Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Predictions for Sunday

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Put your name on it.

1. Drew Brees throws more than 1 pick. That's because he has a combination of Smith, Williams and Barwin in his face all day. Not a big believer in Zach Strief and Jermaine Bushrod. Olin Kreutz is pretty old and not very good either.

2. Thomas, Sproles, and Ivory gain well over 100 yards. Not going to lie Shaun Nobody is bad. Also, Evans and Nicks are pretty good guards and really if the Saints should have 100 yards if they have 25 or more rush attempts.

3. Saints D isn't going to be a sack machine against the Texans. In fact, I think most people are going to watch this game and leave with a much worse opinion of the Saints DL than they have now. Dolphins and the Colts both feature much better pass crushers, and none of them are speed/explosion guys on the Saints like Freeney or Wake.

4. Texans are winning the turnover battle in this one. With the running game being what it is I look for us to easily run on these chumps they have in their front 7, I mean have you seen what that LB corps will possibly look like on Sunday? That's just begging to give Tate another 100+ yard game, begging.

5. With no pressure to pass Schaub is going to have another high completion percentage/low yardage game. Callers all over 610 howl about Schaub is not good.

Texans 27 Saints 21

Put your name on it.

1. Drew Brees throws more than 1 pick. That's because he has a combination of Smith, Williams and Barwin in his face all day. Not a big believer in Zach Strief and Jermaine Bushrod. Olin Kreutz is pretty old and not very good either.

2. Thomas, Sproles, and Ivory gain well over 100 yards. Not going to lie Shaun Nobody is bad. Also, Evans and Nicks are pretty good guards and really if the Saints should have 100 yards if they have 25 or more rush attempts.

3. Saints D isn't going to be a sack machine against the Texans. In fact, I think most people are going to watch this game and leave with a much worse opinion of the Saints DL than they have now. Dolphins and the Colts both feature much better pass crushers, and none of them are speed/explosion guys on the Saints like Freeney or Wake.

4. Texans are winning the turnover battle in this one. With the running game being what it is I look for us to easily run on these chumps they have in their front 7, I mean have you seen what that LB corps will possibly look like on Sunday? That's just begging to give Tate another 100+ yard game, begging.

5. With no pressure to pass Schaub is going to have another high completion percentage/low yardage game. Callers all over 610 howl about Schaub is not good.

Texans 27 Saints 21

1. Brees has thrown zero picks thus far and has faced quality pressure from both the Packers and Bears.

2. Chris Ivory is not on the roster, nor has he been this season. But, substitute Mark Ingram in that role and you are correct.

3. The Saints have their top rush DE returning in Will Smith and most of their sacks come from the LB's and DB's that have greater speed and explosion than a defensive lineman.

4. Have you seen what the middle of the defensive line looks like for the Saints with three of the top DT's in the game in the rotation? Aubrayo Franklin, Shaun Rogers and Sedrick Ellis.

5. Expect plenty of pressure on Schaub.

Saints easily score more than 21.

1. Brees has thrown zero picks thus far and has faced quality pressure from both the Packers and Bears.

2. Chris Ivory is not on the roster, nor has he been this season. But, substitute Mark Ingram in that role and you are correct.

3. The Saints have their top rush DE returning in Will Smith and most of their sacks come from the LB's and DB's that have greater speed and explosion than a defensive lineman.

4. Have you seen what the middle of the defensive line looks like for the Saints with three of the top DT's in the game in the rotation? Aubrayo Franklin, Shaun Rogers and Sedrick Ellis.

dang a saints fan has the 2nd post :spit: i'm not really to worried about the saints. they are a very good team but i have a good feeling about this

Texans 31 Saints 17

It's funny because neither one of us can say for certain who is right!

1. Um, I know Matthews and Raji are good on the packers, and they have a pretty good secondary, but Cam Newton did the same thing to their defense. Brees game against Chicago was good, but he wasn't exactly getting under the kind of pressure Phillips is going to put him in. Remember, Drew Brees has thrown for 17, 18, and 22 interceptions in a season before, lets not act like throwing picks is something he doesn't do.

2. Okay

3.Call me crazy, but Chicago has probably the worst offensive line in the NFL. If you think Greg Williams is crazy enough to send 6 and 7 after Schaub he's going to get roasted on the playaction alone, much less if Andre Johnson is 1 on 1 on anybody in your secondary. I'll take AJ in any of those match-ups. Even with Will Smith coming back, he ain't nearly on the level of the pass rushers we've already faced. I would gladly welcome Williams throwing multiple 6 and 7 man blitzes.

4. Shaun Rogers is old, Aubrayo Franklin is playing out of position, and pardon me if I don't think Sed'rick Ellis has lived up to his draft stock. You guys have yet to face a real rushing attack since week 3 of the preseason.

5. Why, cause Will Smith is so good? Please sir, he's decent, but he's not some elite unstoppable pass rusher.

I don't see any of your predictions in that post there big guy.

Edit I lied you did say the Saints will score more than 21. Didn't even give a full score prediction, for shame.

JJ Watt, Mario, Antonio.....aka THE SWAT PATROL reak havoc on Drew Brees.....with a couple of batted down balls....
Mario with 2 sacks...JJ Watts and Antonio with one each....
Josepth with a interception....

Andre Johnson....over 100 yards and TD...
Tate over 100 yards rushing..... 2 TDs
Daniels TD reception......
Schaub 250 yards passing.....
Jacoby Jones punt return for td......

Final score Texans 28 Saints 21......

This is a statement game......

It's funny because neither one of us can say for certain who is right!

1. Um, I know Matthews and Raji are good on the packers, and they have a pretty good secondary, but Cam Newton did the same thing to their defense. Brees game against Chicago was good, but he wasn't exactly getting under the kind of pressure Phillips is going to put him in. Remember, Drew Brees has thrown for 17, 18, and 22 interceptions in a season before, lets not act like throwing picks is something he doesn't do.

2. Okay

3.Call me crazy, but Chicago has probably the worst offensive line in the NFL. If you think Greg Williams is crazy enough to send 6 and 7 after Schaub he's going to get roasted on the playaction alone, much less if Andre Johnson is 1 on 1 on anybody in your secondary. I'll take AJ in any of those match-ups. Even with Will Smith coming back, he ain't nearly on the level of the pass rushers we've already faced. I would gladly welcome Williams throwing multiple 6 and 7 man blitzes.

4. Shaun Rogers is old, Aubrayo Franklin is playing out of position, and pardon me if I don't think Sed'rick Ellis has lived up to his draft stock. You guys have yet to face a real rushing attack since week 3 of the preseason.

5. Why, cause Will Smith is so good? Please sir, he's decent, but he's not some elite unstoppable pass rusher.

I don't see any of your predictions in that post there big guy.

Don't worry. I'll place my prediction. I can see Tate and AJ both with a score. Quite reasonable for a very good offense. I am also expecting another from Daniels when he gets matched up with Harper. Roman Harper may be the best pass rushing and run protection safety in the league, but he has problems in the coverage game.

As for Will Smith, he has led the Saints in sacks more than anyone else since he was drafted.

JJ Watt, Mario, Antonio.....aka THE SWAT PATROL reak havoc on Drew Brees.....with a couple of batted down balls....

Once again, I will guarantee the Saints put up more than 21 at home. Pick a new final score.

Saints throw for 300+ Yards, 3+ TD, No ints...if the Pack & the Bears couldn't pick Brees, I'll have to see it to believe the Texans will.
Saints Run for 125+ and at least a TD
Saints Sack Schaub at least twice
Saints Pick Schaub at least once

Texans throw for 230ish yards and 2 TD
Texans Run run for >100 yards and at least a TD
Texans Sack Brees at least once

Game is close early with both teams trading touchdowns and field goals, half time score is within 4 either way.

Saints pull away in second half, ending with final possession kneel downs.

Final Score: Saints 34, Texans 24

:runaway:

Last edited:
Roman Harper may be the best pass rushing and run protection safety in the league, but he has problems in the coverage game.
As for Will Smith, he has led the Saints in sacks more than anyone else since he was drafted.

None of that makes him as good as the pass rushers we have already faced. Will Smith is most definitely on a tier below Freeney, Mathis, and Wake and probably lower than that if we are being honest here.

None of that makes him as good as the pass rushers we have already faced. Will Smith is most definitely on a tier below Freeney, Mathis, and Wake and probably lower than that if we are being honest here.

No, Will Smith is a much different pass rusher than Freeney and Mathis. They need to play with the lead. They are purely speed rushers. Smith cam better play the run to the QB. He has a more powerful rush and gets in there more often on those first and tens when the offense gets cute.

Texans lose to the Saints, but are still 3-1 after the first four games.

I think the defense still has some more Wade learnin' to do. We can beat the Steelers, don't think we will beat the Saints.

I would love to be wrong about this, I would love to be 3-0 after Sunday, but I just don't see it. We shall find out soon enough. Go Texans!!! :logo:

No, Will Smith is a much different pass rusher than Freeney and Mathis. They need to play with the lead. They are purely speed rushers. Smith cam better play the run to the QB. He has a more powerful rush and gets in there more often on those first and tens when the offense gets cute.

Mmmmmmm no. Both Freeney and Mathis are good rushers and have more than speed. Will Smith is much slower and not nearly as agile as either one, and his initial step couldn't even be misconstrued as being in the same galaxy as the two from Indy. Saints defense is more about creating pressure with superior numbers, not because any one player is dominant.

Clubber Lang: "Prediction? PAIN!!

All kidding aside, I think the Saints will win. A) They're at home and B) Our defense (which we ALL feel better about), won't be able to handle the onslaught that is Drew Brees and their running game.

More interesting to me is how good of game we give them!! Will we hang? Will we be in a position to potentially win the game? Or, are we going to roll over and have our pants pulled down and spanked?

Obviously I would be okay with winning outright, but I could also be relatively happy with a good showing and the Texans playing a really good game even if coming up a little short... The latter would be totally unacceptable!!!

Clubber Lang: "Prediction? PAIN!!

All kidding aside, I think the Saints will win. A) They're at home and B) Our defense (which we ALL feel better about), won't be able to handle the onslaught that is Drew Brees and their running game.

More interesting to me is how good of game we give them!! Will we hang? Will we be in a position to potentially win the game? Or, are we going to roll over and have our pants pulled down and spanked?

Obviously I would be okay with winning outright, but I could also be relatively happy with a good showing and the Texans playing a really good game even if coming up a little short... The latter would be totally unacceptable!!!

Definitely one of the first two. I am expecting a frustrating end for Texans fans with the Saints running out the clock with about a ten point lead through the final quarter with the Texans having a couple of possessions but having the pressure shutting them down.

Saints 34 - Texans 24

Definitely one of the first two. I am expecting a frustrating end for Texans fans with the Saints running out the clock with about a ten point lead through the final quarter with the Texans having a couple of possessions but having the pressure shutting them down.

Saints 34 - Texans 24

All that stated, I hope y'all run the table through the AFC! Ican't dislike your squad as much as I would wish to.

I think the defense still has some more Wade learnin' to do. We can beat the Steelers, don't think we will beat the Saints.

I would love to be wrong about this, I would love to be 3-0 after Sunday, but I just don't see it. We shall find out soon enough. Go Texans!!! :logo:

Damn you, Thorn.

:gun:

If we can beat the Steelers, we can beat the Saints.

Quite true. I wasn't the one bringing up irrelevant points about last year, only pointing out that yours was ...well...irrelevant.

Ok so you promise they will score 21 at home. Something they did 3 out of 8 times last year. If this was week 16 I would use this year. But what we have is last year.

Just a gut feeling on your part or....?

Saints 34 - Texans 24

I'm predicting the Saints fans leaving early, trying to beat the traffic.

Saints 14 - Texans 41

Steelers = Defensive Team
Saints = Offensive Team

Totally different matchup problems.

I understand.....

Texans = Offensive Team

If we're going to beat anybody, it would be the Saints. You aren't the only ones who can put points on the board. I'd think the Steelers D has a better chance of stopping our O than the Saints do.

I understand.....

Texans = Offensive Team

If we're going to beat anybody, it would be the Saints. You aren't the only ones who can put points on the board. I'd think the Steelers D has a better chance of stopping our O than the Saints do.

Texans must beat the Saints first :kitten:

Saints throw for 300+ Yards, 3+ TD, No ints...if the Pack & the Bears couldn't pick Brees, I'll have to see it to believe the Texans will.
Saints Run for 125+ and at least a TD
Saints Sack Schaub at least twice
Saints Pick Schaub at least once

Texans throw for 230ish yards and 2 TD
Texans Run run for <100 yards and at least a TD
Texans Sack Brees at least once

Game is close early with both teams trading touchdowns and field goals, half time score is within 4 either way.

Saints pull away in second half, ending with final possession kneel downs.

Final Score: Saints 34, Texans 24

:runaway:
Run or pass, the Saints won't be able to do BOTH successfully against Wade's defense. Expect the Chad Henne solution, force passing underneath and holes to run in the middle.

Just the fact that they haven't scored less than 30 yet this year, against defenses at least as good as the Texans'
ONE was "at least", the Pack defense isn't looking too stellar by anyone's measure.

I'll buy this

Drinking the koolaid

I'd think the Steelers D has a better chance of stopping our O than the Saints do.

Absolutely. No argument here...

I suppose that's a technically true statement, but being able to beat the Saints says nothing about your ability to beat the Steelers. The teams are so different...as you've pointed out, it'll likely be a shootout Sunday. Against the Steelers it's a completely different game.

ONE was "at least", the Pats defense isn't looking too stellar by anyone's measure.

I'm assuming you meant the Packs'...but yeah I thought about that shortly after posting...meh...whatever they haven't scored less than 30 this year yet and I don't see any reason they shouldn't be able to do the same Sunday. Doesn't mean it'll definitely happen, but I think 21 is a very very optimistic score for the Texans to be hoping for.

The Texans score 5 TD's and have a final score of 28-21? Did they make us give a TD back so Payton would get that "just sucked a lemon" look off of his face?:spit:

I'm assuming you meant the Packs'...but yeah I thought about that shortly after posting...meh...whatever they haven't scored less than 30 this year yet and I don't see any reason they shouldn't be able to do the same Sunday. Doesn't mean it'll definitely happen, but I think 21 is a very very optimistic score for the Texans to be hoping for.

Yeah, I meant the Pack...they've surprised me at how ineffective they've been. (Reading their own press?) I agree about the 21 points. I'm hoping to hold Brees & Co. under 30.

For the record, I expect the Saints to win 28-24. Hope I'm wrong though.

Just the fact that they haven't scored less than 30 yet this year, against defenses at least as good as the Texans'

Realize that after 2 games the Pack have a piss poor pass defense and Chicago is marginal right now. Since decreed that last years stats are totally irrelevant (apparently) this will be the first real defense you guys will have faced.

See how silly that sounds.

Realize that after 2 games the Pack have a piss poor pass defense and Chicago is marginal right now. Since decreed that last years stats are totally irrelevant (apparently) this will be the first real defense you guys will have faced.

See how silly that sounds.

Yep. That's now the second time that statement has bitten me with regards to the Pack. See post above.

Why exactly? They only scored over 21 points 3 games last year in the superdome.

And they scored more than 21 six times on the road. That said, the Texans gave up more than 21 points in ALL eight road games last season. Heck, the Texans only gave up less than 21 point twice all season!

Facts.

And they scored more than 21 six times on the road. That said, the Texans gave up more than 21 points in ALL eight road games last season. Heck, the Texans only gave up less than 21 point twice all season!

Facts.
I guess you didn't get the memo: This ain't last seasons Texan defense and we've decided to just disregard any defensive data from 2010. Thought you might want to know. :D :brando:

I guess you didn't get the memo: This ain't last seasons Texan defense and we've decided to just diregard any defensive data from 2010. Thought you might want to know. :D :brando:

Sounds good to me since I was responding to someone quoting last years stats. This year's stats are already looking better.

Back