Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Quotes on the Texans

I don't think the Texans are mediocre, but the other two quotes are right on. The word for the Texans is not mediocre, but inconsistent.

In fact, all five of the Texan games were exiciting to watch. Of course it depended on which team you were rooting for as to your exicitment level. LOL

Its a recurring theme every year and it has to wear out its welcome... but it still hasn't because it is true.

This team is a classic young team. Not just the secondary, the whole team.

(We need to bring in another vet or two from a winning program (no the one year wonder that was the Cardinals doesn't count) on each side of the ball and let them show these young guys. Especially, but not exclusively, in the secondary how to prepare and manage a season. Top to bottom, this team is growing up and its kind of awkward like your voice cracking while standing up in class)

Mike

Its a recurring theme every year and it has to wear out its welcome... but it still hasn't because it is true.

This team is a classic young team. Not just the secondary, the whole team.

(We need to bring in another vet or two from a winning program (no the one year wonder that was the Cardinals doesn't count) on each side of the ball and let them show these young guys. Especially, but not exclusively, in the secondary how to prepare and manage a season. Top to bottom, this team is growing up and its kind of awkward like your voice cracking while standing up in class)

Mike

Mike, what are the coaches for then? Isn't that their job? I can understand the mentoring from older established players. We've got AJ on the offensive side. Veteran. Leads by example as has been expressed by many team mates. Meco's a veteran, a team captian. He needs to start captianing. Are the coaches doing their jobs? I'm not sure exactly where all the problems lie but I'm certain of one thing. I didn't see this train wreck coming. The way this team finished last season and looked good in PS (well except for that little road trip to the mighty Missisip) I was expecting to see growth and maturation. Instead, I'm seeing impending implosion. Is this due to a rift in the ranks or coaching staff as another poster said? This team just seems to be on the verge of distaster. Are these just "growing pains"? What's a mother to do??

Mike, what are the coaches for then? Isn't that their job? I can understand the mentoring from older established players. We've got AJ on the offensive side. Veteran. Leads by example as has been expressed by many team mates. Meco's a veteran, a team captian. He needs to start captianing. Are the coaches doing their jobs? I'm not sure exactly where all the problems lie but I'm certain of one thing. I didn't see this train wreck coming. The way this team finished last season and looked good in PS (well except for that little road trip to the mighty Missisip) I was expecting to see growth and maturation. Instead, I'm seeing impending implosion. Is this due to a rift in the ranks or coaching staff as another poster said? This team just seems to be on the verge of distaster. Are these just "growing pains"? What's a mother to do??

Who has the winning tradition in this club? I'm not talking about a mentor for say Demeco. I'm talking about a guy, especially in the defensive backfield that has had success. Yeah coaches can coach you up... but there are things that don't show up on film. I'd love to bring in an old Patriot or Steeler. Different attitude.. and those guys in those systems just flat out know how to prepare.

This isn't a "train wreck". Lets be honest. If you look at the ingredients... what is missing? A championship pedigree? Maybe. Veterans in the DBs? Definitely. Is it the talent? Probably not. Yeah one CB would slide everyone down the depth chart one.. and that would help but we're missing consistency. THAT is a sign of immaturity. We're also one of the youngest teams in the league. Maybe I'm crazy.

Mike

Who has the winning tradition in this club? I'm not talking about a mentor for say Demeco. I'm talking about a guy, especially in the defensive backfield that has had success. Yeah coaches can coach you up... but there are things that don't show up on film. I'd love to bring in an old Patriot or Steeler. Different attitude.. and those guys in those systems just flat out know how to prepare.

This isn't a "train wreck". Lets be honest. If you look at the ingredients... what is missing? A championship pedigree? Maybe. Veterans in the DBs? Definitely. Is it the talent? Probably not. Yeah one CB would slide everyone down the depth chart one.. and that would help but we're missing consistency. THAT is a sign of immaturity. We're also one of the youngest teams in the league. Maybe I'm crazy.

Mike

Eugene Wilson ;)

what are the coaches for then? Isn't that their job?

The best way I can explain this is through my job:

I am a substance abuse counselor, and all of the work by clients is done in group sessions, rather than individual ones. This is because I could yell and scream until I was blue in the face explaining why having 8 DUI's, your family leaving you, and losing your job are tell-tale signs of addiction, but coming from me it means jack squat. Since I am in a position of being a higher-up, they may understand what I'm saying but think that it doesn't apply to them.

The purpose of group, then, is to put the owness on all of the clients. Since they can understand what I'm saying they will then call out their peers during the group process and explain why they are wrong. It's a feeling of connectedness that they are all there against their will that helps them understand. Unless their peers tell them...it won't click.

The same can be said of a lot of players. The coaches can be the most brilliant minds in the world, but unless they have players who have been in there situation and can give them more individualized one-on-one attention, it may never sink in.

Back