Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

positives in Wk 5

Silver Oak

All Pro
I don't have to stretch to find them either:

1) Mario's 2 sacks, but really the D-line applied pretty good pressure most of the game.

2) AJ had a great game. Scrap my talk of seeing his value...he's The Man.

3) Seconday did not fare as bad as I thought they would against Peyton & Co.

4) after thinking about the loss for a bit, the team should realize they can now go toe to toe with the Colts.

like most all other sports teams, this team needs to learn how to win, and how to step on another teams neck when they're down to seal the deal. You could almost sense the change when we had the ball and the lead. no sense of urgency and direction as when they're coming from behind.

tough pill to swallow, but we played 3 1/2 quarters of very good football this weekend.

1) Mario's 2 sacks, but really the D-line applied pretty good pressure most of the game.

2) AJ had a great game. Scrap my tlk of seeing his value...he's The Man.

3) Seconday did fare as bad as I thought they would against Peyton & Co.

4) after thinking about the loss for a bit, the team should realize they can now go toe to toe with the Colts.

like most all other sports teams, this team needs to learn how to win, and how to step on another teams neck when they're down to seal the deal. You could almost sense the change when we had the ball and the lead. no sense of urgency and direction as when they're coming from behind.

tough pill to swallow, but we played 3 1/2 quarters of very good football this weekend.

I wonder if the texans work on 2 minute drills while having the lead on offense in practice. Their clock management is horrible.

Positives: Almost everything in the 2nd, 3rd and the first half of the 4th quarter. Really, this team was looking very solid.

Negatives: Well, I think we know.

I'm going to come across as a total punk.. but sorry there are no positives this week. A positive would be winning a freaking game not some hey D looked good or an we can run the ball. Positives are for teams that do win games and lose one every once in a while and until this team wins any games there are no positives.

I also thought Slaton was great and our OL seemed to do a nice job for the most part, with the exception of a few blown plays especially near the end. Hell I even thought Ahman looked pretty nice on a couple of plays. Diles was everywhere and I thought we called a good game on both sides of the ball.

Negatives, I will ignore the one we all saw since there's no need to belabor the obvious. I thought Walter could have been a lot more involved, although I guess you can only spread it around so much with AJ and Owen. I didn't see much on special teams from Davis or Jones either. It's sad how I'm just happy when Jacoby doesn't fumble it.

I'm going to come across as a total punk.. but sorry there are no positives this week. A positive would be winning a freaking game not some hey D looked good or an we can run the ball. Positives are for teams that do win games and lose one every once in a while and until this team wins any games there are no positives.
That's a fair point. In this context, a "positive" is about the same as a "moral victory."

Moral victories are for first-year expansion teams that lose to the SB champion by a field goal. Not for a team in existence this long.

I also thought Slaton was great and our OL seemed to do a nice job for the most part, with the exception of a few blown plays especially near the end. Hell I even thought Ahman looked pretty nice on a couple of plays. Diles was everywhere and I thought we called a good game on both sides of the ball.

Negatives, I will ignore the one we all saw since there's no need to belabor the obvious. I thought Walter could have been a lot more involved, although I guess you can only spread it around so much with AJ and Owen. I didn't see much on special teams from Davis or Jones either. It's sad how I'm just happy when Jacoby doesn't fumble it.

I will excuse Jones for all his PRESEASON mishaps...unlike someone else who will continue to go unnamed.

I'll try tomorrow to post something that is actually objective. There are some things to take away from this game. Right now I'm filling buckets with puke and bile as I sit and watch this game again. By the way. I called my brother after he stretched out and said that's the kind of bone headed play that winds up costing you a game foreshadowing?

Mike

2) AJ had a great game. Scrap my talk of seeing his value...he's The Man.

3) Seconday did not fare as bad as I thought they would against Peyton & Co.

No offense but screw that. There is absolutely nothing positive about this loss or losses period for that matter. Why? Because all those great plays by the individual performers today are for the record books by the NFL. This is the reason why no team, television station, or media type gives the Texans any respect. A team in existence for 7 years and we are still talking about positives in a loss. Mind blowing.

Well realistically guys...cmon there are A LOT of positives to this game. We played like a good NFL Team today...like a actual team that was ready to win our nest 4 games at home and ready to compete for a wild card spot...untl about 4 mins left and ONE guy lost the game for us...yes ONE guy.

Yea Brown gave up a sack, yea Reeves isn't a good CB...but thye played well enough for us to have a 17pt lead with 4mins left.

That's a fair point. In this context, a "positive" is about the same as a "moral victory."

Moral victories are for first-year expansion teams that lose to the SB champion by a field goal. Not for a team in existence this long.

I disagree.

"Moral victories" are for fans. "Silver linings" are for fans who want to believe their team is better than their record indicates. And personally, I think our team is better than 0-4. I think we have a good team.

And I'm a fan of this team.

I don't want to sit here and look at the negatives. And frankly, there weren't very many negatives in this game. But what makes the loss extra hard to take was that 1 guy made a couple of big mistakes (and to be honest, came close to making more mistakes than that) and those big mistakes cost us the game.

But we weren't blown out.

If we don't come out flat next week because of this loss, we should win. But the Dolphins are playing hard. They've beaten a couple of good teams and if we're not careful, they could beat us. In that case, we'll be the best 0-5 team in the league.

Back