How do you want player intros done?

• Player by player - Texans tradition

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Solidarity is fine, revamp the process accordingly

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
Should the team go back to player by player or should the team decide to come out together every week?

These are your only two options. It's rather awkward (IMO) because the cheerleaders, flame operator, and fans are expecting player by player. When the team runs out together, it seems awkward to me - like all fanfare then nothing happened.

I think if they want to run out together, they should decide that and allow the FO folks to revamp the intro "show."

Running out together is fine but I will say this, if the team runs out together, they need to say something to the announcer and cheerleaders before they do it. Just to run out there on their own is, as my grandmother would say, just plain old rude.

Also, show a little respect to the cheerleaders. After all, they were the Texans' MVP for the first five years of the franchise's existence.

The defense decided they wanted to come out as a UNIT! They started that at the beginning of the season. THere was a write up about it someplace, but don't know where. Mario started it. Said they play as a TEAM so they will be acknowledged together. Right now I think it's just the defense. Sorta reminded me of the Steel Curtain when they marched out on the field Sunday. I liked it!! NOW, if they would play as intimidating as they were trying to LOOK, we would be in good shape with our D.:)

As long as we win, they can come out any way they want - tradition be damned.

Not sure I liked the "after-the-fact" intros. It kinda felt out of place.

While we're on the topic, can the cheerleaders speed up the "Houston!" "Texans!" chants? I always feel like it takes too long between the cheers - like they are waiting to hear the sound travel back.....

While we're on the topic, can the cheerleaders speed up the "Houston!" "Texans!" chants? I always feel like it takes too long between the cheers - like they are waiting to hear the sound travel back.....

I wish they would come up with something different anyway. That chant has never worked. JMO!!

I really like the chant, especially coming off the ramp at the end of any game!
It's just fun in my opinion.

As far as the players unity entrance, I understand the concept but think I like the individual players intro!:texflag:

I really like the chant, especially coming off the ramp at the end of any game!
It's just fun in my opinion.

As far as the players unity entrance, I understand the concept but think I like the individual players intro!:texflag:

I'm not saying I don't like the chant - I do. I just want them to speed it up a little. I just feel like there's too long of a pause between HOUSTON! and TEXANS! just my :twocents:

SheTex,

You are anti cheerleader. Nothing they do will please you. :O)

First of all, the CHANT has nothing to do with the cheerleaders. They just hold up the signs.

Second: you are partly correct. I do not like the concept of NFL "cheerleaders." BUT, it has nothing to do with how I feel about the girls themselves. They are hardworking young women who are doing what they want to do. They rep the Texans in the community, participate in charity work, work with young kids, do all kinds of worth while things. SOOOOOO, replying to the comment "nothing they do will please you" is totally incorrect.

It does not matter WHO is out there holding up those signs, it just does not work. Maybe if they had cheerleaders holding up signs on the 50 yd line and got in sync with those in the end zone, they might get more participation. I don't know. BUT, we are talking about TEXAN fans who would rather show up late and leave early, so half of them are not in the stadium to participate in the chant anyway. Blame the FANS, not the cheerleaders!! :texflag:

I like the unity of the team coming out together. Maybe after they run in have a video package of the players individually, but I like the TEAM coming in together.

Back