Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Phillip Buchanon

texan279

Hall of Fame
Texans | Buchanon Eager to Compete - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:43:01 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans CB Phillip Buchanon is eager to compete in training camp and earn a spot in the Texans' starting lineup. "It's competition," Buchanon said. "I'm going to do what I have to do. I'm going to go out there and play and help the team." Buchanon, acquired in a trade with the Oakland Raiders, will join CBs Dunta Robinson, Aaron Glenn and DeMarcus Faggins in the Texans' defensive backfield.
:thumbup

He was on FSN a couple of minutes ago and said he is looking forward to interact with Glenn saying that he respects him very much and feels that they are very similar in their style of play and size. He also said that he will be asking questions to Glenn (not too shabby for a tudor/mentor) Hopefully Glenn's attitude will rub off on him.

PB sounded very excited and I am too.

I just saw him on the Southwest Sports Report and he seemed very excited to be here...He said Houston was on his short list (of course he would say that)...When asked why Houston was on his list he said, "If you can't beat em, you might as well join em"...He also said that he and Andre were very close at "the U" and he admires Aaron Glenn and has no problem learning from his since they're both smaller guys...He said he was impressed with Hoke when he recruited him, but he only wanted to go to Florida if they'd let him play receiver, and that didn't work out...He said he loves to have the football in his hands, that's why he enjoys returning punts...He said he was very impressed by Houston's facilities and Houston as a city...Buchanon seems like a very likable guy :thumbup ...

And this just in, 94% of America thinks this was a good trade for the Texans, according to FoxSports.Com

Hulk75 said:
What does Aaron Glenn think about this.........cant be to happy at all!
I dont really see why he would be, from what we know now he still has his job, until PB takes it from him by doing better in training camp. AG has been around long enough to know that this is a business and hes is getting old. There will be a place for AG on this team this year, im sure, and im sure hes just happy to contribute.

I think glenn is a very mature and responsible leader of our team. IMO he will take it in stride and groom PB to become a very top rated CB opposite Drob in the future. I dont think he will lose his starting position untill later in the year or not at all.

Glenn is a very mature guy. He has said that when the time is right, he will not have a problem moving to nickle back. Now, will it happen sooner than he wants????

I will be shocked if Buchanon beats Glenn out this year barring injury. Looking into the future Buchanon's peak is higher just because of the age difference, but the Texans are a relatively conservative/consistancy based team and Buchanon until proven otherwise is erratic (still a good trade IMO, but characterizing him otherwise isn't realistic). JMO, but folks need to be less enamored of age concerns and look at performance--Glenn still performs. Ex.--look back at the Bears game last year and see how many times Glenn makes plays, INT's or PD's/almost INT's.

D-Rob, Glenn, and Buchanan this year, and D-Rob, Buchanan, and Glenn next year sounds great to me. And Faggins is not too shabby himself.

I think much of the playing time will be matchup driven regardless of who starts. I can see Buchannon on home run guys like Ashlie Lelie or other comparable speedsters and Glenn on other WR type matchups.

Man our defense had so many INTs last year and there was no pass rush, just think what might happen with adding this guy and a pass rush.

i dont see PB beating out Glenn, i mean sure the guy is getting up there in age but didnt he still have like 5 ints last season, and still a good solid tackler.

To get away from the draft for a second lol I'd like to discuss our newly acquired Phillip Buchanon.Do yall think he will make a big impact next year as our cornerback?I mean do you think he's as good as Dunta Robinson?I mean him basically being our second round pick is pretty darn good hehe!

he obviosly didnt like being a raider, and i cant blame him, he will have better coaches in houston not to mention better fans, and better teamates. The raiders secondary wasnt exactly good last year, but their secondary coach wasnt that good either, just look at what we did with Demarcus Faggins. Great pickup CC.

Back