Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Raiders Game thread

49 second.

hollings again.. and the boos appear....

2 yards maybe..

23 seconds left.. banks throws a overthrow

You've got to be kidding me....Why not sit on the ball!

No reason for them to have been able to get the three on me...

Of course I can not see the game so I could be missing something

These first two games make it pretty clear what direction this team is going in. Inconsistent offense, poor pass protection, no pash rush, bad pass coverage. It's like freakin' Groundhog Day around here.

Texans Pride said:
You've got to be kidding me....Why not sit on the ball!

No reason for them to have been able to get the three on me...

Of course I can not see the game so I could be missing something

nope.. you got it right

Carr did not have alot of time... Banks for the most part had very little time..

Defense was ok.. but had wide open recievers and the Run is KILLING them

OK, it's only the 2nd pre-season game, but I'm already tired of Dum Capers "run up the middle philosphy"... C'mon !! 55 seconds left in the half and they try Hollings twice up the middle.. If this is what I have to look forward to all year, I'll have to start watching the Cowboys.. Hope you're listening Coaching Staff.. We're tired of the 1950's style offense.

Just a note.. hear the boo birds... get used to it if you don't change this scheme.

I will have to step out for a few minutes.. but will be back.. follow that link above if you need a play by play.

Texan Spain said:
what are your opinions for first half??????

1st team offense looked good. I thought the run blocking was very good and I actually saw Carr step up into the pocket to complete the first down to AJ in the red zone.

The 1st team defense looked anxious, lots of overpursuit, etc... Buchanan made some sure tackles and supported the run rather well. However, he also played consistantly softed coverage- not sure why. The second team front 7 and our second team OLine was thoroughly dominated by the Raider first teamers.

Hollings is going to be released. He's afraid of contact and just doesn't run strong. I think the 3rd and short followed by the 4th and short in the second quarter will prove to be his last chance to prove he can run strong and tough.

Pitts looked great and so did Wade. Mathis will be playing a lot by midseason.

Peek and Babin were nonexistant rushing the passer.

TexanJedi said:
OK, it's only the 2nd pre-season game, but I'm already tired of Dum Capers "run up the middle philosphy"... C'mon !! 55 seconds left in the half and they try Hollings twice up the middle.. If this is what I have to look forward to all year, I'll have to start watching the Cowboys.. Hope you're listening Coaching Staff.. We're tired of the 1950's style offense.

Just a note.. hear the boo birds... get used to it if you don't change this scheme.

remember, last year we got KILLED by the steelers in our second preseason game. But whatever, dude. Have fun watching the Cowboys.

TexanJedi said:

good riddins.. You sound fickle like Cowboy fans so please don't let the door hit you...

Look, Hollings is getting a look. It was apparent that Banks wasn't going to have any time to throw with Weary, Brown, Jones, etc... pass blocking against Washington, Sapp, Brayton, etc... So, they decided to give Hollings a couple opportunities to see what he could do. It's PRESEASON!!!!!!

if petey comes down with that pass from collins, the score would probably be 10-7. i dont see how we are getting blown out to where anyone is ready to start following other teams.

dalemurphy said:
good riddins.. You sound fickle like Cowboy fans so please don't let the door hit you...

Look, Hollings is getting a look. It was apparent that Banks wasn't going to have any time to throw with Weary, Brown, Jones, etc... pass blocking against Washington, Sapp, Brayton, etc... So, they decided to give Hollings a couple opportunities to see what he could do. It's PRESEASON!!!!!!

AND as I said.. Hollings has not shown me nothing to keep him from getting in next week cuts.

The first drive by the Texans was pretty good. 3/3 on third downs, used alot of clock, kept the ball moving.

Faggins has been beat twice for 2 TDs, Jordan and collins have been picking our defense apart. we're having very litle pass rush, and collins has all day to throw the ball.

Swinton returned a punt for 57 yards, might have made the team, also caught the TD pass.

Coleman had a nice interception right onthe gaol line

Back