Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez to be Questioned

Have to say I thought the defense 1) had the wrong guy closing and 2) should've stuck to "what ifs". Fee was a much more persuasive speaker for a jury, Sultan was better arguing to the Judge. They had tough facts, but didn't seem to do much of anything during the trial. Sultan won most of the pretrial battles, but I'd think that reduces any chance of success in appeal.

How appropriate for 16+ weeks every year when roar of the crowd at Gillette Field reaches inside the prison walls prompting Hernandez's fellow inmates to rag on him...

Hey, NFL, ball's coming your way! Oh wait, you can't catch it cuz you're in here with us criminals!

What does NFL stand for? Not for long. And that's how long that you had that $40 million!

Hey NFL college boy, did you ever go to class? Criminology, maybe. Like, how to leave evidence everywhere when you do murder?

Hey, NFL... how much did you pay those sorry ass lawyers you hired? Sheeeatt, I can do nothing for half of what they charged you.

Year after year, bad joke after bad joke. Had it all, now you're nothing.

Dear Lawrence Phillips:

My fellow inmates are being mean to me. Do you have any recommendations on how I can deal with that?

Signed,
Looking for Help in Walpole

Reactions: TD
Sheriff: Aaron Hernandez exhibits some `sociopathic issues'
Aaron Hernandez yesterday told jail guards the jury got it wrong before he headed off to his new cell in a state prison, Bristol County Sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson said, the day after the fallen New England Patriot was sentenced to life for first-degree murder.

“When he left the court after his sentence he still had his — according to my staff — his swagger — but it’s not surprising with him,” Hodgson said on Boston Herald Radio’s “Boston Herald Drive” program. “He told our people, ‘Look, they’re wrong and I’ll miss you guys,’ but (he) sort of still had his swagger in his step.”

Hernandez was found guilty in Fall River Superior Court of killing his friend, 27-year-old semi-pro football player, Odin Lloyd, who was gunned down in a North Attleboro industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez’s home on June 17, 2013.

Of the thousands of inmates he’s dealt with over his career, Hernandez is “the best I’ve ever seen at manipulation,” Hodgson told hosts Tom Shattuck and Adriana Cohen, saying the former tight end seems to have “sociopathic issues.”

“Over the course of time I’ve had a lot of opportunities to speak with him and one of the things that I learned was that he is the best I’ve ever seen at manipulation. He is the best I’ve ever seen at compartmentalizing things so that he doesn’t have to deal with the here and now,” Hodgson said, adding, “he is a master at using his charm to position himself and get what he needs. I’ve never seen anybody better at it. Literally if he sat down with you and you had not met him before within five minutes you’d be saying ‘hey listen, let’s go out and get a beer.’ ... He’s very respectful - but I saw the other side.”

Hodgson also said conversations he’s had with Hernandez during his time in prison have revealed that he still has deep issues with his father’s death and that being disrespected triggers his “hot button” — something prosecutors have indicated may have led Hernandez to kill two men in Boston in 2012.

“When you disrespect Aaron Hernandez you disrespect the memory of his father and that would send him to a point where he would become enraged because he has the anger around the loss of his own father,” Hodgson said, adding that the behavior the former star tight-end has exhibited in jail indicates he has some “sociopathic issues.”

Hernandez was charged with assaulting a fellow inmate and threatening a guard during his stay in a Bristol county jail.

“I don’t think he’ll ever admit to himself or anyone else that he was involved in (the Lloyd murder) or maybe he was responsible for it and that’s part of his defense mechanism,” Hodgson said. “He will compartmentalize — he saw himself at training camp and not at prison and that’s his survival mechanism and that’s how he does it and he’s very good at it.”
http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...on_hernandez_exhibits_some_sociopathic_issues

Game’s over for Aaron Hernandez
In the end, perhaps for the first time in his life, it didn’t matter how fast Aaron Hernandez could run because, as he learned yesterday, there are some things you can’t outrun. A jury of his peers was one of them.

The former New England Patriots Pro Bowl tight end was convicted of murdering a 27-year-old acquaintance named Odin Lloyd yesterday in Fall River after a two-month trial and six days of jury deliberation. Like Hernandez, Lloyd was a football player, but he had none of the many gifts Hernandez was blessed with.

When Hernandez moved he was like a gazelle, bounding free, so difficult to corral that at times it seemed as if he’d disappeared right in front of a defender. His ability was recognized early and at some point he began to understand that it was a key that could unlock any door.

Time and again, we came to learn, it had gotten him out of trouble. It made grown men look the other way or tolerate in him things they would not have accepted in their own children.

He would become All-America at Florida, but had barely been in Gainesville for two weeks when, at 17, he tried to walk out on a bar tab and sucker punched a bar employee, rupturing his eardrum. The police wanted to prosecute but the football star got “deferred prosecution.” In other words, he could run fast so they let him walk. Odin Lloyd would not have been so lucky. Neither would you.

He became a first-round talent but wasn’t selected until the fourth round because at least a dozen NFL teams refused to consider him for employment. Some, like Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff, didn’t like his attitude or his entourage. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but he had a feeling and he didn’t like what he felt.

Even the Oakland Raiders, known for being the NFL’s version of Boys Town, declined to put Hernandez on their board, a source in their organization said. They’d heard too many stories about too many problems and were aware that every time he went home to Bristol, Conn., the coaches at Florida held their breath. The Patriots took a chance on him and he paid instant dividends. By his second season he was a Pro Bowl tight end who caught 79 passes and took them 910 yards. Seven times his runs ended in the end zone. His skills were undeniable, but after his arrest, former teammate Matt Light said, “I never talk about other guys but I will say I have never embraced - never believed in - anything Aaron Hernandez stood for.”

Hernandez was stopped in a car speeding around 100 mph on the Southeast Expressway a few nights after the Patriots were eliminated from the playoffs and told the cops everything was fine because, as he put it, “I’m Aaron Hernandez.” What the police allegedly did that night was give Hernandez a ride to Foxboro. After all, he had the gift. Wonder where they would have driven Odin Lloyd.

“Aaron Hernandez may have been a well-known New England Patriots football player,” Bristol County District Attorney Thomas Quinn said after the verdict was announced. “However, in the end, the jury found that he was just a man who committed a brutal murder. The fact that he was a professional athlete meant nothing in the end. He is a citizen who was held accountable by the jury for his depraved conduct.”

Maybe Hernandez pulled the trigger and maybe he didn’t. But he was the alpha male in his circle of miscreants and misfits. He ran the show, bought the guns, summoned his accomplices to his side and drove what became Odin Lloyd’s funeral car to a darkened industrial park. Four went in. Three came out. It’s hard to outrun that, no matter what your gifts are.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...015/04/borges_game_s_over_for_aaron_hernandez

His present attorneys have not shown any signs of being the ones involved in the upcoming double murder trial..........the non interests appears to be due to the fact that Hernandez's finances are now essential zilch.........and any of his assets/holdings, such as his house, have been frozen with court orders mandating that their sale may only be used to pay off anticipated civil filings.

One of the reasons that Hernandez's assets such as his home has been frozen.

Victim's mom to move ahead with suit against Aaron Hernandez

By MICHELLE R. SMITH
Associated Press

Posted Apr. 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Updated Apr 22, 2015 at 3:09 PM

BOSTON (AP) — The mother of a man slain by former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez is moving forward with a lawsuit against him, and her lawyer said Wednesday that his first step is to figure out how much money Hernandez has left and where he's keeping it.

Lawyer Douglass Sheff also said during a news conference that he plans to call Hernandez to testify when the case goes to trial, though that could be years away. He said Ursula Ward, the mother of Odin Lloyd, wants to look him in the eye when he testifies.

"She wants to ask what happened. Very simple: 'What happened?' And the next question: 'Why?'" Sheff said, calling Lloyd's death an unthinkable loss.

Hernandez did not testify at his criminal trial.
link

Have to say I thought the defense 1) had the wrong guy closing and 2) should've stuck to "what ifs". Fee was a much more persuasive speaker for a jury, Sultan was better arguing to the Judge. They had tough facts, but didn't seem to do much of anything during the trial. Sultan won most of the pretrial battles, but I'd think that reduces any chance of success in appeal.

How appropriate for 16+ weeks every year when roar of the crowd at Gillette Field reaches inside the prison walls prompting Hernandez's fellow inmates to rag on him...

Hey, NFL, ball's coming your way! Oh wait, you can't catch it cuz you're in here with us criminals!

What does NFL stand for? Not for long. And that's how long that you had that $40 million!

Hey NFL college boy, did you ever go to class? Criminology, maybe. Like, how to leave evidence everywhere when you do murder?

Hey, NFL... how much did you pay those sorry ass lawyers you hired? Sheeeatt, I can do nothing for half of what they charged you.

Year after year, bad joke after bad joke. Had it all, now you're nothing.

I would love to see these two guys share a cell and decide who's the bigger idiot.

11085037_471296733027507_76605582_n.jpg

Michele Steele ‏@ESPNMichele
Breaking: Grandy Jury indicts Aaron Hernandez for shooting Alexander Bradley, who allegedly witnessed double homicide

That's
1636459_85466314.jpg
he's shot, so far.

Source: Aaron Hernandez a lookout in prison fight

(CNN)Convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez is in trouble once again, getting mixed up in a prison fight, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the incident said Tuesday.

Hernandez allegedly agreed to be the lookout for another inmate who went into another prisoner's cell at Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Those two inmates got into a fight Monday, the source says, believed to be gang-related.

All three men are being disciplined over the incident, including the former professional football player, who was put in a special management section.

Source: Aaron Hernandez a lookout in prison fight

(CNN)Convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez is in trouble once again, getting mixed up in a prison fight, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the incident said Tuesday.

Hernandez allegedly agreed to be the lookout for another inmate who went into another prisoner's cell at Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Those two inmates got into a fight Monday, the source says, believed to be gang-related.

All three men are being disciplined over the incident, including the former professional football player, who was put in a special management section.
Glad to see he's fitting in so well. It's almost as if he belonged there.

Convicted murderer and former National Football League star Aaron Hernandez pleaded not guilty on Thursday to charges that he shot a man prosecutors believe witnessed a 2012 double homicide of which Hernandez is also accused.

A large tattoo that Hernandez got since his first-degree murder conviction could be seen on the right side of his neck. The tattoo references the Bloods gang, according to ABC News.

Link

28F3FBDA00000578-3090555-image-a-49_1432240093884.jpg

Aaron Hernandez's defense wants jury probe

Less than two months after Aaron Hernandez was sentenced to life in prison, his lawyers have come up with a new reason why they believe his conviction should be overturned, and it involves one of the jurors that sat on his case.

FOX25 has confirmed Hernandez's lawyers recently submitted four new filings at the Bristol County Superior Courthouse in Fall River, including one titled "Defense Motion for post verdict inquiry respecting a juror's exposure to extraneous matters."

We haven't been able to determine the exact nature of the allegations because Hernandez's lawyers asked for the documents to be sealed and unavailable to the public

According to FOX25 News legal analyst Brad Bailey, the filing indicates the defense believes a juror was exposed to outside information during the trial that may have influenced the panel when it deliberated in mid-April.

"These are experienced lawyers, they know the rules, they know the hurdles they have to reach. Clearly there is something there or they wouldn't be doing it." Bailey said in an interview Monday evening with FOX 25's Ted Daniel.

Hernandez's alleged accomplices to face court in Odin Lloyd murder trial

Aaron Hernandez’s two alleged accomplices in Odin Lloyd’s murder are scheduled to appear Friday for pretrial hearings in Superior Court.

Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz are both charged with murder and as accessories after the fact. Both have been in custody since their arrests in June 2013.

Wallace has a status review conference, while Ortiz’s attorney, John Connors, is expected to argue that Ortiz’s statements to police after his arrest in Connecticut should be suppressed. According to court documents, Ortiz spoke with detectives without a lawyer present and said that Hernandez and Wallace were outside their vehicle in the North Attleborough Industrial Park when Lloyd was shot to death just before 3:30 a.m. on June 17, 2013.

Ortiz also said he was sleeping, heard a gunshot and then saw Wallace and Hernandez return to the vehicle. Ortiz also allegedly recounted conversations between Lloyd and Hernandez in the vehicle, told police he saw Hernandez carrying a handgun and made apparent references to a Franklin apartment Hernandez rented where police said they found evidence, including clothing and ammunition.

Those statements led to early speculation that Ortiz would be the prosecution’s star witness against Hernandez, 25, the former New England Patriots tight end who was convicted April 15 of first-degree murder. But Ortiz did not testify during the 10-week trial because prosecutors considered him to be an unreliable witness since he allegedly later changed his story. Court documents also indicate a polygraph test, which is inadmissible in court, indicate Ortiz lied about not shooting Lloyd.

During closing arguments in Hernandez’s trial, defense attorney James Sultan said the former NFL star witnessed Lloyd’s killing, which Sultan said was “committed by someone he knew.” However, Sultan did not identify the alleged gunman.

Prosecutors allege Hernandez, who is serving a life sentence in state prison, orchestrated Lloyd’s murder and ordered Ortiz and Wallace to meet him at his North Attleborough home, where they met before driving to Boston to pick up Lloyd, 27, who dated the sister of Hernandez’s fiancé. They then drove Lloyd to the industrial park, where his bullet-riddled body was discovered about 14 hours later.

Connors has said Ortiz was “in the wrong place at the wrong time” and had no involvement in Lloyd’s murder.​

Prosecutor: Tipster had 'sexually explicit relationship' with Aaron Hernandez

The anonymous tipster who called an Aaron Hernandez defense attorney and raised questions about a member of the jury who convicted his client of murder was having a "sexually explicit relationship" with the former tight end “prior to and during the trial,” according to prosecutors.

“(T)he Commonwealth has also learned that ‘Katy’ hasn’t simply been in personal contact with the defendant,” prosecutors wrote today. “She had an ongoing sexually explicit relationship with the defendant prior to and during the trial.”

The tipster, who has been identified in court papers as “Katy,” told defense attorney James Sultan that a juror may have been “untruthful” during jury selection. In a court filing last week, Sultan acknowledged that the tipster had “extensive personal contact” with his client which is “clearly relevant to this individual’s credibility.”

Sultan wanted to question the tipster under oath, but prosecutors want Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh to deny the motion...​

Aaron Hernandez's Fiancee Asks Court to Change Her Surname

The fiancee of imprisoned ex-New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has petitioned a Rhode Island court to add the surname Hernandez to her name, matching their daughter's name.​

The Providence Journal says Shayanna Jenkins wore a gold wedding band along with a gold-and-diamond engagement ring on her left hand...​

Aaron Hernandez Caught Smoking in Prison Yard, Moved to More Restricted Area of Maximum Prison

Aaron Hernandez has been moved to an even more restricted unit of the maximum security MCI-Souza Baranowski Correction Center after being caught smoking with two other inmates in the prison yard.​

The Daily Mail reports just what the trio was smoking remains under investigation. Inmates at all Massachusetts prisons are strictly forbidden from smoking materials of any kind...​

A day in the lifer of Hernandrama.
drama.gif

Justice Was Served': Aaron Hernandez's Attorney Speaks Out About His Shocking Acquittal
People
Steve Helling 19 hours ago
For anyone not following the double murder trial of Aaron Hernandez, his acquittal on Friday was a shocking turn of events. After all, the former NFL star is still serving a life sentence for the 2011 murder of Odin Lloyd. It seemed likely that he would also be convicted of the 2012 killing of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado.

But his attorney, Jose Baez, was not shocked by Friday’s not guilty verdict.

“I wasn’t surprised, but I was relieved,” he tells PEOPLE. “I knew we had raised doubt throughout that case. I had never been involved in a case with so much reasonable doubt.”

For several weeks, the prosecution alleged that Hernandez had gunned down the two men after one of them had accidentally bumped into him at a Boston nightclub. The defense poked holes in that theory, instead pointing the finger at the prosecution’s star witness, Alexander Bradley.

By all accounts, Bradley was in the same silver SUV as Hernandez when the shooting occurred.

“Bradley’s statements didn’t make any sense,” Baez says. “There were lies and inconsistencies in his statements. The way Bradley said the shooting happened didn’t make any sense. It’s more likely that we’ll have dinner on the moon tonight than it is that Bradley was telling the truth.”

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/apos-justice-served-apos-aaron-194527926.html

Back