Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Raiders Game thread

morency runs for 3 more, 4th down, clock running down, texans will f=go for winning kick, kris brown kicking, TO texans

8 seconds left, texans 19-17, texans kicking off, defense allowed 0 points in second half.

Texans Pride said:
IT'S GOOD, IT'S GOOD!!!!!

GO TEXAN!

I just heard that was only our 2nd preseason game win in Houston

Our only preseason wins: @ New Orleans in 2002 and Dallas in Houston last year....

and now the Raiders in 2005!

Great Game:
Morency
Sloan Thomas
Charlie Anderson

Notible Mention:
Mathis
Swinton

Poor performace:
Faggins

Dime said:
Great Game:
Morency
Sloan Thomas
Charlie Anderson

Notible Mention:
Mathis
Swinton

Poor performace:
Faggins

What about CC Brown? (Didn't get to see the game.) NFL.com has him w/ a game high 8 tackles and 1 asst.

Master Po said:
What about CC Brown? (Didn't get to see the game.) NFL.com has him w/ a game high 8 tackles and 1 asst.

saw his number alot, he was around alot of the plays.

i think faggins really had 1 bad play in which he kept his eye on the qb and stuttered where he gave up the 70 yarder.

the other TD was him just not being able to outmuscle a guy much bigger than him - cant really blame him for not being able to bring that down. that happens alot to shorter corners and there really isnt a whole lot you can do about those

he has always played solid and thought he played well after those miscues. he will be a big time contributer this season

he was solid with 2 long field goals. how about the texans defense inthe second half. 0 points allowed

I thought that the first team defense was terrible. I thought that Antwan Peak looked lost against the run. I was certainly not impressed with his play.
The first team offense looked good, but the play calling was not very good.

Oh, OK . . . we won a preseason game.:whoohoo:

But that halftime score told more about the first team defense, and that will be the focus this week, not the win.

Marcus said:
Oh, OK . . . we won a preseason game.:whoohoo:

But that halftime score told more about the first team defense, and that will be the focus this week, not the win.

Absolutly no pass rush from the first team, collins had all day to throw, and jordan ran all over us.

wrestler4life said:
The first team offense looked good, but the play calling was not very good.

i thought the play calling was part of the reason that our offense did so well (at least with the first teamers)

idonno:

They were interviewing Marcus Coleman during the game and he said that they were using vanilla defense. He also acknowledged that they were not rushing the passer. he said they have alot of blitz packages that they were not using,

Faggins getting burned didn't bother me. Collins having all day to throw did.

Actually I would have to give it to our O-Line and Morency - because they kept the ball moving in range for Kris to knock it down.

I'm really liking Morency now as our number 2 back. So I think Morency can show to be a threat to Davis if Davis doesn't stay healthy. Hopefully they both can PUSH each other.

Back