Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Questions for Kubiak today on his radio show

It doesn't take a whole lot to sound smart on that show. There's usually a bunch of guys calling in making the same comment (and taking 5 minutes to make it.)

It usually goes something like this:

"Hi, Coach. This is Bill from Cut-n-Shoot.

Now I been a Oiler fan fer a long time and we had the House of Pain...:listening

David Carr spends too much time trying to look good on the sideline 'stead of winnin' the game....:yap

Reggie Bush...Vince Young...:blah:

Now, Steve McKinney's an Aggie and dips Copenhagen....:listening

My question is when do you 'spect we can get Gary Walker in the game?"

Holy crap, funniest post on this board in months.

Every time I hear Kubiak on the radio or in an interview I find him easy to root for. He doesn't get cute or condescending, he answers questions directly, and he is down to earth.....now, about that drive before the half...

I'm not going to comment if this is true about Sherman or not because I don't know. However, the NFL isn't a fair place. I'll give you this much: coaches don't always do what is in the team's best interest; they play politics and look out for themselves just like any other profession.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!! Now we have hit the nail on the head. Sherman is looking out for his best interest not the team or the head coach he works for. Now that will help the Texans improve.....?????????????

Bingo!!!! Now we have hit the nail on the head. Sherman is looking out for his best interest not the team or the head coach he works for. Now that will help the Texans improve.....?????????????

I wasn't talking about Sherman. Some of the previous regime's coaches were pretty unsubtle about it.

Sorry to break it to you KT, but everything you said was not fact.
Your entire premise is centered on a straw man argument that ASSUMES that lack of confidence in Carr drove the decision to run out the clock.
You want that to be the reason, but that doesn't make it a fact.
It could have been lack of confidence in the Oline to protect Carr, for instance.
There could be other reasons for the decision as well.

Logic - 1
Strawman - 0

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Coach, will you ever have confidence in your 5 year, starting veteran, QB to run a 2 minute drill?

Or,

You have coached some great QB's, and some average ones. When do you think Carr will be up to an average QB and allow him to run a 2 minute drill?

Carr is in his 5th year. He is a starting veteran QB. Asking a question about whether or not he has confidence in his QB to run a 2 minute drill is well within reason.

Kubiak coached Young and Elway, greats, and Griese and Plummer, average. I have seen Griese and Plummer both run 2 minute drills under Kubiak's tutelage. My question was when will Kubiak have confidence to allow Carr to run one.

Tell me where there is no fact and where I am out of line with the questioning that the thread starter was requesting. Proper context trumps connect the dots logic.

The radio show comments were not that different than what is found in Kubiak's presser today. Here is the link on the website.

The only thing that was different that I can remember was him saying that Wong, Faggins and Mathis should be back. Wong and Faggins first, then Mathis. Faggins was not likely to be ready by the Cowboy game.
Mathis is out of the walking boot.

Also, relevant to the discussion here: He talked some about Bedell being pressed into service short notice after being outta football and having to stop Taylor. He talked about looking at ways to improve the line, and mentioned Winston coming around in learning the tackle positions. He said that Salaam would not be ready to play if the game were this Sunday, but having an extra week will help.

Gary Kubiak said:
(on the end of the first half) “Yeah, as I said yesterday, my thought right there was if we get a first down there we have our timeouts to use and try to do something with the ball. We had two left; they used two of them. They had one left from going into our third down. We made sure they had to use it, and also to be honest with you, the way our ends of the half had went for a couple weeks, I was very concerned with our team’s mentality going in at halftime. And I wanted to make sure that we did not make a mistake right there. Had we got the first down we could have been aggressive, but we didn’t. We made sure they used their time out; we got off the field feeling good about three to three, and came out and played better in the second half. I was a little concerned about our frame of mind after what I had seen happen the past couple of weeks.”

from the presser for those who want to know what happened. i actually had the same idea, even though i did not mention it here. if the first down is made then we would take some shots down the field

Carr is in his 5th year. He is a starting veteran QB. Asking a question about whether or not he has confidence in his QB to run a 2 minute drill is well within reason.

Kubiak coached Young and Elway, greats, and Griese and Plummer, average. I have seen Griese and Plummer both run 2 minute drills under Kubiak's tutelage. My question was when will Kubiak have confidence to allow Carr to run one.

Tell me where there is no fact and where I am out of line with the questioning that the thread starter was requesting. Proper context trumps connect the dots logic.

Maybe it's not about Carr.

from the presser for those who want to know what happened. i actually had the same idea, even though i did not mention it here. if the first down is made then we would take some shots down the field

I guess I just don't understand that reason. If you gain 10 or so yards and use up half the time on the clock doing it, then you get aggressive and throw down field? What did that extra 10 yards do to make it so much safer? It seems like a waste of valuable time to me.

Also, relevant to the discussion here: He talked some about Bedell being pressed into service short notice after being outta football and having to stop Taylor.

Nothing against Bedell, he did the best he could. It's the coaches' fault an unprepared player had to be pressed into service. They had other options.

He talked about looking at ways to improve the line...

I'm interested to see the action to follow that up.

He said that Salaam would not be ready to play if the game were this Sunday, but having an extra week will help.

But Salaam had to go back into the game last week because we did not have a viable back-up tackle suited up. That is sad. It sounds like very poor preparation to me.

I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but I'd like to see the coaches learn as the season goes on so we don't have to watch the same mistakes repeated. The coaching has to get better just as the talent on the field does if we ever hope to get out of the cellar and start competing for a play-off spot.

I guess I just don't understand that reason. If you gain 10 or so yards and use up half the time on the clock doing it, then you get aggressive and throw down field? What did that extra 10 yards do to make it so much safer? It seems like a waste of valuable time to me.

well your almost there...think beyond 10 yards. if on 1st or 2nd down we bust a 20 yard run or a big play we stop the clock and then start taking a few shots down the field.

i think that is the reason for the run again on 3rd down to make them use their timeout and us not being able to make a play while still keeping the clock rolling.

well your almost there...think beyond 10 yards. if on 1st or 2nd down we bust a 20 yard run or a big play we stop the clock and then start taking a few shots down the field.

Since we so rarely break off a 20 yard run, then not going for it unless we do seems pretty much the same as not going for it at all. We averaged 2.4 yards per carry Sunday.

--------

Not related to the quoted post above:

I think the argument "we won, so it was the right decision" is interesting. Does that mean had we lost it was the wrong decision? Since you can't coach a game as it happens with the benefit of hindsight, I think that is a pretty weak argument.

I would like to ask him why the HELL he thinks our team deserves six days off!!!! We have two weeks to prepare for one of the most important games of the year, at least to some of us fans, and Kubiak gives them a mini vacation! I don't get it! I can understand giving them a few extra days off to heal physically, BUT, what's wrong with watching film, doing walk throughs, or just being with your teammates preparing mentally and physically for a HUGE game!! Kubiak is to soft on this team!! JMHO!!

I would like to ask him why the HELL he thinks our team deserves six days off!!!! We have two weeks to prepare for one of the most important games of the year, at least to some of us fans, and Kubiak gives them a mini vacation! I don't get it! I can understand giving them a few extra days off to heal physically, BUT, what's wrong with watching film, doing walk throughs, or just being with your teammates preparing mentally and physically for a HUGE game!! Kubiak is to soft on this team!! JMHO!!

He explained why on the radio yesterday. With NFL mini-camp, training camp, preseason, and now four regular season games, all of our rookies (and we are starting alot of them) have nearly practiced and played the equivalent of a full college schedule. He thought that they and the rest of team needed a break from the grind. He commented that they had a lighter than usual practice last Friday because they looked tired mentally and physically last week. He said the coaches are going to use the time to evaluate themselves and watch more film than they usually do. I'm all for that. I really want the coaches and players up on their film for this game. The Cowboys are a better team than the Texans. The Texans are going to have to out-smart and out-coach them.

In all fairness they will be off Wed thru Sat then they will get two more days of practice than they usally get for a game.

Well, I have painted as the Kubiak hater du jour. But I have no problem with days off during a bye week. If employees do not have a proper work/life balance the person's work can get be effected which ulitmatley effects the whole team's cattywampus.

I have been dying to use that word. :)

Well, I have painted as the Kubiak hater du jour. But I have no problem with days off during a bye week. If employees do not have a proper work/life balance the person's work can get be effected which ulitmatley effects the whole team's cattywampus.

I have been dying to use that word. :)

I always thought it was "catty whompus." I always cracked up when my Grandma said it. She was usually yelling.

Example: "You knocked the TV off the stand and now it's acting all catty whompus!"

They have Thursday through Saturday off. They work part of Wednesday and Sunday.

They are using this time for the coaches to look in depth at what is working and not working and how to fix it. There is no sense throwing more stuff at the players if you haven't gamed plan what you want to do.

They are giving the team a break because the season is long and physical. We have a lot of rookies playing lots of minutes and their bodies are not used to a season this long (OTA, minicamp, TC, preseason, 4 games--including the preseason Kubiak talked about this being about the halfway point for the team)

Gary Kubiak, as a former player, knows about how mentally taxing the season can be. Check out the Weaver blog where he talks about what his typical week is and how important staying mentally fresh is.

The season is completely brutal. Back before Vioxx was limited in use, I had a player tell me he ate those like Skittles, just to be able to get out of bed.

More and more research is showing that rest is as important as working out in improving athletic performance. Eventually bodies break down if they don't get enough rest.

He explained why on the radio yesterday. With NFL mini-camp, training camp, preseason, and now four regular season games, all of our rookies (and we are starting alot of them) have nearly practiced and played the equivalent of a full college schedule. He thought that they and the rest of team needed a break from the grind. He commented that they had a lighter than usual practice last Friday because they looked tired mentally and physically last week. He said the coaches are going to use the time to evaluate themselves and watch more film than they usually do. I'm all for that. I really want the coaches and players up on their film for this game. The Cowboys are a better team than the Texans. The Texans are going to have to out-smart and out-coach them.

In all fairness they will be off Wed thru Sat then they will get two more days of practice than they usally get for a game.

They have Thursday through Saturday off. They work part of Wednesday and Sunday.

They are using this time for the coaches to look in depth at what is working and not working and how to fix it. There is no sense throwing more stuff at the players if you haven't gamed plan what you want to do.

They are giving the team a break because the season is long and physical. We have a lot of rookies playing lots of minutes and their bodies are not used to a season this long (OTA, minicamp, TC, preseason, 4 games--including the preseason Kubiak talked about this being about the halfway point for the team)

Gary Kubiak, as a former player, knows about how mentally taxing the season can be. Check out the Weaver blog where he talks about what his typical week is and how important staying mentally fresh is.

The season is completely brutal. Back before Vioxx was limited in use, I had a player tell me he ate those like Skittles, just to be able to get out of bed.

More and more research is showing that rest is as important as working out in improving athletic performance. Eventually bodies break down if they don't get enough rest.

Redundancy is great. Especially in engineering.

Kind of hard for players to watch film TOGETHER when they're scattered all over the country!

"The Texans are going to have to out-smart and out-coach them." Well, looks like we will be 1-4!!

Geeeee, sorry if I don't understand why multimillionaires who have been working for barely four months need a "break from the grind!" BUT, maybe all you guys have been watching a different team then I have. I've been watching a team that has been screwing up all over the place! Multiple mistakes every game, not just a couple! They were lucky they pulled off a win against Miami! BUT, I guess our coaching staff thinks they are so good they don't need a little extra work during the bye week. :sarcasm:

Kind of hard for players to watch film TOGETHER when they're scattered all over the country!

"The Texans are going to have to out-smart and out-coach them." Well, looks like we will be 1-4!!

Geeeee, sorry if I don't understand why multimillionaires who have been working for barely four months need a "break from the grind!" BUT, maybe all you guys have been watching a different team then I have. I've been watching a team that has been screwing up all over the place! Multiple mistakes every game, not just a couple! They were lucky they pulled off a win against Miami! BUT, I guess our coaching staff thinks they are so good they don't need a little extra work during the bye week. :sarcasm:

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect your right to it.

Quote from todays Chronicle! (sorry I don't do links)

"The Texans' reward for defeating the Miami Dolphins for their first victory is getting almost SIX consecutive days off.
After a morning practice today, the players don't have to report back to work until Monday morning, when they begin preparation for their Oct 15 game at Dallas."

So I really don't know where you are getting your information.
"In all fairness they will be off Wed through Sat then they will get two more days of practice than they usualy get for a game." OR

"They have Thursday though Sat off. They work part of Wed and Sun."

I am not an argumentative person, but this is an opinion board and I have mine. Our team is not good enough to be sitting in their lounge chairs for six days! I'm not saying they need to be out on the practice field busting their butts every second of the day either. This should be a good time for classroom, reflection on the part of the players as well as the coaches, and just mentally getting ready for a tough game. Maybe my "fandom" has gone to far. I guess I expect to much out of our 1-3 team.

"The Texans' reward for defeating the Miami Dolphins for their first victory is getting almost SIX consecutive days off.
After a morning practice today, the players don't have to report back to work until Monday morning, when they begin preparation for their Oct 15 game at Dallas."

"In all fairness they will be off Wed through Sat then they will get two more days of practice than they usualy get for a game." OR

I am not an argumentative person, but this is an opinion board and I have mine. Our team is not good enough to be sitting in their lounge chairs for six days! I'm not saying they need to be out on the practice field busting their butts every second of the day either. This should be a good time for classroom, reflection on the part of the players as well as the coaches, and just mentally getting ready for a tough game. Maybe my "fandom" has gone to far. I guess I expect to much out of our 1-3 team.

SheTexan, on one hand I totally agree with you.

But an NFL team in the regular season isn't much different than a rock n' roll band hitting the road for a tour.

This may sound a little crazy, but if you don't have your chops down before the onslaught starts, trying to develop them along the way is near impossible.

Like I said, I would like to see these guys pouring over game tape and working on technique. But, these guys are probably training pretty much all year and the NFL season is really brutal for four months. They really should take a break when they get the chance. Besides, trying to work on your chops isn't probably going to produce better results than just being rested and mentally ready to hit it the next time out.

Also, this is a really good time for the coaches to work late hours in evaluating this team to determine what they should expect for the remainder of the season in order to prepare for next year's draft and free agency.

Here ya loud and clear, but it probably is the best thing to do. Actually, I don't like it either, but the body and mind can only take so much.

...maybe we could shorten the season and give them stress compensation and try and prepare them better for the real world where you have to produce over 2000 hrs/yr and not 64(game time)--plus,of course, the pay is a lot less:brickwall

SheTexan, on one hand I totally agree with you.

But an NFL team in the regular season isn't much different than a rock n' roll band hitting the road for a tour.

This may sound a little crazy, but if you don't have your chops down before the onslaught starts, trying to develop them along the way is near impossible.

Like I said, I would like to see these guys pouring over game tape and working on technique. But, these guys are probably training pretty much all year and the NFL season is really brutal for four months. They really should take a break when they get the chance. Besides, trying to work on your chops isn't probably going to produce better results than just being rested and mentally ready to hit it the next time out.

Also, this is a really good time for the coaches to work late hours in evaluating this team to determine what they should expect for the remainder of the season in order to prepare for next year's draft and free agency.

Here ya loud and clear, but it probably is the best thing to do. Actually, I don't like it either, but the body and mind can only take so much.

I guess we will see if the lack of hard work really pays off. I guess if we cream the "girls" on Oct 15th, I'll be eating a few words!!:)

As an ex college athlete who's played on good and bad teams, I can affirm the need for days off, winning or losing, especially at the pro level. Multi-millionaire pro athlete or not, you have to have the downtime for your body to rest up and recover. I don't have the articles to link to but I've read over and over again the ways that practice and game can wear on your body, and recovering plainly and simply requires rest. And it's not just your body -- your mind also.

Personally I think this will help rather than hurt us. And before we have to read through more illiterate posts about David Carr doesn't work hard or Mario Williams doesn't have heart ... just remember, these days off probably mean there are no required sessions, but I would expect that many of our players would come in and work out at least once or twice if not more during that time period any way.

:yawn:
...maybe we could shorten the season and give them stress compensation and try and prepare them better for the real world where you have to produce over 2000 hrs/yr and not 64(game time)--plus,of course, the pay is a lot less:brickwall

I honestly don't think you all know how much football affects your life when you play the sport....It's not an August-January thing...It's all year long.....

During the season it can get really hectic....Between Practice, Film, Working Out, Training room it can take up your whole freakin' day....The guys are coming off a good well earned win...They deserve a little rest...:twocents:

I don't know where the Chron got their info. I heard it out of Kubiak's mouth not once but twice. Once on the radio and another time on the Texans Insider.

As an ex college athlete who's played on good and bad teams, I can affirm the need for days off, winning or losing, especially at the pro level. Multi-millionaire pro athlete or not, you have to have the downtime for your body to rest up and recover. I don't have the articles to link to but I've read over and over again the ways that practice and game can wear on your body, and recovering plainly and simply requires rest. And it's not just your body -- your mind also.

Personally I think this will help rather than hurt us. And before we have to read through more illiterate posts about David Carr doesn't work hard or Mario Williams doesn't have heart ... just remember, these days off probably mean there are no required sessions, but I would expect that many of our players would come in and work out at least once or twice if not more during that time period any way.

...kinda makes you wonder 'why' they are adding games at the college level plus the load of classes and all the 'other' stuff--what are they thinking?...been there myself, wasn't that bad--just kept myself in shape and had a good time...

It's really just 5 days since they practiced this morning. I think they probably mentally need it as much as physically. But on the other hand, even during the season, it doesn't seem like they practice that much to begin with. After a game, they watch film on Monday and then don't start working on the next SUnday until Thursday, right? So they only practice 3 days a week during the season.

I was a competitive swimmer, and I wish we would have had that schedule. We worked out 5-6 days a week all year. FOR FREE!!!! If you really scrutinize it, they have it pretty easy in comparison to a lot of things. Considering they are done in January with mandatory workouts and don't start back until June. Pretty good work and pay if you can get it.

I was a competitive swimmer, and I wish we would have had that schedule. We worked out 5-6 days a week all year. FOR FREE!!!! If you really scrutinize it, they have it pretty easy in comparison to a lot of things. Considering they are done in January with mandatory workouts and don't start back until June. Pretty good work and pay if you can get it.

Did you get tackled regularly in the water?

The trend in sports these days is for more rest days, even if it is active recovery of an easy workout.

Considering they are done in January with mandatory workouts and don't start back until June. Pretty good work and pay if you can get it.

LOL!!! Just because they aren't playing games doesn't mean they aren't working....You think players just sit on their arses all off-season ???

Did anyone think to consider our health at the moment?

We might be preventing the risk of getting hurt in practice as well.

Or did you ever think of a coach possibly doing what he could to get his team to play hard for him? Capers used to drill the team all the time and it never worked, in fact it ended up getting a team not to play for him since it never gave any results.

All in all though, our coach is a rookie head coach, so he could be using this time to evaluate what he is doing wrong and what he is doing right. Either way the time off was deserved due to the win. This win shows we did something right and our players are being rewarded for it.

If you were at work and you did something right and they gave you a week off for it, would you come into work the next day you had to work and think what should I do to get that week off again or would you think your job really sucked anyways and you still hate your boss?

Did anyone think to consider our health at the moment?

We might be preventing the risk of getting hurt in practice as well.

Or did you ever think of a coach possibly doing what he could to get his team to play hard for him? Capers used to drill the team all the time and it never worked, in fact it ended up getting a team not to play for him since it never gave any results.

All in all though, our coach is a rookie head coach, so he could be using this time to evaluate what he is doing wrong and what he is doing right. Either way the time off was deserved due to the win. This win shows we did something right and our players are being rewarded for it.

If you were at work and you did something right and they gave you a week off for it, would you come into work the next day you had to work and think what should I do to get that week off again or would you think your job really sucked anyways and you still hate your boss?

Well, I work in the 'real' world--you know--that place where they expect you to do what you're paid to do, with little thought about your 'personal' situation.

Heck, in the 'real' world-if I bash a co-workers face in with my shoe--not only do I not get to keep my job, but they'll put me in jail!...now,what's up with that........:sarcasm:...oh,yeah, my bag! I forgot--he's going to lose a few of his millions...sorry.

Well, I work in the 'real' world--you know--that place where they expect you to do what you're paid to do, with little thought about your 'personal' situation.

Heck, in the 'real' world-if I bash a co-workers face in with my shoe--not only do I not get to keep my job, but they'll put me in jail!...now,what's up with that........:sarcasm:...oh,yeah, my bag! I forgot--he's going to lose a few of his millions...sorry.

I wonder if he can take that punk to court ?

Maybe you should have been a better athlete? Then you could be like them.

I wonder if he can take that punk to court ?

I beleive if the Dallas player wanted to press charges, he could. IMO, he should.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2610577

I know you used sarcasm but he's only going to lose about 500k. LOL! Did you notice I said only? I hope the Dallas player presses charges on him. IMO,he deserves it.

I agree with resting your body due to the day to day trauma these guys endure, but i would rather see 4 off and the next 2, Review tape, Review tape, Review tape AS A GROUP....They are going to need it against Dallas....There, 6 days of resting your body....Now if they were 4-0, i'd say different...

I have absolutely nothing to base this on. But if I were on this coaching staff, I'd want to get the players out of the house for a few days, while Mommy & Daddy rethink a few things.

#1. We have not been ZoneBlocking anything since the season started. Are we not ready for it?? Does Sherman have too big a role with this offense?? We need to figure out what we want to do on offense, how we want to do it, and how do we get from where we are now, to where we want to be..... & still win the Dallas game.

#2. In the Preseason, our run defense was top notch, we got decent to good pressure on the QB with our blitz packages, but JakePlummer & MarcBulger lit up our secondary. We go to applying pressure with our front four, and our back 7 can't cover for 3 seconds.....
McCleon & Johnson getting playing time before PBuch, and Dunta looking like a second stringer for 4 out of 4 games?? I think it's time for some really tough decisions..

#3. Who will we start on defensive line?? & how will we rotate the plethora of DEs we have on the team?? I think Weaver's been playing his best at the DT position. While Seth never quits, he rarely gets into the backfield(the Miami game being the exception). Kalu is looking good, he played a few snaps at DT, maybe we can squeez him in at DT as well. We need to find out who our best four are, and plan to use that group of four for the majority of our playing time. the Defensive line needs to work with each other, and the rest of the defensive unit as much as any other part of our team.

I'm thinking Mario, Weaver, TJ, and Kalu....... as much as I like Babin. Then I'd start Peek at strong side LB.......

#4. at any given time, on anygiven snap from any formation. We've got 4 great recievers on the field. Should we pass first, run later??

#5 How do we keep Demarcus Ware off David Carr??

#6 How do we cover TO & Glenn?? Personally, I think PBuch is the only guy we've got fast enough to hang with Glenn, & keep the ball out of his hands. I'd like to see how Dunta will work against the physical T.O. knowing he gives up about 30 pounds to the guy?? & though I like Sanders, I don't think he can run with Crayton.

We've got some basic decisions that need to be rethought, that will determine what this team will do for the remainder of this year, and may carry on to the longterm plan for our team. At the same time Kubiak knows we have to be at least very competitive against the Cowboys........ they absolutley positively cannot be allowed to score 41 points on us, gain 500 yards, or shut out our offense for 2 quarters(half the game).

The coaches....... who are just as new as the players, need this time more than the players do.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on. But if I were on this coaching staff, I'd want to get the players out of the house for a few days, while Mommy & Daddy rethink a few things.

#1. We have not been ZoneBlocking anything since the season started. Are we not ready for it?? Does Sherman have too big a role with this offense?? We need to figure out what we want to do on offense, how we want to do it, and how do we get from where we are now, to where we want to be..... & still win the Dallas game.

#2. In the Preseason, our run defense was top notch, we got decent to good pressure on the QB with our blitz packages, but JakePlummer & MarcBulger lit up our secondary. We go to applying pressure with our front four, and our back 7 can't cover for 3 seconds.....
McCleon & Johnson getting playing time before PBuch, and Dunta looking like a second stringer for 4 out of 4 games?? I think it's time for some really tough decisions..

#3. Who will we start on defensive line?? & how will we rotate the plethora of DEs we have on the team?? I think Weaver's been playing his best at the DT position. While Seth never quits, he rarely gets into the backfield(the Miami game being the exception). Kalu is looking good, he played a few snaps at DT, maybe we can squeez him in at DT as well. We need to find out who our best four are, and plan to use that group of four for the majority of our playing time. the Defensive line needs to work with each other, and the rest of the defensive unit as much as any other part of our team.

I'm thinking Mario, Weaver, TJ, and Kalu....... as much as I like Babin. Then I'd start Peek at strong side LB.......

#4. at any given time, on anygiven snap from any formation. We've got 4 great recievers on the field. Should we pass first, run later??

#5 How do we keep Demarcus Ware off David Carr??

#6 How do we cover TO & Glenn?? Personally, I think PBuch is the only guy we've got fast enough to hang with Glenn, & keep the ball out of his hands. I'd like to see how Dunta will work against the physical T.O. knowing he gives up about 30 pounds to the guy?? & though I like Sanders, I don't think he can run with Crayton.

We've got some basic decisions that need to be rethought, that will determine what this team will do for the remainder of this year, and may carry on to the longterm plan for our team. At the same time Kubiak knows we have to be at least very competitive against the Cowboys........ they absolutley positively cannot be allowed to score 41 points on us, gain 500 yards, or shut out our offense for 2 quarters(half the game).

The coaches....... who are just as new as the players, need this time more than the players do.
Good point, but I think a more pressing matter is getting the rooks to learn how to study tape. They have a few days off and they might as well do something that will help their transition.

Good point, but I think a more pressing matter is getting the rooks to learn how to study tape. They have a few days off and they might as well do something that will help their transition.

Nothing is more important than coaching..... those guys have to have a plan before they can try to implement it.

There are a hundred things I can think of that we should be doing with our players over the next two weeks.

But nothing more important than our coaches getting there stuff together. Our poor defensive performance against Philly, Washington, & Indy are more due to coaching, and looking at the wrong things on tape, than it was our bad play. Washington especially.

Thinking we fixed most everything based on last Sunday would be a big mistake. Miami helped our D more than Dallas(Parcells), & Jacksonville will.

Nothing is more important than coaching..... those guys have to have a plan before they can try to implement it.

There are a hundred things I can think of that we should be doing with our players over the next two weeks.

But nothing more important than our coaches getting there stuff together. Our poor defensive performance against Philly, Washington, & Indy are more due to coaching, and looking at the wrong things on tape, than it was our bad play. Washington especially.

Thinking we fixed most everything based on last Sunday would be a big mistake. Miami helped our D more than Dallas(Parcells), & Jacksonville will.
In the end, its the players on the field. They have to coach each other, especially the rooks.

Back