Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Perception is an interesting thing!

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
If you would talk to a TV announcer about Bret Farve being in a game and Carr in another, you can guess who they would pick. But its interesting to note that last year David threw for 11 INTS while Bret threw for 29. Farve had a QB rating of 70.9 while David had a 77.2.

I only throw those out to show you it really is perception in a lot of cases. There is no question Farve is on the Decline and David we are not certain about. Farve is a victum of the pack loosing their line and it aging. Same could be said for David. I always felt that Sapp's play taking out the GB lineman was the end of the string for them. They have never been quite the same since.

I think we as fans have to let the game come to us just as David has to too. I think this is going to be an interesting year and I have faith this coaching staff is going to do a sensational job. Just have patience and enjoy the ride.

Favre threw more TD's, threw for about 1400 more yards, completed twice as many passes over 20 yards and over 3 times more for over 40, let himself get sacked 1/3 less... and led his team to more wins. So perception is sometimes reality.

the wonger need food said:
Favre threw more TD's, threw for about 1400 more yards, completed twice as many passes over 20 yards and over 3 times more for over 40, let himself get sacked 1/3 less... and led his team to more wins. So perception is sometimes reality.
Yea...well think how good Carr's gonna be in the vertical position! Go Texans!:)

I think a big part of fans perception with Favre is an emotional attachment, as well as respect for his HoF career. Those kinds of bonds can cloud your judgement during a player's last years. That being said, I think he's still got enough in the tank to be an impact somewhere (probably not GB, tho').

Carr, on the other hand, has had the (mis)fortune to be on a team that has never had a winning record. As goes the team, so goes the public perception of our QB. If DC can lead us to a winning season, things will probably start to change.

We might as well make a play where Carr runs in motion because he sure never stays in the pocket.:yahoo:

I'd like to see Carr throw a TD pass and act like he's actually been there before -

What's wrong with running downfield and greeting a teammate in the endzone after scoring? That seems a little petty to me. No shame in being excited about putting points on the board.

Favre has been a declining QB for years now. He does things with the football you wouldn't let a True Freshman do without tearing him a new one. I don't buy the 'Favre has no help' argument either; he's had both pro bowl talent and depth at receiver, as well as in the backfield, and along the offensive line (in recent years). The defense actually led the league in TOs and was top 10 overall last year, so if you're as great as everyone thinks Favre is, you should have no problem maneuvering your team to some playoff wins...

I only throw those out to show you it really is perception in a lot of cases. There is no question Farve is on the Decline and David we are not certain about.
I perceive this to be the best sentence out of the entire post. Farve is definitely on the Decline. While I like him as a QB, and his antics, it really is time to hang up the cleats, as hard as that is for someone like him.

and David we are not certain about. That is another very true statement. Course problem there is the fact that he has had 4 FULL season's of playing. He is a #1 pick, just signed a 3 yr deal for mega bucks, and yet we still honestly have no idea of what his ability as a QB is??:confused:

optimistically he is the next coming of Joe Montana.

realistically, he is overpaid, underperforms, and is still to date a HUGE question on if he can even play at the NFL level. Cause he hasn't shown diddly squat so far of ability, IMHO.

this thread is and insult to brett favre honestly doesnt the man deserve a little more respect that being compared to david carr. i dont think im the only football fan that would take a 35 or so bret favre over a 20 something carr if you do your just a homer with no forgiveness from the God Vince Young:stirpot: .

Ibar_Harry said:
If you would talk to a TV announcer about Bret Farve being in a game and Carr in another, you can guess who they would pick. But its interesting to note that last year David threw for 11 INTS while Bret threw for 29. Farve had a QB rating of 70.9 while David had a 77.2.

I only throw those out to show you it really is perception in a lot of cases. There is no question Farve is on the Decline and David we are not certain about. Farve is a victum of the pack loosing their line and it aging. Same could be said for David. I always felt that Sapp's play taking out the GB lineman was the end of the string for them. They have never been quite the same since.

I think we as fans have to let the game come to us just as David has to too. I think this is going to be an interesting year and I have faith this coaching staff is going to do a sensational job. Just have patience and enjoy the ride.

Very astute observation. Perception is reality.

Back