Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Pretenders eh? Marv Levy thinks so.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Marv Levy's Pretenders/Contenders list

So, since Marv believes that the Broncos are for real does that mean he'll take the Texans seriously if we come out of Denver with a win? Beating Jacksonville obviously didn't convince him we're doing anything more than overachieving. To be fair he doesn't think the Jags are the real thing either nor does he think the Jets are going to the postseason.

Hervoyel said:

So, since Marv believes that the Broncos are for real does that mean he'll take the Texans seriously if we come out of Denver with a win? Beating Jacksonville obviously didn't convince him we're doing anything more than overachieving. To be fair he doesn't think the Jags are the real thing either nor does he think the Jets are going to the postseason.

:tiptoe:

under the radar isn't a bad thing .......

All I know is overachieving is a whole lot better than the UNDERACHIEVING we witnessed in the first two games.

On to Denver!

If we win one Super Bowl, it will be more than Levy ever got to win so he can kiss our Toro! Freakin has been!

Eh.. I know im a homer.. but if you step back and really analyze our team.. thouroughly.. you cannot deny that we HAVE the tools to at least be a threat, and possibly grab the wildcard.

the only thing stopping us is the strength of our division, and the difficulty of our remaining schedule. So, if we dont make the playoffs, i doubt it will be because we arent a good team.. more likely it will be because, as good as we are, we just are not yet consistent or balanced enough.

So.. even though he calls us "pretender".... i like what i heard on the radio on the way home from the game better. we can compete with any team in the league, no longer will we go into a game as the obvious underdog.

Hervoyel said:

Marv Levy? Is he still living? idonno:

Here is what he said about Houston. Actually its quite flattering.

Houston: Pretenders. I think they're getting better but overachieving. If there were to be a real surprise team this year like Carolina last year, Houston would be the one, but it's going to have to come from out of the pack.

I think he's not so certain about us being pretenders if he thinks we could be the surprise team.

Baltimore is a contender? THEY ARE BY FAR THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN THE NFL!!! How do they win? Defensive turnovers. I'm sorry, but a team that is dependent on defensive turnovers to win because their offense blows so much is NOT a good team by any means. I don't think they even make the playoffs. Geeze! They have the same feakin' record that we do! What makes them so special? It's not like their schedule has been any more difficult than ours. Just because you've got Deon Sanders and you get a whole lot of media attention on Sports Center doe NOT make you a good football team. It's all media hype! OVERRATED, OVERRATED, OVERRATED!!!

A lot of these commentators are ****. I respect a lot of them for their success in the league, but aren't very good commentators. They make assumptions off of stat sheets and highlight reels. Now that's a great way to judge a team's success (sarcasm). :thumbdown

Back