Randy Bullock or Shayne Graham

• Randy Bullock

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Shayne Graham

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

gwallaia

Staff member
Prompted by the discussion on the other thread regarding Randy Bullock or Shayne Graham. Let's put it to a vote.

I haven't been to any practice and from what I have read On here they seem to be dead even. If that is true,then the texans go with the younger leg(with that said, I just gave randy his pink slip )

Yesterday I was all set to keep Graham, but I've changed my mind. Again. LOL

Since Graham wasn't impressive in his kick offs either, and since Hartman will be returning, I say go with the younger guy we drafted to do the job.

I voted for Bullock, but that doesn't mean I won't change my mind again. I reserve the right to be indecisive and act like a typical fan. :spin:

I voted Graham. He has been better during the preseason. I think they should keep Bullock on the practice squad though.

I have no idea. Before the preseason I was happy with Bullock starting, and I'm a Longhorns fan. He only had one miss, and it wasn't even that bad since it was a 52 yards FG. But Graham has been impressive as well, so I have no clue.

Graham has kicked 5 FGs this preseason, and has made all of them. 1 from 20-29, 1 from 30-39, 2 from 40-49, and 1 from 50-59.

Bullock has kicked 4 FGs this preseason, and only missed one. 1 from 20-29, 1 from 30-39, and 1 for 2 from 50-59.

stats from NFL.com

I think we have previously heard that Bullock had a groin issue. Over the next few days the groin issue will continue linger and as a result he will "tweak" something requiring a trip to the IR for the year. As a result I think Graham will win the job.

Probably Bullock, but its pretty close. Bullock's youth is what gives him the edge. With Bullock, providing everything goes according to plan, we have our kicker for the next 10-15 years.

Hartmann should return to handle KO duty, so I am not stressing about that either.

Graham .... Too much riding on this season to go with a rookie kicker and so far , Graham has performed better.

on a side note ravens going with undrafted kicker, so wonder when one of our guys get cut,if they will scoop up the leftover

Billy Cundiff won’t get his chance for redemption, at least not in a Ravens uniform.

A little more than seven months after he missed a 32-yard field goal that thwarted the Ravens’ Super Bowl hopes and just three days after he was benched for an undrafted rookie in the third preseason game, Cundiff was waived by the Ravens today.

"Billy had a great camp, the best he has had with us," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "He showed, like he always has, a toughness. These decisions are never easy, and this one was difficult for all of us."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...kicker-billy-cundiff-20120826,0,2308707.story

Anyone know the ranges for both kickers?

Also, anyone recall the playoff game where Graham missed two field goals? Did he choke?

Kubiak just mentioned in his press conference that Bullock went to IR with a groin injury. Graham got the job.

I think we have previously heard that Bullock had a groin issue. Over the next few days the groin issue will continue linger and as a result he will "tweak" something requiring a trip to the IR for the year. As a result I think Graham will win the job.

You fine sir are one crystal ball kinda guy! WINNER!

REP for that soothsaying.

Are you a wizard? Will I become a millionaire? When am I dying? :whip:

MSR .... I'll get ya when I can.

Ahhhh, so you are Kubiak's doppelganger. Glad we finally got that figured out.

They beat da hell outta Bullock's leg.

Kubiak to Braman: "Hold him down, Braman. Cush, wrap that bar of soap in a towel and introduce Mr. Bullock to the way we carry over players we don't cut."

Wap! Wap! WAP!

Texans with start the season with Graham on the roster & Bullock stashed on practice squad.

Not to pick nits bl but isn't Bullock "stashed" on IR VS. the practice squad? He presented after kicking well during the game with, in Kubiak's words, "black and blue groin area". He's out for the season.

Not to pick nits bl but isn't Bullock "stashed" on IR VS. the practice squad? He presented after kicking well during the game with, in Kubiak's words, "black and blue groin area". He's out for the season.

That's correct. Bullock is on IR. I predict he will be the kicker next year.

Did anybody read the article from yesterday's paper about Shayne Graham? From Marciano's quote, he makes it sound like there's still doubt about Graham.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...ws-job-as-kicker-has-to-be-earned-every-game/

“He’s done extremely well here,” Marciano said. “He’s been better than we thought he would be, and I’m glad we’ve got him.

“But we’ve got one more game to evaluate him. If he does well, he’ll undoubtedly be our kicker. Hopefully, he won’t kick off out of bounds or miss three field goals, because there are some other kickers out there.”

And to pick the nit of your nit, didn't they change the IR rules for this year? I think a player can come back after a certain point. So possibly Bullock could kick in the latter part of the season.

And to pick the nit of your nit, didn't they change the IR rules for this year? I think a player can come back after a certain point. So possibly Bullock could kick in the latter part of the season.

The Owners and the NFLPA finalized that point, along with pushing back the trade deadline by two weeks this morning, and both will be in effect this season.

However, I believe the IR rule is only applicable to players placed on IR after the regular season begins, so if that's correct, it doesn't apply to Bullock. Additionally (and I'm positive of this), teams are only allowed to add one player back per season, so it's not going to be a catch-all thing. On the otherhand, it will give us something new to speculate on from the mid-point of the season up until it's actually used.

Back