Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

[Pick 147] Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami

What I'm getting at is you can run 22 and still have basically 4 receiving threats and forcing teams to adjust to him in particular. That's what made Sharpe special. He has a wr coming out and played at 228. He wasn't some Gronk like te and Shanny/Kubes found a way to not only run effective, but have that mismatch. Jordan is too shifty for lbs and too strong for safeties. If he can stay healthy, he can be a chess piece out of old school base offense. Is he going to blow up players in the hole? No, but that's not needed. The modern run game is angle blocking and creating small seams. Even in limited chances, you can see his wiggle at the stem and his rac.
He stone-walled a blitzing Owusa-Koramoah on a deep pass to Collins early. Beck would have gotten Stroud sacked on that play

Because he doesn't have to give Schultz a breather, they can play together.
I would rather have a better blocking TE that can also catch drafted. Stover/Holken/Wiley etc... and use Jordan in different ways to maximize his effectiveness. Imagine using him as a FB/H-Back and sending him out of the backfield against LB's. That's a big play waiting to happen.

Beck's problem is mental errors. He makes at least one bone-headed mistake per game, be it missing a block, running a bad route, or committing some ridiculously unnecessary penalty on special teams. Even his return TD against the Jags occurred because he messed up. If he doesn't grow up he needs to be replaced.

Not sure why we keep cutting Brevin Jordan. We keep bringing him back, and he keeps contributing in big ways. He's useful and I love his attitude.
Brevin has never been cut.

Several weeks back, I made a similar statement as Lee. I would use Beck in some very limited cases if he is even resigned, but in general, I envision an expanded role for Brevin in 2024. I mentioned a comparison to Frank Wychek (RIP). Basically a FB/TE/WR/RB Jack of all trades…with Hback being his main duty. He is an underrated athlete. I think he showed that last Saturday. I think he is being totally underutilized even now…but I feel like the Texans brass is starting to unleash the beast.

Several weeks back, I made a similar statement as Lee. I would use Beck in some very limited cases if he is even resigned, but in general, I envision an expanded role for Brevin in 2024. I mentioned a comparison to Frank Wychek (RIP). Basically a FB/TE/WR/RB Jack of all trades…with Hback being his main duty. He is an underrated athlete. I think he showed that last Saturday. I think he is being totally underutilized even now…but I feel like the Texans brass is starting to unleash the beast.

If there is a player on your roster capable of scoring a 76 yard td you have to find a way to get them on the field.

Except Beck, that was ST!

You're right, I was thinking Jordan Akins. The O'Brien days are a blur.

Even blurrier than that, Brevin Jordan wasn't from the O'Brien days. He was from that first post-O'Brien draft along with Nico Collins, Davis Mills, Garrett Wallow (who is now with the Titans), and Roy Lopez (who is now with the Cardinals.)

That was actually not a bad draft all things considered.

Brevin Jordan needed work and development, and it looks like he might finally be getting it.

Even blurrier than that, Brevin Jordan wasn't from the O'Brien days. He was from that first post-O'Brien draft along with Nico Collins, Davis Mills, Garrett Wallow (who is now with the Titans), and Roy Lopez (who is now with the Cardinals.)

That was actually not a bad draft all things considered.

Brevin Jordan needed work and development, and it looks like he might finally be getting it.
To find 5 guys who stuck on NFL rosters with no high draft picks and finding a WR1 in the 3rd rd was an outstanding draft. Notice how we haven't heard spreadsheet guy or Lucky chiming in on how terrible of a job Caserio has done and all of that gloom and doom. This has always been a 3 yr rebuild from the jump and I thought it was going to be a 5 yr rebuild because I didn't think they would draft a QB until the 2024 class. Fortunately Hannah and the fan council got lucky when they mandated a QB be picked and Ryans/Caserio got lucky with Stroud.

Great teams always have a certain amount of luck involved, Ryans/Caserio got lucky when Barnett and to a certain extent Tart fell to them on the WW.

Back