Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rackers...DAMN!

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
You know the tone for your season has been set when your KICKER gets a "roughness" penalty! DAMN! Dare I dream that the "House of Pain" is being resurrected?:spin: Texans to the NFL..."It's on."

I was thumbing through the 1st half photos BullPen posted and the guy was all about making a tackle. So much for playing safety on kickoffs, Rackers has to have him some...lol.

Rackers ticked me off. He needs to be back there. On that last Kickoff the returner was in good postion to run it back if not for us catching up to him.

Rackers ticked me off. He needs to be back there. On that last Kickoff the returner was in good postion to run it back if not for us catching up to him.

And while his fire is great, we need him to not get hurt - as a kicker you heard ball carriers and only tackle to save a TD.

Rackers ALWAYS balls out on kickoffs. It's what he DOES.
I'm sure Coach Joe knows that about him.

When Kubiak said that Rackers won the job because of kickoffs, I don't think he was talking about the flight distance. Rackers was in on a forced fumble in preseason, made a couple tackles on kickoffs, and consistently tries to make plays there. Rackers is not just a kicker, he's a ST player.

Yesterday, Rackers got credited with a tackle on one of the kickoffs as well. You can see it in the broadcast, and it's in the official play-by-play. He made the tackle about the 22 or 24 yard line of the opponent. And I think it was Adibi he beat to the tackle.

Nice to know that when playing the Texans return guys can say "One man to beat and it's the kicker! Touchdown baby!" With Rackers back there...you have to earn it. The NFL needs MORE kickers with balls.

Just seems to me during this preseason and then yesterday, the kicker has gotten the tackle... I'm thinking this is more a ST problem than the kicker having balls to get in there... if Joe is so good at his skill, then he better get to getting his players on the same page, as the coverage team looks like it needs a little more work.....

Just seems to me during this preseason and then yesterday, the kicker has gotten the tackle... I'm thinking this is more a ST problem than the kicker having balls to get in there... if Joe is so good at his skill, then he better get to getting his players on the same page, as the coverage team looks like it needs a little more work.....

That would be the case for a lot of kickers, but JUST WATCH RACKERS.
Dude CHARGES AT THE PILE while kicking off. He's almost like a 3rd gunner.

And while his fire is great, we need him to not get hurt - as a kicker you heard ball carriers and only tackle to save a TD.

Well, if he does I've heard there's another kicker out there available. Just don't expect him to make many tackles. Except in preseason.

Andy told me he heard from someone that Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

Can't recall the player's name though.

From what Andy told me saw through his viewfinder, Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

I don't think that alone would warrant a flag. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding dreadlocks are not off limits when bringing a player down. It maybe an unwritten rule, just not in ink.

I don't think that alone would warrant a flag. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding dreadlocks are not off limits when bringing a player down. It maybe an unwritten rule, just not in ink.

Yeah, I know hair is up for grabs (literally) if it's hanging outside the helmet, and that these guys wear it long at their own risk, but I found the visual rather humorous.

Yeah, I know hair is up for grabs (literally) if it's hanging outside the helmet, and that these guys wear it long at their own risk, but I found the visual rather humorous.

Lol. Agreed. I'm still waiting on a highlight for the ages showing that very thing.

Andy told me he heard from someone that Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

Now that would be a pic to have!! FUNNY sheeeeet!!!

Back