Houston...278 yards
SanDiego...14 yards

Eli Manning
Carolina ..263 yards
Indy... 161 yards
Tennessee...386 yards
Chicago....195 yards
Houston....297 yards

I was just wondering how bad our pass defense really is. I know we're ranked last in the league, but how much does that really tell us? You know... we're talking about how bad Kj is, how we made Gradkowski look like a probowler, etc... etc...

So I decided to see how the QBs we faced fared against other teams.
Gradkowski only had one other complete game, Arizona. & he did about as well as he did against us. I find that interesting, because DRC is often mentioned as a CB many of us would like to have on this team.

I've heard how bad we are, because we had Tony Romo looking like a Hall of Famer. BUt Romo has been pretty consistent, regardless who they played. They didn't win those games.... but they played offenses that scored.

McNabb, he didn't put it on anybody else the way he put it on us, but he did get 350 in a win against Greenbay.

& of course Eli Manning. We were comparable to Carolina, not as bad as Tennessee.

So what does this tell us?
It tells me, our best defense is our offense. We suck, & the less we rely on our defense the better. If our offense doesn't show up, we don't stand a chance.

While we are bad, there are other teams just as bad as we are.

Grass is green, water is wet, & WRs catch footballs.

thats been my felling as well. the O has to score 20+ pts and the defense needs to force a turnover here or there. our O has been whipped in both losses leaving our D out there to be mauled over and over again. hopefully our O can change things up for the kc game. the D can only get better...right?

Those stats put a bit of a different light on the matter, and if our offense is our best defense, then we are simply another Marino and Dolphins that never won a super bowl. It takes both. I know our offense hasn't always looked so good, but it is an offense that can get us into the playoffs. Our defense is 29th in the league in getting scored on, so no matter how you put it, until that get's fixed, it's a tough road ahead for the Texans.

I'm not about to defend our secondary, but we're also doing pretty damn well on 3rd down. I think it was 34% for something like 10th in the league. That's pretty good.

Oh yeah, Tennessee sucks.

koolaid-good.png

imgres

imgres

Those stats put a bit of a different light on the matter, and if our offense is our best defense, then we are simply another Marino and Dolphins that never won a super bowl. It takes both. I know our offense hasn't always looked so good, but it is an offense that can get us into the playoffs. Our defense is 29th in the league in getting scored on, so no matter how you put it, until that get's fixed, it's a tough road ahead for the Texans.

I hear ya Thorn.... but I don't think we'll be this bad all year long. We are young, I believe we will get better.

Our offense is supposed to be the strength of this team. It should allow us to suck on D for a few more games before we are playing well.

As a matter of fact, I think this game would have been another W, if our Offense could have just scored 17-24 points.

I hear ya Thorn.... but I don't think we'll be this bad all year long. We are young, I believe we will get better.

Our offense is supposed to be the strength of this team. It should allow us to suck on D for a few more games before we are playing well.

As a matter of fact, I think this game would have been another W, if our Offense could have just scored 17-24 points.

AJ not being a 100% hurts, and the opposing teams can scheme on that. Until AJ is back to health, it's going to be tough going. I think the Monday night game at Indy will bring us a healthy AJ and back to being a good team.

Well, I missed on that one.

Looking at our record vs divisions I got to thinking.

First, IF (& I know it's a big if) we beat Jacksonville & Tennessee beats Indy, every team in our division will finish 2010 at 3-3 in division games.

As bad as Indy is this year, no one in our divsion has swept them this year.

We're 2-2 against the AFC West.... just like Jacksonville. Indy is 3-1, Tennessee is 1-3.

We lost our match-ups against the AFC East & AFC North, just like Tennessee did (Miami & Pittsburgh). Jacksonville won both their games (Buffalo & Cleveland). Indy lost their AFC East (Patriots) game & won their AFC North (Bengals) game.

We were 1-3 against the NFC East, beating the Redskins, losing to the Cowboys, Giants, & Eagles. The Jags are also 1-3, beating the Cowboys, losing to the Giants, Eagles & 'Skins. The Titans are 3-1 against the NFC East, beating all but the Eagles. The Colts are 2-2, beating both Washington & the Giants, losing to the Dallas & the Eagles.

A little extra.

We've beat 2 teams with a winning record (so far) Indy & KC.
Indy has beaten 3 teams with a winning record; Giants, KC, Jacksonville.
Jacksonville has beaten 1 team with a winning record. Indy
Tennessee has beaten 3 teams with a winning record. Giants, Philly, Jacksonville.

Again with the big if, but if we beat Jacksonville, that would be 3 wins against teams with winning records......

We have lost to 4 teams with losing records. Dallas, San Diego, Tennessee, & Denver.
Jacksonville has lost to 3 teams with losing records; San Diego, Tennessee, Washington (again, if we beat them, that would make 4).
Tennessee has lost to 5 teams with losing records; Denver, San Diego, Miami, Washington, Houston.
Indy has lost to 2 teams with losing records; Houston & Dallas.

None of this means anything, I just thought it was interesting.

Still more.

San Diego is 4-0 against the AFC South.
KC is 2-2
Denver is 2-2
Oakland is 0-4

Philly is 3-1 against the AFC South, losing only to Tennessee
Giants 2-2
Washington 2-2
Dallas 2-2

Until we start winning the games that we are supposed to win (against teams like the Broncos) what we do against teams with winning records won't matter.

The Jets have 2 wins against teams with winning records; Patriots & Steelers
They have 2 losses to teams with losing records; Chicago & Miami

The Ravens have 4 wins against teams with winning records; Jets, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay & New Orleans.
They have 1 loss against a team with a losing record; Cincinnatti (their last game is also against Cincinnatti).

Until we start winning the games that we are supposed to win (against teams like the Broncos) what we do against teams with winning records won't matter.

We beat all the teams like the Broncos on our schedule last year, so there is more to it than that.

Indy lost to the Cowboys, the Ravens lost to the Bengals, The Patriots lost to Cleveland, so there's another whole in your theory.

We need to be able to beat the Ravens, Eagles, Jets, Giants..... teams with winning records....

Well, we just need to win more consistently.

But this thread is about perspective....... The Colts & Jags didn't do much better than we did..... they did however do better when it counted & that's what's important.

Fischer, once again didn't do any better than Kubiak... IMHO, that doesn't mean that Kubiak is better than what's being said on this board now, but that Fischer isn't any better than Coach K.... different times, different circumstances.... Del Rio & Fischer's success had more to do with things other than their coaching ability.

Philly is 3-1 against the AFC South, losing only to Tennessee
Giants 2-2
Washington 2-2
Dallas 2-2

9-7

If the NFC East is a tougher division than the AFC South, it's not by much.

Vs the NFC East
Tennessee 3-1
Indy 2-2
Jacksonville 1-3
Houston 1-3

7-9

AJ not being a 100% hurts, and the opposing teams can scheme on that. Until AJ is back to health, it's going to be tough going. I think the Monday night game at Indy will bring us a healthy AJ and back to being a good team.

:lol:

:kubepalm:

Fischer, once again didn't do any better than Kubiak... IMHO, that doesn't mean that Kubiak is better than what's being said on this board now, but that Fischer isn't any better than Coach K.... different times, different circumstances.... Del Rio & Fischer's success had more to do with things other than their coaching ability.[/QUOTE]

Kubiak isn't half the coach Fischer is. The Texans roster has much more talent than the Titans roster, there is no arguing that. I'd take Jeff any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Fischer, once again didn't do any better than Kubiak... IMHO, that doesn't mean that Kubiak is better than what's being said on this board now, but that Fischer isn't any better than Coach K.... different times, different circumstances.... Del Rio & Fischer's success had more to do with things other than their coaching ability.

Kubiak isn't half the coach Fischer is. The Texans roster has much more talent than the Titans roster, there is no arguing that. I'd take Jeff any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Last time I was on a Titans board (our last game with them actually) it seemed they wanted rid of Fisher as much as we want rid of Kubiak.

Back