Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post game discussion - Jags @Texans

This play was a hard one to call. Could have gone either way. The call on the field was incomplete and replay was inconclusive to overturn. That right toe may not have been touching. It was not a bad call, just a tough call.

The official that was standing right there called it complete. He got overuled by another one that came from nowhere. It was a completed pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to mention which market would the league prefer to keep involved throughout the postseason, the one with 7.5M potential viewers or the one with 1.5M potential viewers?
Payback for being Europe's team. They've got a much larger market than the Texans.

This really comes down to what do you think the partnership between the NFL and Vegas is. Everybody knows where I stand, I just hate for the hometown team to be the org getting screwed. But this has been going on around the NFL for awhile now.

I left this game wondering who was the better team. That’s sad because it should be obvious. Refs impacted the game too much. They shouldn’t have called the Tank 58 yarder a flag. They should have called the sting interception a hold. They shouldn’t have called the phantom PI Calls. They shouldn’t have called the phantom defensive holding calls.

It was too much. It’s ultimately doing too much. Refs shouldn’t be ticky tack. They should call the obvious.

Atrocious.
and they missed the huge hold on Pitre at the goal line when we stopped them. The ref is STARING at that play. They also missed the face mask by Kirk to get down there as well as they placed the ball just inside the one but he stepped out just inside the two. Just a shoddy shitty bad officiating crew all around.

Complaining about officiating isn't gonna fix anything. There will always be officiating problems.

Texans got beat today at home by a team that seen them already.

Going from possible division lead to out of playoffs sucks but they still have games they need to win for a playoff run.

Take care of business and don't let it come down to league wide piss poor officiating

The official that was standing right there called it complete. He got overuled by another one that came from nowhere. It was a completed pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No he did not. He was waving his hands overhead, not making a complete motion, as he was.running to the spot. He then motioned for the other ref for a discussion. After a brief discussion he motioned incomplete. The second.ref motioned out of bounds. At no time was there a motion that the catch was a completion. On the replay it showed the ref at the moment of the catch. Again there was no motion of completion.

I think officiating is too difficult for humans to perform. It’s time for AI to take over.
I cant figure out how sports like tennis can show you EXACTLY where the ball hit to see if it was in or out…but the most watched sport with a ton of cameras and views and angles cant ever seem to be able to tell you if the line of gain was reached, goal line plane was broken, or if a WR’s feet are down in bounds….thats just mind boggling to me considering the insane amount of $ the league makes…

No he did not. He was waving his hands overhead, not making a complete motion, as he was.running to the spot. He then motioned for the other ref for a discussion. After a brief discussion he motioned incomplete. The second.ref motioned out of bounds. At no time was there a motion that the catch was a completion. On the replay it showed the ref at the moment of the catch. Again there was no motion of completion.
I thought the Side Judge / Field judge ruled “complete” then asked the Linesman for help and the Linesman overruled it.
regardless it was a complete pass and the refs got it wrong

Last edited:
Don’t know about anyone else but I’m in favor of bringing in another kicker to supplant Matt Ammendola. This game was a team loss but a solid kicker would have won this game for Texans. He is a liability that’s gonna continue to cost wins if given more opportunities.

If the NFL were to fix this game, you'd think they'd fix it the other way. The CJ Stroud story is among the most compelling in the NFL at the moment. The officiating was just plain bad, no need to concoct a conspiracy theory.

It could be fixed by refs rather than the league. That's what happened in select NBA games. Doesn't have to always align with the league's agenda.

I guess when you are playing a game officiated by this crew, similar to baseball, the coaches and players have to be aware that this crew has a tight strike zone and play/coach accordingly.

During Seattle's Legion of Boom era, the defense took the approach that they could hold on every play and the refs won't throw 50 flags per game. After this game, the Texans beg to differ.

It could be fixed by refs rather than the league. That's what happened in select NBA games. Doesn't have to always align with the league's agenda.
Agreed. That scenario is possible. However, in this case we're talking multiple officials... bribing an entire crew would be somewhere between audacious and insane.

I was at the game today, and feel ripped off. I spent damn good money to watch a couple of idiots decide to insert themselves into the outcome of the game. Those refs were horrible. The crowd was super upset at that crew and for good reason. Everyone around me was pissed off! No, it’s not the only reason they lost…but it was A reason. The refs should be there to only make it fair, not to make **** up that doesn’t exist. Just horrible.

They just don’t have all the pieces yet.
One of those pieces is experience.

The refs sucked. Nothing rigged. They just sucked and had undue influence on the game. Like in most sports. I think most of the suck can be removed in baseball. Because the action follows the ball. Not the same in football. A camera on all 22 players on every play? Probably multiple penalties on every play. When you think about it, the game probably needs fewer refs

Last edited:
Pretty sure the announcers said one ref ruled a completion and the other one ruled it not. I don't know about the arm waving .

Has anyone gone on Jacksonville Message Boards to see if their fans are complaining about the referees?

He was *starting* to make the “catch” signal when he was overruled by the other ref. That part was -clear- to me.

Agreed. That scenario is possible. However, in this case we're talking multiple officials... bribing an entire crew would be somewhere between audacious and insane.

I'm not saying it's likely or even happened, but I just got the same sense about something being wrong as I have with those. It was that impactful and ridiculous.

Not blaming the loss on it either. Even with their bullshit, we had many failure points on our own. I just think it's bullshit that the officiating made the job 10x more difficult.

If the NFL were to fix this game, you'd think they'd fix it the other way. The CJ Stroud story is among the most compelling in the NFL at the moment. The officiating was just plain bad, no need to concoct a conspiracy theory.

The NFL now openly promotes gambling, an enterprise that has provably corrupted the NBA and destroyed boxing. Gambling corruption in the NBA was all just conspiracy theory until referee Tim Donaghy wrote a tell-all book about it.

If the NFL is going to partner with bookies and put a business presence in Las Vegas, they should account for the suspicion those decisions naturally cause. We currently live in a world where Wall Street is rigged, elections are rigged, sports are rigged, and the NFL has now created a financial incentive to rig games. All that considered, they should be making every effort to earn back the trust of suspecting fans. Instead, what the refs have done to the Texans through multiple games this season has accomplished the opposite.

Below are the Vegas preseason odds for the winner of the AFC South. You tell me what incentive this creates for the NFL's Vegas partnership on the day the AFC South was up for contention.

1000001747.jpg

Last edited:
We need one more elite pass rusher.

We need one more playmaker on offense.

I'd take RB- Trey Benson (Florida State) in the draft, sign (2) UFA TE's- Dalton Schultz / Hunter Henry, and hopefully beef up the OL via just getting healthy and having a season under their belt with the new blocking scheme.....the rest will take care of itself.

Payback for being Europe's team. They've got a much larger market than the Texans.

This really comes down to what do you think the partnership between the NFL and Vegas is. Everybody knows where I stand, I just hate for the hometown team to be the org getting screwed. But this has been going on around the NFL for awhile now.
Yep and they'll get a home playoff game to make up for it (the jags). The Texans can come in as the wildcard team on the road and beat them.

Makes for a better story AND Jags still get some hometown playoff game money. Win win

The line of scrimmage after the completion was actually the 39 1/2 yard line. On the field goal, there wasn't a clear shot of where the ball was snapped, but there is an end zone shot on a replay and the ball is between the 40 and the 39.

93efa9c33d56fda6e44cb4d41174f33b.jpg

36d2f8a4f826fdfe9c25edd5e9cae876.jpg

Looks to me like they lost a yard.

I DO however believe it is poorly managed and even though there is some level of pretend accountability with players if they make bad plays/decisions (Fines, suspensions etc.)in a moment but little to no accountability from the refs when they get it so painfully wrong.
After every game, teams send in plays to the NFL they think were poorly officiated. We don't really know how the league uses the info. But, it could hurt the offending officials chances at postseason appearances.

Last edited:
The Texans took it in the shorts with bad calls. Seemed to me all of the calls extended the Jags drives.

Pitre held the receiver on Stingleys int.

Did you watch the Bills game? Just horrible horrible officiating in that game as well.

bad calls in the game Sunday night as well. just a horrible day of officiating.

this is the time of year that bad officiating can and will keep a team out of the playoffs. Sad

93efa9c33d56fda6e44cb4d41174f33b.jpg

36d2f8a4f826fdfe9c25edd5e9cae876.jpg

Looks to me like they lost a yard.
Apples and oranges. You're complaining about the referees spot. I'm merely talking about where the ball was actually placed. Look at the film when the following play is lined up (0:47). I was referring to the black line marking the line of scrimmage which appears to be the rearward nose of the ball. However I'll give you that the forward nose of the ball is actually maybe 6" more toward the 39, let's say the 39&1 ft line. The end zone camera shot is perspective. You can't actually tell where the ball was spotted before the center handled the ball.But the ball is clearly in front of the 40 yd line. How much is questionable. Also, a center, when he puts his hands on the ball, generally moves the ball backward just a fraction as he tilts the ball up. If you scroll back just a fraction of a second you perhaps can see the frame where the ball is, just as the center is putting his hands on the ball.

Texans could have won the game .
One particular drive stands out for me - it was the drive late in the game where Texans needed a half yard for first down at around the Jags 30 on 3rd down and Slowik chose to throw deep on both 3rd and 4th down.
I know what I would have done - what about you?

Back