Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Playoffs 2023 season: Super Bowl LVIII

he played clean and made more than a few plays that extended drives for the 49ers. His coach let him down with shitty playcalling at critical times.
Playing clean doesn't beat the new goat

Man can't wait to see all my niner buddies tomorrow

Playing clean doesn't beat the new goat

Man can't wait to see all my niner buddies tomorrow

That’s all you can ask of any player..play clean. Mahomes didn’t play clean at all, he made a number of mistakes that should’ve costed his team. Don’t be fooled by his box score numbers. That 300 yds came only b/c of OT. Aside from that, if you really pay attention to how he’s been playing in SB’s..he hasn’t played all that well but once. It’s just the other teams more often beat themselves. No different in this game.

SF Blocked XP that proves to be huge.

muffed punt that sets up KC inside the 20

Mahomes int and SF gets negative yards on the drive b/c of dumb play calling by Shanny..

I really enjoyed watching tonight’s game outside of Mahomes’s and Kelce’s temper tantrums. I felt it was good football and there wasn’t much interference from the NFL/referees.

Purdy is better than I have given him credit for. He’s an outstanding game manager.

I felt very excited for the first time watching this game last night thinking this is the pinnacle of the sport and thanks to CJ and DeMeco we are on our way to matching up with them. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that way about the Texans before.

Congratulations to the Chiefs on 2 in a row, there are huge elements of lottery about the playoff system and a lot of the financial rules against teams staying great for how long they have. Now it’s time to go chase that level ourselves.

First, I got up and went to bed after SF finally mustered up the first FG of the game at the beginning of the 2nd QTR. I surmised it was going to be an ugly game and not worth watching until after 0330.

Second, after watching the 20 minute plus condensed game this morning, I came to one reality......a healthy Texans team, as currently set, could've beat either team last night.

Three, if Caserio has another banner off-season, it'll be the Texans who put a stop to KC's run.

Four, Go Texans!!!

Last edited:
point out the plays that Purdy DIDNT make that he should’ve. Every play that was there for him to make he made.
It’s not complex. A Game Manager went down and got 3. A Game Changer went down and got 6 for the Super Bowl win

IMG_0131.jpeg
pay attention to kittle and aiyuk

IMG_0132.jpeg
you have a second to throw this. Aiyuk is officially open after his man slips. Safety blanket kittle is open too. This is why Cj is special and is a game changer. Game managers usually don’t throw receivers open or put it on a money in less than 1 second

IMG_0133.jpeg
Purdy panicking and isn’t touched yet. Throws the ball away on 3rd & 4. Look at Aiyuk and Kittle lol

IMG_0134.jpeg
Kittle is thinking wth. Aiyuk is thinking “yeah we have a game manager”

1707735216424.png

Kudos to Purdy but 9ers are elite at every position besides qb. I knew they weren’t going to win this. Without the right qb, youre not winning a ring in this era. in the past, sure

It’s not complex. A Game Manager went down and got 3. A Game Changer went down and got 6 for the Super Bowl win

View attachment 13640

View attachment 13641
you have a second to throw this. Aiyuk is officially open after his man slips. Safety blanket kittle is open too. This is why Cj is special and is a game changer. Game managers usually don’t throw receivers open or put it on a money in less than 1 second

View attachment 13642
Purdy panicking and isn’t touched yet. Throws the ball away on 3rd & 4. Look at Aiyuk and Kittle lol

View attachment 13643

View attachment 13644
dos to Purdy but 9ers are elite at every position besides qb. I knew they weren’t going to win this. Without the right qb, youre not winning a ring in this era. in the past, sure
Good post Danny.
We knew Purdy was purdy good but against the GOAT not nearly good enough.
Yea and except for one position I truly think the 49ers are =or> to most of the Chiefs roster, and that gift of turning it over on the punt was huge.

Last edited:

View attachment 13640

View attachment 13641

View attachment 13642

View attachment 13643

View attachment 13644

Kudos to Purdy but 9ers are elite at every position besides qb. I knew they weren’t going to win this. Without the right qb, youre not winning a ring in this era. in the past, sure
49ers had their chances but that last drive of theirs was stifled for the most part by a superb and constant pass rush - Purdy was consistently forced to get rid of the ball prematurely and off balance.
In the end, the best player on the field won the game.

View attachment 13640

View attachment 13641

View attachment 13642

View attachment 13643

View attachment 13644

u can’t be serious with this. This is absolutely TERRIBLE. This isn’t backyard football man…….where there are no 1st & 2nd primary reads & you just drop back and choose to throw it to whomever is open man lol. #1, Everyone knows that things happen faster down in the red zone. And for ANY qb in that situation, you really only have time for 1 read & that’s if things are blocked up well…which they WERE NOT on this particular play you highlighted. Jones was bearing down on Purdy almost immediately. He came damn near UNBLOCKED. Every qb in the league including Mahomes & CJ would’ve done what Purdy did right there b/c There’s just no time to look for a secondary read like you’re asserting here with Kittle and Aiyuk. So Yeah he “panicked”..b/c you can’t take a sack there..The play was dead in the water before it even started. I love CJ, but this is a nightmare scenario for every qb.

What you’re missing in all your “analysis” tho is why is Shanahan even throwing in this situation? It’s 3rd & 4, the chiefs defense is absolutely gassed and you’ve got the offensive player of the year and leading rusher in the NFL imposing his will on that drive. You’ve also got the opportunity to get another 1st inside the 10 and take AT A MINIMUM 2 more minutes off the clock if u can convert the 1st…perhaps even making them use a TO. This isn’t even talking about the play design on the 3rd & 4 play where KC’s best defensive player comes UNBLOCKED..who got cute & schemed that gem up? Absolutely egregious by Shanahan there & it has shades of Pete Carroll not handing the ball to Lynch and instead opting to throw it with Wilson.

Contrast all that with What u saw from the chiefs. the ball was coming out extremely quickly so the rush didn’t really matter. Even on the game winning TD. Reid did 2 things there to help his qb. He made it a quick hitter play and he moved the pocket for him to buy him a little time in the even Wilks decided to blitz.

So for all the Mahomes knob slobbing…he was essentially a check down Charlie on that last drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Shanahan should have trusted McCaffrey and let him run until his legs broke off. Seems he hasn’t learned anything from that Falcons game.

Right now Shanahan is Tom Osborne at Nebraska in the 1980’s and Andy Reid is his Barry Switzer…Osborne eventually got over the hump. Remains to be seen if Lil Shanny can/ever will.

what’s ironic is Reid was what Shanahan is now when he was in Philly; great play caller but a bit of a tinkerer and at times tinkering too much & would cost his teams game…and of course he’d choke in big games losing 4 straight NFCCG with the Iggles before advancing to a SB…and losing to the pats.

I didn’t think that over-coaching was an actual thing until this guy. He just falls in love with his scheme/play calling too much.

Last edited:
Right now Shanahan is Tom Osborne at Nebraska in the 1980’s and Andy Reid is his Barry Switzer…Osborne eventually got over the hump. Remains to be seen if Lil Shanny can/ever will.

what’s ironic is Reid was what Shanahan is now when he was in Philly; great play caller but a bit of a tinkerer and at times tinkering too much & would cost his teams game…and of course he’d choke in big games losing 4 straight NFCCG with the Iggles before advancing to a SB…and losing to the pats.

I didn’t think that over-coaching was an actual thing until this guy. He just falls in love with his scheme/play calling too much.

You can take the coach out of the Kubiak but you can't take the Kubiak out of the coach..

I love me some Kubes btw, just sayin..

View attachment 13640

View attachment 13641

View attachment 13642

View attachment 13643

View attachment 13644

Care to give me some lotto numbers since you seem to know everything.

Game hinged on 2 big plays that changed the entire strategy

Blocked extra point

That punt hitting the niners foot

This is kinda of where I am and why I think those two up above us arguing both have a point(s). No team is going to play the perfect game so when they do eventually make mistakes or have an unlucky play occur can their QB rise up and make a play that eliminates the error or "bad luck play"? I'm not sold that Purdy has that ability.

CMC got 22 carries but it felt like he should've had closer to 30 at the right times. Its easy for me (and us) to sit here and Monday morning QB the losing SB coach.......

How do you define "play maker"?

I've got nothing against the kid, but when there weren't a play to be made, Mahomie found one. Half a dozen times.

Not even. He made 1 key scramble late in the OT drive and got lucky chunking the ball up deep earlier in the game…that’s 2 plays bro. The overwhelming majority of that game he was running side to side, getting sacked or checking it down short.

The difference was Reid complimented him with appropriate play calling. 9ers were giving up nothing deep so Reid called short quick stuff to take the pressure off him.

This is kinda of where I am and why I think those two up above us arguing both have a point(s). No team is going to play the perfect game so when they do eventually make mistakes or have an unlucky play occur can their QB rise up and make a play that eliminates the error or "bad luck play"? I'm not sold that Purdy has that ability.

CMC got 22 carries but it felt like he should've had closer to 30 at the right times. Its easy for me (and us) to sit here and Monday morning QB the losing SB coach.......

Shanahan’s fatal flaw as a HC has been that he thinks there’s a perfect play call for every situation & there’s not. Players, not plays. & There’s always a point in the game where u have to just put the ball in your best players’ hands and ride them til the wheels come off & let them do what makes them special. For the 9ers, that guy is CM3 & it’s very easy to get him the ball in space..yet Shanny forfeited that opportunity in that OT drive; the most critical point in the game. So I get it, Purdy’s not blowing anyone away with his physical attributes, but the game at that point should’ve never been put in his hands like that to begin with b/c he’s not their best player.

Look at the chiefs. Those last 2 drives. Who were making the biggest plays? They’re 2 best guys. Mahomes for a big scramble. Kelce with 2 huge receptions and runs after the catch late. No awesome schemed up play..no tricks from Reid trying to fool the defense with creative, unexpected calls to guys like Valdez-Scantling…just simple stuff with his 2 best guys asking them to just win their match ups coming right at you.

Last edited:
Game hinged on 2 big plays that changed the entire strategy

Blocked extra point

That punt hitting the niners foot

And that’s where luck comes in. No telling how the ball is going to bounce in a football game.

By the way, Purdy completed just 36.8% of his passes in quarters 3 and 4.

49ers are a classic example of you can get there without a top line QB, which so far Purdy is not, if you’ve got a solidly built team around you. It’s eventually going to be difficult to keep a team like that together though and they’re going to need a QB who can carry games for them and cover up deficiencies. It’s just how the game works now.

And that’s where luck comes in. No telling how the ball is going to bounce in a football game.

By the way, Purdy completed just 36.8% of his passes in quarters 3 and 4.

49ers are a classic example of you can get there without a top line QB, which so far Purdy is not, if you’ve got a solidly built team around you. It’s eventually going to be difficult to keep a team like that together though and they’re going to need a QB who can carry games for them and cover up deficiencies. It’s just how the game works now.
Purdy didn't drop the passes or fumble the ball on their first drive.
He had a lot of pressure in his face in quarters 3 and 4.

View attachment 13640

View attachment 13641

View attachment 13642

View attachment 13643

View attachment 13644

The 3rd frame there the defender is 4 feet away from him and bearing down fast - that is like a tenth of a second and even if he does miraculously get his arm over in time to throw, it will likely be swatted down or his hand will hit the defender and the ball goes anywhere.

u can’t be serious with this. This is absolutely TERRIBLE. This isn’t backyard football man…….where there are no 1st & 2nd primary reads & you just drop back and choose to throw it to whomever is open man lol. #1, Everyone knows that things happen faster down in the red zone. And for ANY qb in that situation, you really only have time for 1 read & that’s if things are blocked up well…which they WERE NOT on this particular play you highlighted. Jones was bearing down on Purdy almost immediately. He came damn near UNBLOCKED. Every qb in the league including Mahomes & CJ would’ve done what Purdy did right there b/c There’s just no time to look for a secondary read like you’re asserting here with Kittle and Aiyuk. So Yeah he “panicked”..b/c you can’t take a sack there..The play was dead in the water before it even started. I love CJ, but this is a nightmare scenario for every qb.

What you’re missing in all your “analysis” tho is why is Shanahan even throwing in this situation? It’s 3rd & 4, the chiefs defense is absolutely gassed and you’ve got the offensive player of the year and leading rusher in the NFL imposing his will on that drive. You’ve also got the opportunity to get another 1st inside the 10 and take AT A MINIMUM 2 more minutes off the clock if u can convert the 1st…perhaps even making them use a TO. This isn’t even talking about the play design on the 3rd & 4 play where KC’s best defensive player comes UNBLOCKED..who got cute & schemed that gem up? Absolutely egregious by Shanahan there & it has shades of Pete Carroll not handing the ball to Lynch and instead opting to throw it with Wilson.

Contrast all that with What u saw from the chiefs. the ball was coming out extremely quickly so the rush didn’t really matter. Even on the game winning TD. Reid did 2 things there to help his qb. He made it a quick hitter play and he moved the pocket for him to buy him a little time in the even Wilks decided to blitz.

So for all the Mahomes knob slobbing…he was essentially a check down Charlie on that last drive.

lol are you serious bro. You’ve seen Cj and Mahomes make that throw numerous times. Remember this, same scenario

IMG_0139.jpeg

Step 1 of being a game changer qb: you read the defense presnap and are mindful of the best options you have

IMG_0140.png

Step 2: because you’re a game changer qb you’re expecting to take a hit instead of focusing on the rusher unlike Purdy

IMG_0142.png

Step 3: You have to have quick decision making and take chances aka trusting and throwing your receiver open unlike Purdy who missed a wide open Aiyuk while still having the ball in his hand.

IMG_0143.png

Step 4: You expect to take the hit but certain players have this and some don’t like Purdy. The ability to stay calm and hang 1/2 seconds to deliver the right throw on money. Compare this pic and Purdy on contact and the ball is closer to Cj because he doesnt allow the defense to rattle him

IMG_0144.png

Step 5: the most crucial step of being a game changer qb. The ball is out of Cj hands right now and Nico looks covered? Mind you this is a playoff game on 2nd & 13 tied game 17-17 with 6 mins left. Purdy to aiyuk was gift wrapped but once again he isn’t a game changer qb.

IMG_0145.png
Step 6: Because you trust your receiver and you aren’t a game manager, you make a impactful play that is the last score of the game. You also have precise accuracy and week after week you’ve made these throws so you have experience that grows and makes you more confident when your backs against the wall.

now that ladies and gentlemen is the same scenario Brock was in on 3rd & 4 and sensational roty qb Cj shows you how it’s done. You have a right to your own opinion but you can’t say Cj or Mahomes has never made that throw. I’ve seen it all year and I could show some more examples but the bottom line is we’re talking about the Super Bowl man. You’re going on about Shanahans not using Christian but the play he drew up was a potential td but Purdy didn’t make the right read and looked like a rookie qb having tunnel vision on one side of the field. Super Bowl man… you thought the chiefs were going to give Purdy a ring on a silver platter? Haha nah man good players make good plays but elite players make game changing plays

The 3rd frame there the defender is 4 feet away from him and bearing down fast - that is like a tenth of a second and even if he does miraculously get his arm over in time to throw, it will likely be swatted down or his hand will hit the defender and the ball goes anywhere.
You guys prove my point every time. Elite qbs get it done, make it happen, no matter the circumstances. And that’s the bottom line because 1707805888941.png
Says so

What an answer,

Did you come up with this answer off of a spreadsheet.

Truth is Shanny choked.

He went for it on 4th instead of kicking a FG earlier in the game and it worked out.

He chose to kick the FG in OT and take the risk that an all time great QB wouldn’t be able to score a td. We know how that normally works out in the Super Bowl.

lol are you serious bro. You’ve seen Cj and Mahomes make that throw numerous times. Remember this, same scenario

View attachment 13646

Step 1 of being a game changer qb: you read the defense presnap and are mindful of the best options you have

View attachment 13647

Step 2: because you’re a game changer qb you’re expecting to take a hit instead of focusing on the rusher unlike Purdy

View attachment 13648

Step 3: You have to have quick decision making and take chances aka trusting and throwing your receiver open unlike Purdy who missed a wide open Aiyuk while still having the ball in his hand.

View attachment 13649

Step 4: You expect to take the hit but certain players have this and some don’t like Purdy. The ability to stay calm and hang 1/2 seconds to deliver the right throw on money. Compare this pic and Purdy on contact and the ball is closer to Cj because he doesnt allow the defense to rattle him

View attachment 13650

Step 5: the most crucial step of being a game changer qb. The ball is out of Cj hands right now and Nico looks covered? Mind you this is a playoff game on 2nd & 13 tied game 17-17 with 6 mins left. Purdy to aiyuk was gift wrapped but once again he isn’t a game changer qb.

View attachment 13651
Step 6: Because you trust your receiver and you aren’t a game manager, you make a impactful play that is the last score of the game. You also have precise accuracy and week after week you’ve made these throws so you have experience that grows and makes you more confident when your backs against the wall.

now that ladies and gentlemen is the same scenario Brock was in on 3rd & 4 and sensational roty qb Cj shows you how it’s done. You have a right to your own opinion but you can’t say Cj or Mahomes has never made that throw. I’ve seen it all year and I could show some more examples but the bottom line is we’re talking about the Super Bowl man. You’re going on about Shanahans not using Christian but the play he drew up was a potential td but Purdy didn’t make the right read and looked like a rookie qb having tunnel vision on one side of the field. Super Bowl man… you thought the chiefs were going to give Purdy a ring on a silver platter? Haha nah man good players make good plays but elite players make game changing plays

Try again.

1. This was not a play in the red zone where the clock for a QB is sped up.

2. The defender was not bearing down on him immediately.

Mahomes is great…but let’s temper the elite qbs get it done argument. This game was more about the chiefs special teams and their defense effectively taking Deebo and Aiyuk away from Purdy…& lil’s Shanny choking AGAIN. The Mahomes storyline is like 4th down the list of import……..but we all know the media is gonna play it up differently even though he completed all of 1 pass with air yards over 20 yds for the entire game.

Last edited:
You guys prove my point every time. Elite qbs get it done, make it happen, no matter the circumstances. And that’s the bottom line because View attachment 13652
Says so

Lol, So.........what happens when 2 elite qbs match up? Does the one who loses become less "eliter" & is now mediocore?. Your premise is ridiculous on its face & its the reason i hate how "right now" the media is & how they tend to cover teams and the NFL in general.

NVM

So sorry I got involved in this conversation. I didn't know this was the direction we were going. All I'm going to say is this was Purdy's first Super Bowl. His future is bright. & I'm looking forward to watching him grow.

Last edited:
Back