Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Proud to be a Texan!

asteroidblues

Practice Squad
The Texan’s have had two glaring deficiencies since they have been in the league: pass protection and pass rush. They addressed both in the draft with their top 4 picks and free agency. The so-called “experts” labeled Reggie Bush as the best player available. Can he open holes to run through? No. Is he going to reach the secondary untouched every play like he did at USC? No. Can he protect Carr against the bull rush in passing situations? No. The main reason everyone thought he was worthy of the top pick is because he can do “everything.” “Bush can run the ball,” hmm Domanick Davis has averaged over 1000 yards a season for his career. “Bush can catch,” hmm Domanick Davis was second only to Brian Westbrook in pass receptions by a RB. “Bush can return kicks,” hmm the Texan’s Pro Bowler was rookie KR Jerome Mathis. And only an imbecile coach would put a $54 million dollar player RB on the field to play special teams. Bottom line, when Mario Williams becomes a double digit sack artist, who draws constant double teams, and frees up the rest of the defensive line, everyone around the league who doubts this pick will be reminded that “offense wins games, but defense wins championships.”

asteroidblues said:
The Texan’s have had two glaring deficiencies since they have been in the league: pass protection and pass rush. They addressed both in the draft with their top 4 picks and free agency. The so-called “experts” labeled Reggie Bush as the best player available. Can he open holes to run through? No. Is he going to reach the secondary untouched every play like he did at USC? No. Can he protect Carr against the bull rush in passing situations? No. The main reason everyone thought he was worthy of the top pick is because he can do “everything.” “Bush can run the ball,” hmm Domanick Davis has averaged over 1000 yards a season for his career. “Bush can catch,” hmm Domanick Davis was second only to Brian Westbrook in pass receptions by a RB. “Bush can return kicks,” hmm the Texan’s Pro Bowler was rookie KR Jerome Mathis. And only an imbecile coach would put a $54 million dollar player RB on the field to play special teams. Bottom line, when Mario Williams becomes a double digit sack artist, who draws constant double teams, and frees up the rest of the defensive line, everyone around the league who doubts this pick will be reminded that “offense wins games, but defense wins championships.”

Thank you!! Im glad Im not alone!!

asteroidblues said:
The Texan’s have had two glaring deficiencies since they have been in the league: pass protection and pass rush. QUOTE]

You’re correct just a little low on the numbers, they have two glaring deficiencies on offensive, they can’t run and they can’t pass. They also have two glaring deficiencies on defensive they can’t stop the run and they can’t stop the pass. I hope you are correct that they done something to correct that in this draft. I just don’t see it. I was hoping they would dare to be great, but was disappointed with their first selection. I hope Mario Williams turns out, but with athletes like Reggie Bush and Vince Young on the board a team that wants to be great selects one of them. At least this draft and the new coaches may stop the embarrassment; personally I rather go for great! Go Oiler!

mimartin said:
asteroidblues said:
The Texan’s have had two glaring deficiencies since they have been in the league: pass protection and pass rush. QUOTE]

You’re correct just a little low on the numbers, they have two glaring deficiencies on offensive, they can’t run and they can’t pass. They also have two glaring deficiencies on defensive they can’t stop the run and they can’t stop the pass. I hope you are correct that they done something to correct that in this draft. I just don’t see it. I was hoping they would dare to be great, but was disappointed with their first selection. I hope Mario Williams turns out, but with athletes like Reggie Bush and Vince Young on the board a team that wants to be great selects one of them. At least this draft and the new coaches may stop the embarrassment; personally I rather go for great! Go Oiler!

First, the Texans can run, you don't make a 5'9" fourth round back a thousand yard rusher without a line who can open some holes. Second, they couldn't pass because they receivers had no time to complete their routes(pass protection). Finally, any GM will tell you, great teams are built from the inside out who can dominate the line of scrimmage.

Back