Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reggie Bush On Conan Tonight

powerfuldragon

Enchilada Aficionado.
Reggie Bush will be on the Conan O'Brien show tonight at 11.35 CST. (about half an hour from now.)

I'll try and watch, but i might be playing computer games.

PowerfulDragon said:
Reggie Bush will be on the Conan O'Brien show tonight at 11.35 CST. (about half an hour from now.)

Mute the game, turn on the tv. what games are you playing?

The Dude Abides said:
Mute the game, turn on the tv. what games are you playing?

Either Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, or Day of Defeat (WWII half-life mod), or maybe even Counter-Strike 1.6

PowerfulDragon said:

Thanks for the heads up on that! I turned over just in time to see Godsmack on Leno!

I've got it on, I'll see if there's anything important to be reported.

PD, how are you liking Oblivion? It seems pretty good so far although I've been kind of busy with classes to really focus on it lately.

PowerfulDragon said:
Either Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, or Day of Defeat (WWII half-life mod), or maybe even Counter-Strike 1.6

Ahh CS, those were the days. I've moved on to BF2 now.

Reggie Bush is 2nd on the ticket tonight.

ledzeppelin269 said:
PD, how are you liking Oblivion? It seems pretty good so far although I've been kind of busy with classes to really focus on it lately.

I'm not one of thsoe people who gets consumed by the game and roleplays the whole thing (following sleeping/eating patterns, no fast transporting, etc). But i'd say i'm mildly obsessed. I've got a lvl 17 Khajiit Theif. i've completed the mages guild, fighters guild, thieves guild, and the dark brotherhood. Now i'm starting the main quest. I like it a lot.

The Dude Abides said:
Ahh CS, those were the days. I've moved on to BF2 now.

Reggie Bush is 2nd on the ticket tonight.

My internet computer can't handle games like bf2, so i'm stuck with old HL based multiplayer. my upstairs computer, however runs games amazingly well. too bad it's got no internets though.

PowerfulDragon said:
I'm not one of thsoe people who gets consumed by the game and roleplays the whole thing (following sleeping/eating patterns, no fast transporting, etc). But i'd say i'm mildly obsessed. I've got a lvl 17 Khajiit Theif. i've completed the mages guild, fighters guild, thieves guild, and the dark brotherhood. Now i'm starting the main quest. I like it a lot.

People actually follow that stuff?

I wish they'd just get to the Bush segment...I get kind of tired of Conan after awhile.

ledzeppelin269 said:

Do the Dark Brotherhood quests once you get a chance, they're great.

Sarg01 said:
Do the Dark Brotherhood quests once you get a chance, they're great.

I made the mistake of passing on them (killed the DB guy) with my nord guy, but I'll probably make a stealth guy at some point and I'll be sure to check them out.

Oblivion is freaking awesome...I beat the main campaign and am doing all the mini ones but I cant seem to level like everyone else, I'm level 6 and have been playing forever. Dark Elves all the way, lol.

Fiddy said:
Oblivion is freaking awesome...I beat the main campaign and am doing all the mini ones but I cant seem to level like everyone else, I'm level 6 and have been playing forever. Dark Elves all the way, lol.

That's weird..how long has it been since you leveled up last? And how did you beat the main quest being level 6 the whole time?

actually, the main string is easier at lower levels because of Oblivions scalability. Fiddy, what's your character type? (i.e. thief, caster, agile warrior, warrior tank, etc.)

Led Zeppelin, if you go thief, make your thief khajiit.

Reggie's on.

Wow, Conan went on a Houston bashing adventure.

Bush didn't seem too excited to join the Texans though. I was looking for more of the answer of "well, we WILL win if I join the Texans"...not "I will have to get used to losing".

Yea, looks like Conan doesn't care too much for the Texans. I guess being the butt of jokes should be expected when you go 2-14.

TEXANS84 said:
Wow, Conan went on a Houston bashing adventure.

Bush didn't seem too excited to join the Texans though. I was looking for more of the answer of "well, we WILL win if I join the Texans"...not "I will have to get used to losing".

yea but u got to understand when yur on live tv and guy sitting in front of you who is being very comical its hard to really come up with stuff at the last second. he tried to explain himself atleast.

Not that worried about it. Conan just kind of ran the whole deal, Bush just tagged along with whatever the guy was saying. First he sucked him in with all the compliments then let fire at Houston.

It takes players time to learn how to BS answers to those types of questions.

Yea, whenever he tried to talk Conan snorted a little more crack when no one was looking and recaptured the conversation. It's also not easy to get a real discussion going when a tall white guy with what looks like 100 plastic surgery operations looks like hes dancing around in his "underpants" (those that watched will get it...)

I guess Bush has other ideas than those that want to draft him to "win now". Bush just said he will have to "get used to losing". Just when I was starting to warm up to the guy.

ledzeppelin269 said:
That's weird..how long has it been since you leveled up last? And how did you beat the main quest being level 6 the whole time?
I dont know, I just did...it's been awhile but that's cause my magic skills arent the best because I really dont use magic so i'm not able to do all the other quests right now

Hookem Horns said:
I guess Bush has other ideas than those that want to draft him to "win now". Bush just said he will have to "get used to losing". Just when I was starting to warm up to the guy.

well, look at it this way, when he was at USC, he was pretty much undefeated. the man doesn't really know what it's like to lose a lot of games. Regardless of where he goes in the NFL, he'll have to get used to losing more games than he did in college.

He didn't seem too excited. I think once a formal annoucment is made, the dust settles, and he gets a handle of what's in front of him he will show more emotion...

VY Lovers unite!!! Bush has given us material!!! Let's use this!!! Protest at Reliant tomorrow anyone??? Make signs, banners, bring spray paint, and we can pitch in for a plane to fly a banner that has Bush's "I'll have to get use to losing" quote over the stadium for days on end!!!

It's not over yet...

you guys didn't hear the part where he said "i'll have to get used to losing a couple of games." amazing how you honks truncate qutoes to fit your needs.

dirty steve said:
you guys didn't hear the part where he said "i'll have to get used to losing a couple of games." amazing how you honks truncate qutoes to fit your needs.

ouch. Nice one.

BREAZE said:
He didn't seem too excited. I think once a formal annoucment is made, the dust settles, and he gets a handle of what's in front of him he will show more emotion...

A multi- million dollar paycheck would help as well.

Fiddy said:
VY Lovers unite!!! Bush has given us material!!! Let's use this!!! Protest at Reliant tomorrow anyone??? Make signs, banners, bring spray paint, and we can pitch in for a plan to fly a banner that has Bush's "I'll have to get use to losing" quote over the stadium for days on end!!!

It's not over yet...

you are conveniently ommiting the fact that he made up for the comment quickly by saying it would be hard to get used to losing "a couple of games"
Another attempt to take a small nugget of dubious information, blow it out of proportion and run with it, like so many similar attempts on both sides of this debate. I really expect better from you Fiddy...
I feel for you VY supporters if this is all you have to hang your hat on...

michaelm said:
you are conveniently ommiting the fact that he made up for the comment quickly by saying it would be hard to get used to losing "a couple of games"
Another attempt to take a small nugget of dubious information, blow it out of proportion and run with it, like so many similar attempts on both sides of this debate. I really expect better from you Fiddy...
I feel for you VY supporters if this is all you have to hang your hat on...
I didnt see the interview, just read the quote here and on HPF, my TV is off so I can focus on homework...lol, i need to turn off the computer, so excuse me for not having the info right. I really do apologize.

And it was for the most part a joke, I wouldnt pitch money in for a plane (they wouldnt let us fly over Reliant, so it'd be a waste of money) :D

dirty steve said:
Thanks for your comment. No Conan here in Japan and begining to worry about Bush's comment. I feel OK now.:challenge

Fiddy said:
I didnt see the interview, just read the quote here and on HPF, my TV is off so I can focus on homework...lol, i need to turn off the computer, so excuse me for not having the info right. I really do apologize.

And it was for the most part a joke, I wouldnt pitch money in for a plane (they wouldnt let us fly over Reliant, so it'd be a waste of money) :D

I get you Fiddy. I was really just razzing you. To be honest, though, I would have preferred to hear Reggie say that he would never be able to get used to losing. Or maybe that he thinks we can go undefeated next season... :)

dirty steve said:

He is about to sign a contract worth about $24 million guaranteed. At a minimum he should never "get used to losing" under that contract.

Saying he should "get used to losing" is very different from understanding that he can't win every game in the NFL. Just because he loses a couple of games doesn't mean has to like it or get used to it. Which is what seems to be the concern.

Besides, there are certain things you never admit. For example, if your wife asks if her butt looks big. You don't answer yes.

Reggie said the wrong thing, but this his first time to be the focal point of attention. Hopefully he will learn that he has to say the right things and never get "used to losing a couple of games" if he is going to be the face of the franchise. Would he apply this rationale say in the last two weeks of the season when the playoffs are the line?

He goofed on this one.

dirty steve said:
you guys didn't hear the part where he said "i'll have to get used to losing a couple of games."

If I remember correctly he first said, "I have to get used to losing" ,then later corrected himself. Either way, it dosen't sound like he's too happy to be a possible Texan.

My wife looked at me just as my jaw droped. I've had time to get over it.
I still hope we take him #1. After a season he will learn to love this great city, we call home.

Blu said:
If I remember correctly he first said, "I have to get used to losing" ,then later corrected himself. Either way, it dosen't sound like he's too happy to be a possible Texan.

My wife looked at me just as my jaw droped. I've had time to get over it.
I still hope we take him #1. After a season he will learn to love this great city, we call home.

He obviously corrected himself because he knew he slipped up. Actually if I remember correctly, he didn't correct himself until Conan brought attention to what he just said about getting used to losing.

I think in part he was just following Conan's lead. He hasn't done a ton of guest appearances on TV and when Conan made most of the conversation about how bad Houston was and how he would have to get used to losing, I dont think he was prepared or really wanted to try and take over the conversation to argue the point.

Hey everybody, I've got a great idea, let's read WAAAAAAAAAY too much into a little comment on a late late show.

Back