Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prediction Special

How many wins in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're already starting to call for OB's head and he hasn't even coached a preseason game.

We're already starting to call for OB's head and he hasn't even coached a preseason game.
hey, get your torches and pitchforks now; avoid the rush
:kitten:

Edit:
I better clarify myself.
I don't want his head now or ever. But with the team he inherited I expect better than 4-5 wins. TK might have a point about the quick turnaround possibility. I mean, look at what he has going for him...
- Experienced defensive coordinator (who has FIVE SB rings)
- best defensive player in the league (J.J.)
- best athlete in the 2014 draft (by some accounts)
- one of the top 5 RBs (when healthy) in the NFL
- one of the top 5 WRs (if he comes back) in the NFL and some talented youngsters if he moves on <shudder>
- one of the best ILBs in the league (when healthy)
- a solid pair of CBs (hey, we could be worse off)
- one of the best LTs in football
- one of the best centers in football
- two QBs that he hand picked and two hungry youngsters

What's missing?
This turnaround ought to be faster than the last time we were coming off a 2-14 year.
...by a bunch.

But with the team he inherited I expect better than 4-5 wins. TK might have a point about the quick turnaround possibility. I mean, look at what he has going for him...

Nice post... but not my point at all. I think the mistake would be to think the turnaround is over if we finish with more than 9 wins. Even if by some freak of NFL fortunes we finish at 15-1, it doesn't mean that "we're back"

With this schedule, it's possible to win all 16 games & not have a "quality" win among them.

We don't have to be very good in 2014 to have a winning schedule, that's all I'm saying. We should not be happy with a 4 win season. That would be as bad as last year's implosion, imo. Finding ways to lose. Helping the other team win. Stuff like that.

Back