Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Problem with the Texans is that they think they are smarter than everyone else

TexansFight

Veteran
This is one of the main problems I have had with this team. Especially, when the Albatross Charley Casserly was still here. That guy always had smug look on his face and he always had the attitude that he knew better. Well, he left this team in an absolute terrible state and he has set this team back years.

But McNair and Kubiak deserve some of the same criticism. They have overvalued the "talent" they had in Carr and DD and believed the hype in that they could plug in any RB into this system and get over 1,000 yards from him. That type of thinking allowed them to pass up on studs in VY and RB and draft Mario.

As long as the Texans think they are smarter than everyone else this team will continue to suck.

Dumbest post to date.

Over value talent they had in Carr and DD. Do you even know what round we picked up DD in. Carr hasnt been held accountable.. till this year. And you see he is improving.

Dime said:
Dumbest post to date.

Over value talent they had in Carr and DD. Do you even know what round we picked up DD in. Carr hasnt been held accountable.. till this year. And you see he is improving.
I agree. Carr will be really good by season's end, even if the O line does its average sucky job.
Once the D starts gelling, we will be good.

TexansFight That type of thinking allowed them to pass up on studs in VY and RB and draft Mario. As long as the Texans think they are smarter than everyone else this team will continue to suck.[/QUOTE said:
Yea, that really sucks because Bush had all of 5 yards on 6 carries. Young is currently 0 for 3 with 0 yards passing. One of those two would have made all the difference in the world. Get Real.

No, the problem is that two guys were trusted for four years to do a good job. they did an average job, at best, and now another set of coaches has to come in and try to do four years' worth of work to get the job done the way the owner wants it to be done.

For all of our team's past failings, at least McNair is an owner who hires a man to do a job and then trusts him enough to leave him alone and let him do it as he sees fit.

THAT was the downfall of the Jerry Jones post-Jimmy Johnson Cowboys, and it still plagues them today. Owners who meddle int the coaching process are a plague: They make a wound fester and get it infected.

Our owner trusts much, and for that he is disdained by some. But for me, I trust the man who trusts.

It;s easy to say "You have a booger on your nose." It takes a smart man to say, "Here's a kleenex to wipe off the booger."

Just being able to yell "Fire!" isn't enough. You gotta' have answers, and Dom never had answers. And those who are crying right now, as well, do not have any answers. They just want to "Win Now!" and to hell with anything less than a win. Got news for all of you: In sports, there are wins AND losses, and you don't win every day.

As much as we would like to see a better team, how do you think PEYTON MANNING feels to be as good as HE is and to NOT have even BEEN to the Super Bowl yet? That's a terror within that man that even us lowly Texans fans cannot fully appreciate yet.

Gawd, I 'd hate to see this place if we ever did get "good" and then lost a menaingful playoff game or something similar to what the Colts are going through with Peyton. It just gives the rest of the sports world another log to add to the fire of "Houston sports fans are the most fickle fans in the world."

TexansFight said:
This is one of the main problems I have had with this team. Especially, when the Albatross Charley Casserly was still here. That guy always had smug look on his face and he always had the attitude that he knew better. Well, he left this team in an absolute terrible state and he has set this team back years.

But McNair and Kubiak deserve some of the same criticism. They have overvalued the "talent" they had in Carr and DD and believed the hype in that they could plug in any RB into this system and get over 1,000 yards from him. That type of thinking allowed them to pass up on studs in VY and RB and draft Mario.

As long as the Texans think they are smarter than everyone else this team will continue to suck.

Here we go again. :tease:

TexansFight said:
They have overvalued the "talent" they had in Carr and DD and believed the hype in that they could plug in any RB into this system and get over 1,000 yards from him.

The reason why it hasn't worked with us yet is that our linemen haven't learned to properly execute it yet. It will take some time, but it will work. Just remember...Kubiak's trying to install his system with most of CAPERS' players...before he can be more successful he has to get this team to be exactly what he wants.

TexansFight said:

:potkettle:

TexansFight said:

We had Great First Picks!!!!!!! It is what it is......Lets see what happens on game 3!!!!!!!

Hervoyel said:
Guys he's just trolling for responses. Let it go.

true Hervoyel...

With each loss, reminds me of the sayings

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious." --RobertHeinlein
"Those who try to build idiot-proof systems always underestimate the persistence and ingenuity of idiots." --anon
"If you make your system more idiot-proof the idiots will build a bigger idiot" --anon

I am not referring Texansfight as an idiot, I am just saying that with each loss we keep digging and digging for excuses of why we lost

we are a team that is still building, learning a new scheme..etc etc..

football world is tough..

wrestler4life said:
I agree. Carr will be really good by season's end, even if the O line does its average sucky job.
Once the D starts gelling, we will be good.
Carr is looking pretty good to me. So far this season he is 40 out of 53 for 427 yds, 4 TD, and 0 INT.

I will take that any day of the week, especially given the lack of protection he gets. My sole concerns for this team are defense and OL.

War Is Greed said:
Carr is looking pretty good to me. So far this season he is 40 out of 53 for 427 yds, 4 TD, and 0 INT.

I will take that any day of the week, especially given the lack of protection he gets. My sole concerns for this team are defense and OL.

don't bring logic into this.. some don't understand it :francis:

actually..some hate to admit that Carr isn't the weakest link in this team right now

Back