing Mathis averages.

The man doesn't get the chances anymore. People are either kicking away from him or just not scoring enough against SC to give him the opportunities. Put the ball in his Hand and look at the difference. I think I saw top five in most categories on an ESPN broadcast. What were his stats last year?

texplayer2 is right. Teams are kicking the kickoffs really high and short so that they have time to get down to him, they are either punting it out of bounds or again high and short to force him to fair catch it or have no room to run. Look at the way USC took Maurice Drew out of the kick and punt return game, that is the same thing that is happening to Reggie.

gg no re said:
As such, we have to overstock on DBs and RBs if we are to accomodate for the needs of the next great player!

The problem is they are not producing, so why not try and go get another RB, or CB?:texflag:

tulexan said:
texplayer2 is right. Teams are kicking the kickoffs really high and short so that they have time to get down to him, they are either punting it out of bounds or again high and short to force him to fair catch it or have no room to run.
Teams tried kicking away from Hester and Drew as well but that didn't stop them from making plays. I agree teams have made adjustments in order to hold Bush in check but you're kidding yourself if you think he's the only player that's had this happen to him.

tulexan said:
Look at the way USC took Maurice Drew out of the kick and punt return game, that is the same thing that is happening to Reggie.
USC took Drew's punt return game away by not punting the ball at all that day. Not every team has the luxury of having such a good offense that their punter is not needed some days.

I just do not get why these "experts" keep saying that the Texans will be dumb not to get him. Why do we need another "not-so-every down" RB? Wells and Davis seem to complement each other nicely.

Will Bush really help Carr with the OL problems? NO!

I think this is the year that the team MUST select a top OL. There are several top quality OL in this year's draft....especially OTs.

The RB depth is solid as well if a sleeper is targeted on Day two.

Chicken or the Egg theory applies here. The battles are always won in the trenches....the DL is a problem area as well, and Walker has made his feelings public. The DL & OL need to be addressed this year.

Trading down is also an option for teams that want Bush. Maybe it is all a ploy by Bob & Charlie to get other teams excited about Bush, so that they will find someone to trade with.

THERE IS NO LOGIC WITH SELECTING REGGIE BUSH AFTER DD JUST RESIGNED!!!!

Back