Reggie bush?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by uhcougar08, Nov 15, 2005.

1. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Whats wrong with selecting Bush in the first round, select a tackle in second to play RT, because Pitts is the future LT, and selecting a OC and OG with our 3rd rounders, and go for the BPA at CB, TE, OLB, DT the rest of the draft?

Bullpen Drew likes this.
  2. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

There is nothing wrong with it if it is going to be best for the team. It will be interesting to see if that is how it actually works out.

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Just don't see it. What position is Bush going to play? Is he magically going to become an every down back in the NFL after not doing it in college? He may be the best KR/PR and slot WR ever, but is that worth #1 or #2? Fantastic athlete--just don't see where he fits for that kind of projected cap money.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

We have more than enough running backs. We have a terrible offensive line. Offensive line is clearly our biggest need and when you can get a LT who is in the same conversation as Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, you don't pass him up. All great running backs and quarterbacks need to have a good offensive line. Right now we have a pathetic offensive line.

5. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Maurice Drew is a better PR.

6. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Do yall honestly believe DD is a true running back or is he a system back?
    We have one playmaker on our team and he has been hurt for a few games, why cant we have another?
    DD is not a playmaker and Bush is, I think that is what we need.
    Is DD is so dog gone special, why did we draft a RB in the third round, and isnt DD injury prone just a little bit?

7. infantrycak

You are joking right?--what system is that--we will let you get hit in the back field every other time and let you scratch out a 3.9 yd average up the middle. Great system--and by the way one Bush has never sniffed a carry in.

I don't mind a playmaker or another starting RB. I would love to have had Steven Jackson for instance, but I don't see where Bush fits. He doesn't replace DD because he can't run inside the tackles, even if he is more durable, more explosive, yada yada. You have to have a RB who can consistantly run up the gut for 3 yds. Has Bush every even tried that?

8. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Just because you want Bush, you dont have to talk about DD. I personally dont believe that its a smart pick. First of all a 3rd round offensive lineman wont start his first year, and maybe never, look at Wand. Plus, why would you place a OG at OT just to get an extra RB. Pitts is better at OG, and what people dont understand is that while Bush may be the most exciting player in the draft, Ferguson just may be the best player overall. You can always find skill position players, hey in a few years, Mike Hart, Peterson, and some other backs will come out, but an OT the caliber of Ferguson wont come out again for a while.

9. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

You didnt answer my main question, If DD is so good, why did we draft Morency with our 2nd pick in last years draft?

10. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

DD is a special back in the mold of Tiki Barber with maybe less speed and more power. In a system on a different team he would likely put up better numbers where he was not the focus all the time. So honestly yes I think DD is a true running back. We have a couple of playmakers, but we do not have near the same number as the upper echelon teams.

11. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

depth, and a great 3rd round value.

12. infantrycak

Ummm, because DD gets dinged when run too often, because we wanted consistant (same style) depth, because Morency was BPA, because Casserly has anal cranial insertion, etc....do I need more?

13. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Thank You, I just wanted an opionion, not start a war. Im not saying DD is terrible, but with our zone blocking, is he a system back in that scenario. I am refering the Denver Broncos and the numerous high yardage backs they have produced from zone blocking.

What is wrong with Bush as like an LT type, the man has serious break away speed, something none of our RB's have.

14. infantrycak

If we had anything in common with the Broncos other than the basic scheme you would have a valid point. We do not however. The line is a very eratic zone blocking line--some huge holes for us and some huge holes for the D to get the RB behind the LOS. DD has made a lot out of a little.

If I saw Bush as LT or Sanders I would have no problem taking him in the top 5, but it just isn't there IMO. He simply doesn't get the tough, close-in yards a true RB needs to get through either speed, power, vision, something--they all have a way of getting through the tight traffic. Bush hasn't demonstrated that--elite open field runner, but give me 3 when I need 2 he isn't.

15. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

I understood where you were going that is why I did not attack you. I dont think Bush is an LT type. He is quite a bit smaller than LT and he is not a 30 carry back. He can handle the ball 20 times a game and will likely be something around Warrick Dunn. Which is a terrific back and a gamebreaker, but I doubt he will get the ball 30+ times.

16. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

You can never compare the zone blocking scheme of denver to the scheme that the Texans run. If DD ran behind that o-line then he would be one of the top rushers IMO.

17. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

I threw Bush in here for discussion, but I personally want D'Brickashaw Ferguson to be our RT next season, and I will be completely satisfied. CC ruined my dream of having Derrick Johnson as our OLB last year, and I personally hate the Longhorns. I just dont ever see passing up on a playmaker, but yes I would be tickled pink to have a OT as our first pick.

18. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

My question to you is do you honestly think that D'Brick will do well at RT. He is not a strong run blocker and he has a lack of size. At the RT spot he would be matched up against the larger DEs in the league. I like Ferguson, but I like Winston better just because he has more versatility and pretty much the same skill. Some say Ferguson is like Walter Jones and Winston is like Jordan Gross. I dont feel that Ferguson is like Walter Jones but similar in athleticism, but he is alot like a good Alex Barron but slower straight line speed which does not matter.

19. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Bush is not LT. Everyone has to get that out of their heads. He is nowhere near the blocker that LT is. Remember, LT played 1 or 2 years as a FB at TCU. Like Coach C. said, Bush will be like a Warrick Dunn or Brian Westbrook type of player. Both are great players, but not worth a #1 overall pick. If we were going to add another back to our team I'd like a big back like a TJ Duckett or Steven Jackson who can just run over people

Our offense will be so much better with a good offensive line. We would finally be able to open up our offense and not have to always have a max protect scheme in place.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Reggie Bush reminds me of Reggie Bush :rofl:

break away speed unmatched.

ideal size 205 & 6 ft. tall.

clean bill of health.

makes plays in critical situations.

plays & wins championships.

So then, why would the Texans take him with the 1st pick :confused: don't need him do we? over-rated, over-hyped & over-exposed? I believe somewhere there is a logical explanation :goodnight